Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Frum styles you hate
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

First Lady

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 10:48 pm
My pet peeve is when some people ruuunnn to buy the latest without checking with themselves if they even like it or if it suits them.
No, not everyone looks good in a middle part, or in the oversized look clothing.
I like people who rock their own style.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 10:54 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Its a style now. I sew and I make things short sleeves to add the look of the shell underneath

It's actually out of style for 2-3 years already, NY area.

amother
  Navy  

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 11:02 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
It's actually out of style for 2-3 years already, NY area.

NY too and I see it all the time

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 11:10 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
NY too and I see it all the time

It’s not in style even if you see it. Not everyone in NY is stylish.

sky  

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 11:37 pm
Matching clothing on kids
Black clothing on everyone - especially babies, women and children
Tight pants on babies, toddlers, boys and men
Tight biker shorts on toddler boys
Pom Pom hats on grown women
Dresses on women and girls that either look like a nightgown or a swim dress
Baby stretchiest that snap in the back - I like how they look - just hate changing the diapers with it.
Babies 1/2 naked in a romper smaller then a bathing suit with the air conditioner running.
Baby boys in legless rompers and tights in the winter.

amother
  Tangerine  

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 11:43 pm
sky wrote:
Baby stretchiest that snap in the back - I like how they look - just hate changing the diapers with it.
Babies 1/2 naked in a romper smaller then a bathing suit with the air conditioner running.

Are you me?

aliavi  

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:05 am
sky wrote:

I wear lots of black. I do it because it simplifies my life and makes dressing quicker and easier. I need a fraction of the clothes. Black is easy to match. Black shoes and colored shoes go with black. Black doesn’t go out in a season or two. I like to wear black. There are so many reasons why it works for me. (If I was more creative I would have made this into a rhyme.)

sky  

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:10 am
aliavi wrote:
I wear lots of black. I do it because it simplifies my life and makes dressing quicker and easier. I need a fraction of the clothes. Black is easy to match. Black shoes and colored shoes go with black. Black doesn’t go out in a season or two. I like to wear black. There are so many reasons why it works for me. (If I was more creative I would have made this into a rhyme.)

Just cause I don’t like it doesn’t mean I don’t do it. That applies to a few things on my list.
I also wear a lot of black. Hides flaws. Easy to wear and keep clean. Easily looks elegant. Harder to mess the look up.
One of my coworkers thought I only wear it for religious reason.
I still don’t like it. My mother doesn’t own a black summer skirt. Says it’s not an appropriate color. I love that!

I hate that you go to a summer wedding and 90% are wearing black and the other 9% is wearing white. But I do it too.

Last edited by sky on Fri, May 01 2020, 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:11 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
It’s not in style even if you see it. Not everyone in NY is stylish.

Shells are making a little bit of comeback. Ribbed ones under jumpers at least...

For the past 4ish years everyone was wearing long sleeve everything. In the past year or maaaybe year and a half there have been way more jumpers and overalls, even fancy ones which you would never have seen 2 years ago.

twolilgirlies

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:12 am
winter romper or bubble with tights underneath. especially on boys!

amother
Brown

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:27 am
Flat undone wigs don't suit most pp over the age of 25. Why isn't this style changing already?

Ok1

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:37 am
hate midi length skirts! hope it goes out fast.

zigi

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:56 am
I also don't like the washed out pinks. I like a pure bubble gum pink. I like gap factory over gap for the brighter colors. my teen daughter likes more colorful clothes. she winds up in a lot of black and white because she can't find the brighter colors.
I hate the 3 snaps in the back it does look cute but it is hard to change. I love the zippers that start at the foot. very easy to change

SixOfWands  

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:57 am
Children in any clothing that they cannot run, jump, play and get dirty in. They’re kids. If you can afford that $50 white shirt for your toddler, and don’t care if he spills grape juice on it, enjoy. If you’re going to throw a fit, buy him a polo from Old Navy instead.

Little girls in heels.

Jo jo bows.

Leggings on boys. Bows on boys. Lace on boys.

Sleeveless dresses for winter. No. It’s winter. I want sleeves. And if you’re in a chunky knit sweater, good chance your kid needs sleeves too.

Boots when it’s 75 degrees, open toed shoes in the snow.

Stilettos at the park.

Shells, especially under formal wear. Worst of all when it’s a style intended to be a bit risqué, with a shell under it.

Black stretchy skirt, sneakers and skin tight solid colored tee shirt on every teen girl I see.

dancingqueen  

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 1:18 am
I think it looks odd when I see a large frum family in very formal super matching outfits at a casual locations like the zoo.

amother
Orange  

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 1:21 am
Threads like these make me glad I don't invest too much thought in fashion. I've got my 'uniform' of black pleated midi skirt, black opaque tights, flowy shirt and zehu. I'm comfortable, DH is happy and it's easy to play around with the kids.

I was in Crown Heights once and an older woman lamented that I was young and "could do so much more with myself". But tbh, looking around me at the whole fashion show going on there, it was really unappealing. Life's too short to get bogged down in keeping up with the Joneses on instagram.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 3:13 am
dancingqueen wrote:
I think it looks odd when I see a large frum family in very formal super matching outfits at a casual locations like the zoo.

If we're thinking about the same type of people, they generally dress more formally all the time.

TravelHearter

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 3:31 am
I really like it when people look put together. You can do that with most styles.... but why those potato sack dresses? They are very comfortable but way to schleppy.
I also never understood TOMS shoes, even through I did own them. Why do you want a bandage wrapped around your foot?
And I don’t understand those shoe slipper things that have no back. And I’m young and not out of style...

LovesHashem

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 3:50 am
It's so hard to find things that don't need shells though...

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 4:09 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Children in any clothing that they cannot run, jump, play and get dirty in. They’re kids. If you can afford that $50 white shirt for your toddler, and don’t care if he spills grape juice on it, enjoy. If you’re going to throw a fit, buy him a polo from Old Navy instead.

Little girls in heels.

Jo jo bows.

Leggings on boys. Bows on boys. Lace on boys.

Sleeveless dresses for winter. No. It’s winter. I want sleeves. And if you’re in a chunky knit sweater, good chance your kid needs sleeves too.

Boots when it’s 75 degrees, open toed shoes in the snow.

Stilettos at the park.

Shells, especially under formal wear. Worst of all when it’s a style intended to be a bit risqué, with a shell under it.

Black stretchy skirt, sneakers and skin tight solid colored tee shirt on every teen girl I see.

Are these all frum styles? Little girls in heels? I always thought that was a non-Jewish thing.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics