Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To all those that said it’s not true last week..
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11 12  13  14  Next

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Gosh! How about there are a lot less unnecessary deaths since people have been staying home? How about the people who have been spreading this "fear mongering" have Saved lives! An unbelievable rate of the first 'shipment' of patients who went into these local hospitals at fault asap were returned in body bags several hours later. Yea they've improved by now, wow... perhaps because hatzala is trying their best to keep the sick home as much as possible. How about so so many could've survived if they hadn't gone into those hell holes in the beginning before we understood how little some of them care about us. With apologies to the wonderful caring kind hardworking nurses out there, there are people in those hospitals with blood on their hands. BH the posters who are trying to deny it are ok, the people living here in Brooklyn hearing firsthand accounts dont take their well intentioned but ill advice seriously. Hashem should help us survive this ordeal. This will surely go into history as the virus that completely changed the medical system.

You sound terribly upset but if you can back up any of the accusations you posted than I am sure they will be addressed. Otherwise its more of the same emotional response to a terrifying out of control situation.
Wishing us all clarity and healing

pause  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
You sound terribly upset but if you can back up any of the accusations you posted than I am sure they will be addressed. Otherwise its more of the same emotional response to a terrifying out of control situation.

Yes, it's upsetting to be told that you're not believed. Again and again. By people who can't imagine that such things could be true.

Mommyg8  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:26 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

What youre basically doing is calling countless frum women on this site liars. Which quite honestly, is bizarre.

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:28 pm
pause wrote:
Yes, it's upsetting to be told that you're not believed. Again and again. By people who can't imagine that such things could be true.

Whoever has a first person story should be believed. But as I posted earlier, medical care in critical situations is unpleasant...and made worse by the provider being gowned and masked and rushed and having no family member around to provide support. So traumatic horrible stories often do not translate into mistreatment, as awful as the patient experience truly was

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:30 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
What youre basically doing is calling countless frum women on this site liars. Which quite honestly, is bizarre.

Not liars at all. Just either repeating storieanthey have heard which naturally translates into inaccuracies. Or first person traumatic stories that while awful dont point to mistreatment, but are indicative of the forst out of control terrible days of the pandemic

amother
  Periwinkle  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:52 pm
Why would the hospital refuse to release the medical records of the deceased?

A couple in their 70's were both hospitalized due to corona. One made it, the other nebach not. The hospital is only willing to release the surviving spouse's records.

Why?

crust  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

You can pm me.
I can't tell you a story about myself.

I can only tell you a first hand story of a next of kin relative that is not here anymore to tell the tale.

Does that count?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:01 pm
My husband spoke to someone who was a patient in NYU and heard firsthand about his treatment or rather mistreatment. Unbelievable and a disgrace what he went through..

amother
  Pink  

amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Why would the hospital refuse to release the medical records of the deceased?

A couple in their 70's were both hospitalized due to corona. One made it, the other nebach not. The hospital is only willing to release the surviving spouse's records.

Why?

Is that even legal? Probably not! Whoever is listed as the closest or responsible relative or patient representative should have the right to get the chart. Contact patient rep, pt records etc escalate this till you get what is rightfully yours. Though like Amazon deliveries, everyting is working slowly. Much ancillary staff is working from home and maybe less efficient

pause  

crust wrote:
You can pm me.
I can't tell you a story about myself.

I can only tell you a first hand story of a next of kin relative that is not here anymore to tell the tale.

Does that count?

No, of course it doesn't count. You have no proof because you weren't there. [/sarcasm]

Reality  

Amother pink, do you work in one of the very overcrowded NYC hospitals? Only if you do is your information somewhat accurate. Really, your information is only accurate in the hospital that you work.

I understand those hospitals were overwhelmed and unable to give proper care to all the covid patients. What I don't understand is why they kept accepting more patients. The temporary hospitals were all pretty much empty. So was the USS Comfort. If they were really looking out for the patients' best interest shouldn't some patients been transfered? Or diverted on route because they had no space?

amother
Lawngreen  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:03 pm
With so many people yelling about the medical 'neglect', I truly wonder if people are aware what flatten the curve really means.

The goal of flattening the curve was to keep the daily numbers of patients at a manageable level for doctors & nurses. The only way to achieve that was through quarantine. Slow down the transfer of the virus from one human to another, so the medical staff can take care of all of the sick.

With so many people not abiding to the rules, or with many places instituting the quarantine a few days too late, the goal of flattening the curve was much harder to reach. Hence, the overflow of patients, without enough resources to care for them. This wasn't purposeful neglect. It was a consequence of the delayed action and / or the failure to follow rules.

This is of critical importance to understand. We don't know if this virus has played all of its hands, or is bound to return. If it so does, God forbid, we need to understand that the rules are put in place to protect us. We can't fight the rules in one breath, and then scream at the consequences in the following breath.

crust  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:07 pm
pause wrote:
No, of course it doesn't count. You have no proof because you weren't there. [/sarcasm]

Sigh

I am not planning to sue and I did not tell this to anyone important yet but I don't think we are far away from the day that I will be told that I made it all up.

Laiya

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:09 pm
crust wrote:
Sigh

I am not planning to sue and I did not tell this to anyone important yet but I don't think we are far away from the day that I will be told that I made it all up.

I'm so sorry for what you went through. Please hold onto all documentation that you have, meanwhile.

crust  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:11 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
With so many people yelling about the medical 'neglect', I truly wonder if people are aware what flatten the curve really means.

The goal of flattening the curve was to keep the daily numbers of patients at a manageable level for doctors & nurses. The only way to achieve that was through quarantine. Slow down the transfer of the virus from one human to another, so the medical staff can take care of all of the sick.

With so many people not abiding to the rules, or with many places instituting the quarantine a few days too late, the goal of flattening the curve was much harder to reach. Hence, the overflow of patients, without enough resources to care for them. This wasn't purposeful neglect. It was a consequence of the delayed action and / or the failure to follow rules.

This is of critical importance to understand. We don't know if this virus has played all of its hands, or is bound to return. If it so does, God forbid, we need to understand that the rules are put in place to protect us. We can't fight the rules in one breath, and then scream at the consequences in the following breath.

Did you read about the nursing home that had more than 90 deaths?
Do you think these seniors even entered the hospital?

The nursing home gave all different excuses for these deaths to cover up their incompetence of protecting their residents.

I'll post a link to the article if I find it

amother
  Linen  

amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Loving your cynism, so you want me to give you identifying details or only names with a valid phone number will do? I can tell you if I want but
1. Im not sure I want
2. Even if I wanted I dont have the liberty
3. Even if I had the liberty I don't think it would've made a difference. You'll believe what you want to believe, and honestly thats ok. I dont think it'll help anything if you do or don't believe it so why bother. Ignorance is bliss so Enjoy it, I wish I could ...

amother
  Pink  

Reality wrote:
Amother pink, do you work in one of the very overcrowded NYC hospitals? Only if you do is your information somewhat accurate. Really, your information is only accurate in the hospital that you work.

I understand those hospitals were overwhelmed and unable to give proper care to all the covid patients. What I don't understand is why they kept accepting more patients. The temporary hospitals were all pretty much empty. So was the USS Comfort. If they were really looking out for the patients' best interest shouldn't some patients been transfered? Or diverted on route because they had no space?

I work in one of "those" NYC hospitals. I asked the very same questions at the timw. How it was ethical to accept patients without adequate staff. The answer I was given was that EDs have a legal obligation to accept anyone who shows up. The ship was only accepting pts with vwry strict criteria and the many critically ill pts did not meet thise criteria. It was devastating to us providers to observe the level of care that was available at that time. We didnt go into medicine to rush from roomm to room dealing with way too many pts than humanly possible. Such is the situatiom during an emergency pandemic and I do understand the need for patients and families to try and assign blame, but it is misguided.

amother
  Periwinkle

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:15 pm
Oish. I'm slowly beginning to understand the agony of the holocaust survivors in the face of holocaust deniers.

crust  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:18 pm
Laiya wrote:
I'm so sorry for what you went through. Please hold onto all documentation that you have, meanwhile.

No documents.

You can pm me for info.

amother
  Linen  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:19 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

People keep touting this yet it's still unclear if this is even helping at this point. People who have been under lock and key have gotten infected, possibly from delivery pkges? no one knows. So far it's seems the people walking around town are faring the best so what to we know. I see elderly walking up and down ocean parkway without masks. What should I say... I wish the elderly homebound are in as good shape. This situation is terrible but the way our "higher ups" are dealing with it isn't making it better... aila varechev v'aila vasusim... was always wondering at the wording, who trusts in horses? But its clearer now... there are those that trust in the susim, ferden, and here we are.... Banging head
Page 11 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 10  11 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics