Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To all those that said it’s not true last week..
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 12  13  14  Next

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 3:10 pm
The Ami had some family members share their experience with what went on in the hospitals.

amother
  Blonde  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 3:15 pm
My sister was in the hospital to have a baby. After 12 hours after birth, she requested food and was told that supper was already given, there's no food, "but you people are used to fasting." BH the next nurse who came in got her three tangerines which had to suffice until the next morning. Yes she should report that nurse but no it will not accomplish anything.

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 3:19 pm
flowerpower wrote:
The Ami had some family members share their experience with what went on in the hospitals.

Totally irresponsible article. Inaccuracies and fear mongering based on anecdotal mostly 2nd hand evidence.
Noone is disputing that the situation in all NYC hospitals was terrible. This was due to the pandemic which immediately caused (sorry for.my repetitive postings) too many patients, too few staff, not enough equipment and minimal knowledge and protocols. This worst situation lasted maybe 3 weeks (I think?). After that, slowly the situation began resolving, however it is still not optimal (imo most of all pts being alone). Assigning blame for this pandemic is not helpful and may be damaging community/hospitalrelationships irrevocably. Those that immediately started bashing the hospitals without complete non emotion based evidence and may have caused people to stay home and die due to lack of any care have blood on their hands.

amother
  Blonde  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Totally irresponsible article. Inaccuracies and fear mongering based on anecdotal mostly 2nd hand evidence.
Noone is disputing that the situation in all NYC hospitals was terrible. This was due to the pandemic which immediately caused (sorry for.my repetitive postings) too many patients, too few staff, not enough equipment and minimal knowledge and protocols. This worst situation lasted maybe 3 weeks (I think?). After that, slowly the situation began resolving, however it is still not optimal (imo most of all pts being alone). Assigning blame for this pandemic is not helpful and may be damaging community/hospitalrelationships irrevocably. Those that immediately started bashing the hospitals without complete non emotion based evidence and may have caused people to stay home and die due to lack of any care have blood on their hands.

The hospitals were immediately bashed because they were at fault. Now maybe maybe there's more awareness so possibly things improved. We're not a third world country, why did we have so many deaths per capita more than Italy??? Why weren't we better prepared?

imasinger

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 3:23 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
My sister was in the hospital to have a baby. After 12 hours after birth, she requested food and was told that supper was already given, there's no food, "but you people are used to fasting." BH the next nurse who came in got her three tangerines which had to suffice until the next morning. Yes she should report that nurse but no it will not accomplish anything.

Surprised

How horrible! (Not more horrible than people starving, but such an insensitive comment and reaction.)

I hope she does report that nurse.

Mazel tov to your sister. I hope the rest of her experience was better.

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 3:34 pm
The hospitals were immediately bashed because they were at fault. Now maybe maybe there's more awareness so possibly things improved. We're not a third world country, why did we have so many deaths per capita more than Italy??? Why weren't we better prepared?

Explain using facts how the hospitals were at fault.

Please show evidence for more deaths per capita than Italy... and explain using facts what that means

Why werent we better prepared is a good question that goes all the way up to the WHO and describes most (maybe all) of the world

The NYC hospital where I work is a vastly different place than it was during the first weeks and I am.amazed at the quick turn around. Patient/staff ratios are closer to normal, PPE supply is much better and as knowledge grows, new algorithms for pt care and staff safety are implemented dailyaa

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 3:38 pm
imasinger wrote:
Surprised

How horrible! (Not more horrible than people starving, but such an insensitive comment and reaction.)

I hope she does report that nurse.

Mazel tov to your sister. I hope the rest of her experience was better.

She should report that nurse. If she doesnt know the name, than she shuld send an email to the hospital (everyone relevant...) stating the date of her hospital stay and time of the incident . It should be possible to trace the nurse through the electronic chart. Especially if she also gave her meds which would have been charted.

Btw, there often even during normal times is minimal or no food on the unit at night. Currently in my facility, nurses have been going downstairs to retrieve food delivery for patients

Mommyg8  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 3:42 pm

amother
  Burlywood

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:06 pm
chestnut wrote:
This doesn't make sense. She isn't working on a COVID floor?

What didn't you understand? In the past she has worked regular floors, often post-op. There's a lot of patient interaction.

Now with COVID, she puts on PPE, does the urgent care, and gets out of there as fast as possible. That's protocol in her upstate hospital. There is no patient interaction. They're not spending time at bedsides. She hooks up whatever she needs to and gets out. Monitoring is done via telemetry. She doesn't get to speak to patients at all.

renslet

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:07 pm
How does the first story make sense. Aren't (adult) patients sedated when they are on ventilators?

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:14 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
What didn't you understand? In the past she has worked regular floors, often post-op. There's a lot of patient interaction.

Now with COVID, she puts on PPE, does the urgent care, and gets out of there as fast as possible. That's protocol in her upstate hospital. There is no patient interaction. They're not spending time at bedsides. She hooks up whatever she needs to and gets out. Monitoring is done via telemetry. She doesn't get to speak to patients at all.

As difficult as it is, in the interest if keeping staff in the job and not falling ill, it is appropriate to cluster care and minimize time at bedside. That does not.mean no interaction. It means that safetly demands less interaction. At my facility, for verbal patients we take their cell phone numbers and speak to them often

chestnut

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood "do not interact with vivid patients" as don't go into their rooms.

amother
  Linen  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Gosh! How about there are a lot less unnecessary deaths since people have been staying home? How about the people who have been spreading this "fear mongering" have Saved lives! An unbelievable rate of the first 'shipment' of patients who went into these local hospitals at fault asap were returned in body bags several hours later. Yea they've improved by now, wow... perhaps because hatzala is trying their best to keep the sick home as much as possible. How about so so many could've survived if they hadn't gone into those hell holes in the beginning before we understood how little some of them care about us. With apologies to the wonderful caring kind hardworking nurses out there, there are people in those hospitals with blood on their hands. BH the posters who are trying to deny it are ok, the people living here in Brooklyn hearing firsthand accounts dont take their well intentioned but ill advice seriously. Hashem should help us survive this ordeal. This will surely go into history as the virus that completely changed the medical system.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:50 pm
BH BH that things are improving. BH that the nightmare is ending. BH Bh.

amother
  Linen  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:54 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
BH BH that things are improving. BH that the nightmare is ending. BH Bh.

Mama Bear I so hope you're right! There are for sure less deaths, perhaps simply because less people are taken in. Have you heard from trenches that the situation in the local hospitals improved? I so so wish it's true! Can't Believe It

amother
  Blonde

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:03 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Mama Bear I so hope you're right! There are for sure less deaths, perhaps simply because less people are taken in. Have you heard from trenches that the situation in the local hospitals improved? I so so wish it's true! Can't Believe It

I heard Westchester started allowing in pre-screened family members and Mt. Sinai letting in for 1 hour a day. I have no way of confirming this now , just repeating hearsay.

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:08 pm
[quote="amother [ Linen ]"]Mama Bear I so hope you're right! There are for sure less deaths, perhaps simply because less people are taken in. Have you heard from trenches that the situation in the local hospitals improved? I so so wish it's true! Can't Believe It[/quote
I work in the hospital and the nurse patient ratio has improved which means better care and attention to patients, ppe supplies are umproved which means providers can go into rooms more often, I hear way fewer codes being overheaded and mursesninntue ed say they areseeing fewer patients

Patients did NOT die because they were taken in to the hospital. They died because they had a deadly virus. They got suboptimal care often in all facilities due to the situation and that is tragic but that did not kill them. Patients who died at home also died because they had a deadly virus and maybe because they didnt receive treatment or received meds that may have exacerbated their underlying conditions that were unmonitored at home. Hatzola made the best decisions and did the best they could under the situation amd so did the majority of providers

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:09 pm
I heard Westchester started allowing in pre-screened family members and Mt. Sinai letting in for 1 hour a day. I have no way of confirming this now , just repeating hearsay.

I thank you on behalf of all of us for noting that this is hearsay though I do hope it is true!

amother
  Maroon  

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:10 pm

OMG! which hospital?

amother
  Slategray

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:11 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Gosh! How about there are a lot less unnecessary deaths since people have been staying home? How about the people who have been spreading this "fear mongering" have Saved lives! An unbelievable rate of the first 'shipment' of patients who went into these local hospitals at fault asap were returned in body bags several hours later. Yea they've improved by now, wow... perhaps because hatzala is trying their best to keep the sick home as much as possible. How about so so many could've survived if they hadn't gone into those hell holes in the beginning before we understood how little some of them care about us. With apologies to the wonderful caring kind hardworking nurses out there, there are people in those hospitals with blood on their hands. BH the posters who are trying to deny it are ok, the people living here in Brooklyn hearing firsthand accounts dont take their well intentioned but ill advice seriously. Hashem should help us survive this ordeal. This will surely go into history as the virus that completely changed the medical system.

Which makes most sense? (assuming the bolded is true):

A - They were starved to death within hours
B - Murdered (bullet? Smothered with a pillow?)
C - Sudden organ failure and/or heart attack/stroke complication of Covid

If the bolded is hyperbole I feel free to assume so is much of what you wrote.

I live in Brooklyn and I hear the stories. I think there was a lot of chaos in the beginning but also a lot of dramatic tales.
Page 10 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics