Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 40  41  42  Next

Daliya  

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 8:24 pm
Hmm. I was a bit disappointed with this weeks installment. I thought Nechama was better than that. Getting involved cannot be good and Nechama seemed to have had enough sechel to know to stay out of things. I really didn't expect this from her.
Lol, I'm laughing at myself for analyzing a completely fictional character!

amother
  Aster  

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 8:36 pm
Good for her for confronting! Enough with the PC nonsense

Daliya

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 8:46 pm
Nope, I think it was dumb of her.

Chaya123  

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 9:35 am
They should've involved a Rav or therapist first before confronting her head on. This whole situation sounds so messy but Aryeh seems to be realizing it's either his mother or his wife and sounds like deep down he really does want to stay married and wants Miri to be happy, he's just so torn taking care of his mother.

amother
  Aster  

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 10:25 am
While Aryeh may be waking up to reality....I fear the reality is that waking up to that is not enough to undo lifelong patterns of dysfunction. Sure wish it were otherwise.
While anything can happen and hopefully only for the good...I also don't like when authors resort to crazy plot twists to resolve a seemingly unresolvable situation.
So wondering where it can go from here....
its just sad sad sad

amother
Gold  

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 5:50 pm
Any one read this weeks installment? Took a turn, the hope I had for Miri and Aryeh just dwindled. Im actually nervous to see where this story will end up..

amother
  Puce  

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 5:55 pm
I've been wondering if maybe it wouldn't be that bad if a serial ended up in divorce. Like I know that's not likely to be where this is heading. But for once I wish we'd see how a couple comes to the realization that this is just never going to work and we should cut our losses, and then show us how to navigate that new reality. I remember a serial maybe in Binah years ago that did that iirc - not the divorce itself but the single mother life...

Anyways I hope they make it out of their hole. I didn't read this week's yet but they are already in pretty deep.

Btw I also thought that nechama's reaction was actually pretty true to life. In the sense that people who don't understand dysfunction think they have the perfect idea that will fix everything and are naive/hopeful enough to believe that everyone else will go along with it.

amother
  Aster  

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 5:58 pm
What happened?

amother
  Nemesia  

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 6:02 pm
amother Gold wrote:
Any one read this weeks installment? Took a turn, the hope I had for Miri and Aryeh just dwindled. Im actually nervous to see where this story will end up..

Yes! I think it may get bad for them as a couple
Just shows you how dysfunctional and self-centered Bella is. And (sorry to pull the religious card) but it shows the terrible damage rechilus causes!!

To all the 'wait for shabbos' readers out there - I hope I am vague enough to not spoil it for you! I wish I had the gevurah to wait till Shabbos but alas...

amother
  Nemesia  

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 6:03 pm
amother Aster wrote:
What happened?

Out of respect for those that wait until Shabbos to read, I think we should wait until motzei Shabbos to give a summary

amother
  Aster  

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 6:03 pm
I would read it now but don’t have it yet
It’s like watching a train wreck go off the cliff in slow motion

I love happy endings but whatever realistically let Miri get divorced and remarried happily (I know people who have done this B”H) and aryeh can get himself into intensive therapy as can his whole family
Ok she can have a little therapy to build herself up though so far she has already been doing that

Tbh while the convo last week could’ve gone better the reality is that someone like Bella is going to use whatever info she has been given against them against Miri and her family she is vicious and probably we learn that aryeh’s father is hiding out at work or weakly exhausted or threatened or damaged some combo keeping him out of the picture and Bella is the problem she is the malicious manipulator abuser — too bad I used to like the name Bella — she probably just took the well meaning nechama’s naive heads up as a heads up to attack and take down Miri and her family Oy

amother
  Aster  

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 6:14 pm
Does anyone who has read it know how to do those hidden posts in which only those who want to look click on it?

Pretty please

amother
  Peru  

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 7:38 pm
Just an interesting point to note: Has anyone ever realized how most of the time the name Miri is used in literature depicting a gentle and vulnerable character?

amother
  Aster  

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 7:44 pm
Nope never noticed
I know a lot of awesome miris irl and love the name
And I mean look at the original Miriam!

amother
  Watermelon  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 9:35 am
Okay.... this week's installment was crazy.

I changed my diagnosis of Bella. She's not narcisstic, she is borderline.

She's horrible. I hate her.

amother
  Gardenia  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 7:41 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:

Kind of surprised he hasn’t seen through her. Kids are aware when they’re being manipulated.

amother
NeonPink  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 7:48 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Kind of surprised he hasn’t seen through her. Kids are aware when they’re being manipulated.

Ever heard of codependency and enmeshment? I was there. I was the therapist to the parent who played victim (in my parents case, though said parent wasn't perfect, they were indeed in a difficult position so they had the right to play victim). Took my years to realize it, and the realization was only after I was forced to put up boundaries due to the impact it was having on my own marriage. BH I'm in a decently good place now and I think so is said parent.

amother
  Burgundy

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 8:03 pm
Wait, I’m still up to last week. Can someone give a summary now?

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 8:13 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:

Me too. I really hate her so much.
She’s just awful

amother
Vermilion  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 8:32 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
Wait, I’m still up to last week. Can someone give a summary now?

Aryeh tells miri he'll restart therapy himself.
Bella calls aryeh to come in middle of seder. She's all worked up, won't tell him why. Says she just needs his support, which he gives her.
She asks if he and miri are having issues. Aryeh is smart and figures out miris mother spoke to her.
Bella then says miris mother says theyre on the brink of divorce. He is fuming

If I missed details s1 can add
Not sure is he fuming at miri or his mother?
Page 8 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room