Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

watergirl  

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 4:59 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
https://www.24six.app/register.html

$9.99 for single profile
$14.99 for 2 profiles
$19.99 for 4 profiles, then $3 for each additional profile

Can two profiles use it at the same time?

I asked them this question. No, not at the same time. But you can share your profile info with as many devices as you want. So I can give my daughter my login credentials, but we cannot be logged in and using the same profile at the same time.

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 5:02 pm
music-table.com is similar and its free

amother
Milk  

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 5:11 pm
watergirl wrote:
I asked them this question. No, not at the same time. But you can share your profile info with as many devices as you want. So I can give my daughter my login credentials, but we cannot be logged in and using the same profile at the same time.

Apple Music also has that if you don’t have a family plan. That was ultimately why I upgraded. Only one person on my Apple ID could listen at once.

DREAMING  

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:23 pm
watergirl wrote:
When you use the app, you need wifi like with any other app. If you have the device, you only need to sync it to wifi once a month. But the downside to that is that is won't be up to date.

Does that mean if you purchase their device you only need to pay a monthly fee if you want new downloads?

watergirl  

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 2:15 am
DREAMING wrote:
Does that mean if you purchase their device you only need to pay a monthly fee if you want new downloads?

No. Even when you purchase the device you have to pay the monthly fee per account.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 2:26 am
How much do they pay artists?

Ema of 5  

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 5:54 am
watergirl wrote:

Can my son and I both use it at the same time, if we each us our own profiles?

watergirl  

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 6:08 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Can my son and I both use it at the same time, if we each us our own profiles?

Yup!

All of this is explained on their website by the way. Thats how I know these answers Smile

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 6:39 am
watergirl wrote:
Yup!

All of this is explained on their website by the way. Thats how I know these answers Smile

I’m so bad at finding answers!! I’ll just rely on you :-)

SoGrateful  

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 7:03 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Why not just use Jewish fm? It's free

Thank you! I didn’t know about this. Just got jewish music fm.

SoGrateful

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 7:10 am
amother Candycane wrote:
music-table.com is similar and its free

Thank you! Streaming from them now and love it.

DREAMING

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 8:24 pm
watergirl wrote:
No. Even when you purchase the device you have to pay the monthly fee per account.

I can’t download the current music and then have it always?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 8:26 pm
Soon to be banned in Lakewood.
https://lakewoodalerts.com/lak.....form/

nicole81

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 9:03 pm
How much memory does it use if it holds so much in the app and not in the cloud? I'm one of those people always backing up and then deleting things for lack of phone space and laziness to buy a micro SD 😂

amother
White  

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 9:22 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:

How does that help anything? What’s the alternative?

amother
Violet  

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 9:23 pm
amother White wrote:
How does that help anything? What’s the alternative?

Maybe TAG is in the middle of developing their own streaming music device and doesn't want competition?

momomany  

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 3:02 am
DREAMING wrote:

of course not! it is basically spotify with only jewish content with availability to be used as an app on your phone or tablet, or on a purchased device that is doctored so that tho it is connected.to.wifi/internet, has no ability to be used for any other function other than playing 24/6.

Last edited by momomany on Thu, Dec 29 2022, 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
  Milk  

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 3:53 am
amother Burgundy wrote:

Look. If someone has a flip phone and naki radio. Or even less access than that, a stream device that streams anything might not be the smartest. But if it’s an alternative to giving a child a smartphone with Spotify and Apple Music (which can’t be filtered) and they would otherwise have one, I think it’s beneficial. The kol koreh is likely for kids and families who aren’t growing up with any access at all.

watergirl  

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 4:57 am
amother Burgundy wrote:

This is just my own speculation and if I am right, I am not at all surprised. And I'm expecting more rabbonim to try to ban it as well. It's really a shame.

There is so much more music available on 24Six. There is more in terms of genre and also in terms of women singers and podcasters. There is music that I know some rabbonim do not allow. Even though it's Jewish music and frum singers (or mostly frum singers, there are a few older singers who are more classic and not as frum as today's popular singers), I can see why the same rabbonim who do not allow The Moshav Band for example, would not allow this app. Although you have the ability for the parent to filter the music before the teen or kid can listen to anything... in a world in which control is the name of the game, I can totally see this ban. It's not that the kids should not listen to The Moshav Band, they also don't want adults to listen to them either.

By the way I am not picking The Moshav Band randomly. I speak from experience. My husband and I enjoy them, and many years ago, my step kids also loved them. Back when my oldest stepson was 10, he and his younger siblings had The Moshav Band on their MP3s because they asked their father to download it for them. No problem, he did. Their mother was not happy about it because she does not approve of that music (I think it reminds her too much of her ex, their father). She went to her rav, a Lakewood rav in a town outside of Lakewood, and he said he does not hear the Yiras Hashem in the music and that they should not be allowed to listen to it. Each of the kids took to this in different ways. The 10 year old stopped listening to Jewish music all together. The only one of my stepkids who is still frum today (16 years after this event took place) is the one child who continued to listen to whatever Jewish music he wanted to listen to, including Moshav Band. He didn't sneak it past his mom, for a certain reason he was allowed to (he has a medical condition and he got whatever he wanted because of it, long story).

When you take away kosher outlets, and when you move the goalposts in terms of what makes something kosher - you are going to lose people, and we know this happens. It's really sad.

watergirl  

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:00 am
DREAMING wrote:

No, think of the implication of that. You have to pay to own music for always. This is just on the device while you are streaming it, or if you have the 24Six device, it's also only there while you pay for access. If you were to be able to download the music and keep it, it would be much more expensive. Any Jewish song is a dollar to purchase and keep, and the albums are much more than that. If you want to purchase them, you can do it on mostlymusic.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics