Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Cream cheese/ Cottage cheese

supermom  

Post Sun, Sep 18 2005, 12:23 am
I have a ton of cream cheese and cottage almost up to its date anyone know of some recipe to make with it besides freezing it that is. note: cream cheese here is actually cream

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 18 2005, 12:47 am
Cheese cake, blintzes, pancakes or just mail 2 me b/4 date end Very Happy

supermom  

Post Sun, Sep 18 2005, 2:02 am
glad to if you still want them. Very Happy cheese cake doesn't come out with the 3% cheeses here. and the cottage cheese is to blichy to make blintzes. cheese latkes are coming out of my ears. at one point my kids were cheese latkes happy.

I figured I will make out of the cottage cheese rice pudding, and cream cheese I am still thinking

sarahd

Post Sun, Sep 18 2005, 4:05 am
You can use the cottage cheese for lasagne. One container of cottage cheese and most of a package of yellow cheese, add a package of frozen spinach or broccoli, an egg and spices. In a square pan, layer tomato sauce, lasagne noodles, half of cheese mixture, repeat, add another layer of noodles, tomato sauce and the rest of the package of yellow cheese, shredded. Pour around 1/4 cup of water around the edges, cover and bake till the noodles are cooked. Uncover for the last few minutes of baking time.

supermom  

Post Sun, Sep 18 2005, 5:04 am
mm my kids and hubby love that I make it sometimes. the rice pudding came out delicious it was just sour cream, egg, milk, cottage cheese, vanilla sugar, and regular sugar, and don't forget the rice and cinnamon to sprinkle on the top and yum yum yum.

queen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 2:30 am
can you use it for a sweet lockshen (noodle) kugel???

supermom

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 2:32 am
I have no idea never tried it before this came from my grandmothers recipe book. sorry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals