Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 40  41  42  Next

amother
  Mayflower  

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 5:11 pm
Super2020 wrote:
What did he respond to his mother???
(I’m in Israel for succos and hopefully will pick up the ami tomorrow. Seriously ran around town for it but apparently it’s coming in tomorrow….)

*spoilers*

They don’t show what he said to her. He just says that he told her and says to Miri that she offered to come if she wants but they both know that’s a lie a Miri said no anyway

Eisheschayil123

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 5:50 pm
Miri sounds like she is very strong and not as innocent and naive as she was in the beginning. She is going through a lot and Aryeh needs to be on the same page! Aryeh never said that he will or will not go to therapy, Miri has lost her trust in her husband and to the point that she doesn’t trust that he will come back in the morning with her cinnamon rolls. He finds that he is saying the same lines to Miri that he says to his mother that things are all going to be ok. I think he is trying to be supportive to both wife and mom and he’s in crisis mode in both! I think he is a co-dependent for his mom and he may feel like he is helping her when he really needs to withdraw now and go full swing and take care of his wife and baby or he will lose his marriage. His mother will have to stand on her own 2 feet!

Genius  

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 6:46 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
*spoilers*

They don’t show what he said to her. He just says that he told her and says to Miri that she offered to come if she wants but they both know that’s a lie a Miri said no anyway

I understood that he didn't even tell his mom that the baby was born. It didn't seem like he even responded to her angry text yet. I'm really glad that Miri is finally growing a backbone.

amother
DarkOrange  

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 9:41 pm
Here's my take. The baby sadly won't make it but when they try to get in touch with him again he won't answer and will miss the whole thing again - leaving her to deal with the tragedy on her own.
Just my wild guess Smile

Kinor Dovid  

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 6:48 am
Arye has no idea how to be a normal husband.
Probably bec he never saw a normal marriage.
I think his father is abusive
His mother is needy and only cares about protecting herself.
She views her daughter in law as competition over Arye who is very good to her so she hates Miri.

She doesn’t care about arye only about her own needs. Sad but unfortunately not uncommon in abused people. She will probably also resent Arye’s baby.

I hope arye won’t become abusive to Miri like his father over time.
I hate that he’s saying to a wife recovering from a traumatic c section that she has dirty laundry herself when he’s clearly in the wrong. And her “dirty laundry” is squeaky clean compared to his!
Her “dirty laundry” only enabled him to stick so much of his own smelly laundry into their shared laundry room and instead of washing all the stuff out together and maintaining the laundry room together he just keeps piling more and more on her.

I think he deserves that she should kick him to the curb but hopefully there will be a happier ending than that.

Last edited by Kinor Dovid on Sun, Oct 16 2022, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

momof2+?

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 7:11 am
You guys missed how it ended.
*spoiler*

She asked Aryeh if he is even happy/is it a nice thing that he just became a father. And Aryeh does not answer.

amother
  Sand  

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 7:14 am
momof2+? wrote:
*spoiler*

She asked Aryeh if he is even happy/is it a nice thing that he just became a father. And Aryeh does not answer.

Ya and It’s the answer she dreaded.
He didn’t grow up with normal parents and although he knows it’s not normal he has no idea how to be one, being a parent seems to scare him.

amother
  Blushpink  

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 9:44 am
momof2+? wrote:
*spoiler*

He’s probably afraid that he’ll be like his father who doesn’t sound very stable even though we never heard any real details about his father.

amother
  Gardenia  

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 9:47 am
So none of this dysfunction showed itself while dating? No red flags? Nothing during information gathering? Seems unlikely.

amother
  Aster  

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 12:33 pm
Whether the mom is abused or not the reality is the vast majority of abused women certainly do not act like that!

chestnut

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 1:22 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
So none of this dysfunction showed itself while dating? No red flags? Nothing during information gathering? Seems unlikely.

No one knows it about his family, so obviously no one could tell it to the girl's family. And it's so easy to hide during dating.

amother
Obsidian  

Post Tue, Oct 11 2022, 12:50 pm
Mil is just plain needy and aryeh is unhealthy and doesn't know how to say no. We can't assume anything about the fil but either way all 3 of them are unhealthy... Well DH and I had something similar. his mum extremely needy but after years of marriage we've managed to set boundaries.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Oct 11 2022, 7:01 pm
His mother is an ill women
What kind of person treats a married son like she does? She’s a selfish narcissist if I ever saw one
. If Miri was my child, I’d cut my losses and run far away from that family. Only hope is if he cuts off his mother completely

amother
Burgundy  

Post Tue, Oct 11 2022, 9:26 pm
chestnut wrote:
No one knows it about his family, so obviously no one could tell it to the girl's family. And it's so easy to hide during dating.

Yes and Miri seems very naive, and insecure. She could have looked past all the red flags because she liked him and everyone was telling her how great he was. Know someone IRL like that.

Genius

Post Sun, Oct 16 2022, 11:23 am
amother Mint wrote:
His mother is an ill women
What kind of person treats a married son like she does? She’s a selfish narcissist if I ever saw one
. If Miri was my child, I’d cut my losses and run far away from that family. Only hope is if he cuts off his mother completely

I agree. Even if her marriage sucks, for whatever reason, she should know that Arye should spend time with his pregnant wife, and that he has no business spending the night in his childhood home without his wife in shana rishona.

Dreamer

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 2:25 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Here's my take. The baby sadly won't make it but when they try to get in touch with him again he won't answer and will miss the whole thing again - leaving her to deal with the tragedy on her own.
Just my wild guess Smile

Assuming this was sarcasm?!
Jewish fiction serials would only kill off a character that is old!

amother
  DarkOrange  

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 8:42 pm
Sigh, this is why frum fiction is just too predictable . . .

amother
  Blushpink  

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 9:09 pm
I wonder why this story is zoche to continue on and on while the bungalow colony/unhealthy friendship story had to come to an abrupt ending?

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 9:44 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
I wonder why this story is zoche to continue on and on while the bungalow colony/unhealthy friendship story had to come to an abrupt ending?
sunview cottages was a summer serial.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 10:08 pm
chestnut wrote:
I'm trying to figure out Aryeh's mother. It looks like his father is abusive, Aryeh has been helping her and his siblings emotionally and doing things for them, also helping in her bakery.
Her demanding text at the end, though, isn't one of an abused woman. She most definitely has some major emotional or mental issues.
Poor Miri Sad

What texts did she write at the end?
Page 4 of 42   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room