Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Sara schnenirer msw
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 6:30 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I had a similar experience with the questioning, but I wasn't given a choice of starting some classes. They said I can reapply next year. I asked them what my chances are of being accepted next year, I wanted to know if there is any point in putting hope on them, or if I should apply somewhere else. They called me back then, that they accept me for next year.

Interesting. did they send you an acceptance letter?

amother
  Lemonchiffon  

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 12:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Interesting. did they send you an acceptance letter?

No... They did not send me a letter. She just said she's putting me into the system as accepted. I am a bit worried that I didn't get any confirmation on that, I hope they won't make me any trouble next year.

amother
Seafoam  

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 12:50 pm
They don't except young singles (but if you have a wig on your head they would take you 🤪). They try to accept a more yeshivish crowd and the interview is really weird.

amother
  Seafoam  

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 12:52 pm
I would try to apply to bulka just in case you don't get into ss

amother
  Lemonchiffon  

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:05 pm
I am planning to apply to other places to be safe, I really want to do it through SS, though.
Bulka partnered with a new college recently, so I don't have information on their program. I would appreciate if anyone can share their experience with them.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:08 pm
I am planning to apply to other places to be safe, I really want to do it through SS, though.
Bulka partnered with a new college recently, so I don't have information on their program. I would appreciate if anyone can share their experience with them.

Can I dm you? Or is there a different way I can be in touch?

amother
  Lemonchiffon  

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:08 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
They don't except young singles (but if you have a wig on your head they would take you 🤪). They try to accept a more yeshivish crowd and the interview is really weird.

I am married, and wearing a wig. Very Happy

It's interesting what you're saying about yeshivish crowd, I heard similar about them. Is it really so, as they would rather not accept me if I'm chasidish?

amother
  Seafoam  

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:25 pm

It's interesting what you're saying about yeshivish crowd, I heard similar about them. Is it really so, as they would rather not accept me if I'm chasidish?

Yeah I heard from someone who works there that they prefer the yeshivish crowd. I have modern friends who got rejected from there (and they were certain it was due to their religious standing). I don't know about chassidish but I know that many chassidish ladies and men go to bulka.

amother
  Lemonchiffon  

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:36 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Yeah I heard from someone who works there that they prefer the yeshivish crowd. I have modern friends who got rejected from there (and they were certain it was due to their religious standing). I don't know about chassidish but I know that many chassidish ladies and men go to bulka.

I can understand they shouldn't accept modern, as their program is here for frum people who won't attend secular colleges. They might want to keep a certain standard. But I was surprised to hear that about chasidish people. Where should a real frum chasidish woman go, if not there?

I am not sure that was the case with me, although I can't think of any other reason. I wonder if anyone else had this experience with them.

amother
  Seafoam

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:37 pm
I can understand they shouldn't accept modern, as their program is here for frum people who won't attend secular colleges. They might want to keep a certain standard. But I was surprised to hear that about chasidish people. Where should a real frum chasidish woman go, if not there?

I am not sure that was the case with me, although I can't think of any other reason. I wonder if anyone else had this experience with them.

I never said anything about chassidish

amother
  Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 2:15 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
I never said anything about chassidish

Sorry, I meant to say I heard this information regarding them accepting chasidish people. I don't know how true it is, so I am wondering if anyone else had this experience.

true me  

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:21 am
Anyone here started this cohort? I would like to hear how it is.

amother
  Navyblue  

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:56 am

That is completely inaccurate . I’m a graduate and I work there. There are a number of chassidish people there .

amother
  Navyblue

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:59 am
amother Seafoam wrote:

That is inaccurate about “modern people” as well. I have a friend that doesn’t cover her hair who attended the program. The director told her that most people there are very religious and she may feel uncomfortable but if she’s okay with it then she can absolutely join.

They are looking for mature emotionally healthy people, nothing to do with whether they are chassidish, yeshivish or modern….

Rebesq  

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 12:08 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:

This whole thread is so unimpressive. They are a social work school and yet they are lacking clear communication, honesty and transparency. Go somewhere else.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:16 pm
My dd went to Sara Schenirer for her Bachelors. Her friend applied and got accepted to their MSW program. She was single and 19.

Please don't speak harshly about a prohram.just because you weren't accepted.

You also can't compair a Sara Schenirer Bachelors to TTI. In Sara Schenirer the girls had class, assignments and field work, just like any regular college. TTI uses a very different model.

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 3:12 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
My dd went to Sara Schenirer for her Bachelors. Her friend applied and got accepted to their MSW program. She was single and 19.

Please don't speak harshly about a prohram.just because you weren't accepted.

You also can't compair a Sara Schenirer Bachelors to TTI. In Sara Schenirer the girls had class, assignments and field work, just like any regular college. TTI uses a very different model.

Who was talking about TTI? So confused, I thought this thread is about Sarah Schenirer. And what does the bachelor's have to do with it, isn't this a master's program? The bachelor's is not the social work degree. You can get a bachelor's through TTI and go on to either the TTI MSW or the Sarah Schenirer one...it's a separate degree.

true me

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 3:20 pm
Rebesq wrote:
This whole thread is so unimpressive. They are a social work school and yet they are lacking clear communication, honesty and transparency. Go somewhere else.

Do you have any experience with them, or your impression is based on this thread?

I want to do their program next year, and would like to hear more about them.

Rebesq

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 3:52 pm
true me wrote:
Do you have any experience with them, or your impression is based on this thread?

I want to do their program next year, and would like to hear more about them.

I wrote this whole thread. If you have multiple people that weren’t exactly told why they weren’t accepted but can “try again next year” that’s not transparent
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics