Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To all those that said it’s not true last week..
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 12  13  14  Next

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:12 am
Just on a tangent to what frantic said, I was once in triage for for over 2 days and they didnt bring me food because I was still in the ER. I remember asking the nurse for a drink and she told me thats not her job. I was partially in there for dehydration (before I knew that I had a medical condition which made fasting dangerous) and was waiting for my husband to come so was alone and yes I get that it was tisha baav and they were overwhelmed but that definitely made me sicker (to have to wait another 3 hours for a drink). And this was in a typical hospital in Yerushalyim.

pause  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:50 am
Ora and Pink, casting aspersions on people's firsthand accounts won't change the reality. Keep convincing yourselves that it can't be as bad as people are making it sound...

Mommyg8  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:58 am
dancingqueen wrote:
My feelings? No, I am concerned about massive chillul Hashem. If true, this would have to be approached carefully.

The Hamodia had an interview last week and they approached the head of one of the hospital networks, IIRC. (Don't have the article in front of me). He basically acknowledged that this a problem and patients are not treated their best when family members are not there with them.

You don't have to be "frummer" than them.

amother
  Pink  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:38 am
pause wrote:
Ora and Pink, casting aspersions on people's firsthand accounts won't change the reality. Keep convincing yourselves that it can't be as bad as people are making it sound...

The situation was very very bad. Even worse than you can imagine. Impossible. Huge influx of very ill patients. Not enough staff at all to manage the sudden increase. Not enough or no supplies. Lack of knowledge regarding treatment.
This was the case in every single hospital in New York.
No need to blame and shame and attack and spread half truthhearsay. A war broke out and the infantry did the best it was humanly possible to do. Period. If you were personally viciously meaningfully abused than report it to the appropriate authorities. Every patient has an electronic chart and every nurse who has contact with the patient is on there. Your abuser WILL be found and brought to justice if willful negligence occured. If you were not personally hurt than stop with the negativity...it is not helping anyone.

amother
  Mint  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:25 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH2oFfM0_d5Y%26t%3D17s%26fbclid%3DIwAR1sdEfs3H57_gz_cLv6G0dAv6QFUudN-8d5NR6YAURM6bjMIrPg1qXJWgE&h=AT1_MftZE1Kx00KYZJvYvkBweDdCu32JYFy78ZkqXx_13oEQFvbuTofim5HFOYMhWYPR2GvKs31B5JLr4ylFkdvgpOYXbiM0OeSG5kLvm_0KaCsypikemLj8siy_DQnvbd_Os2Y1wQv01Lh9zJuBFHOXTku22pDu6FY9yBI

Who is talking here?

chestnut  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 12:46 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
The Hamodia had an interview last week and they approached the head of one of the hospital networks, IIRC. (Don't have the article in front of me). He basically acknowledged that this a problem and patients are not treated their best when family members are not there with them.

Can you post it here or message it to me, please?

Mommyg8  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 1:02 pm
chestnut wrote:
Can you post it here or message it to me, please?

I can't find it online, but here is a picture of the opening paragraph:

Mommyg8  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 1:03 pm

4sure  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:55 pm
If you want to hear another first-hand account. My aunt is on a vent/trach for a few weeks, she was at a point where she has significantly improved and was about to get weaned off the trach. Guess what, she wasn't properly drained and went into septic shock. Luckily she has a private doctor on top of her case and he was the one who told the family what happened.

Mommyg8  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:02 pm
4sure wrote:
If you want to hear another first-hand account. My aunt is on a vent/trach for a few weeks, she was at a point where she has significantly improved and was about to get weaned off the trach. Guess what, she wasn't properly drained and went into septic shock. Luckily she has a private doctor on top of her case and he was the one who told the family what happened.

In normal times someone on a trach needs constant care. Much more care than a hospital would normally provide.

4sure

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:12 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
In normal times someone on a trach needs constant care. Much more care than a hospital would normally provide.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to imply. That hospitals put people on trachs but don’t know how to care for them ? If she’s in the ICU she should have constant care.

amother
  Pink  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:29 pm
4sure wrote:
I don’t understand what you’re trying to imply. That hospitals put people on trachs but don’t know how to care for them ? If she’s in the ICU she should have constant care.

Hospitals know how to care for people with trachs. In my facility ICU is back to 1 nurse to 2 ICU patients which is manageable. At the beginningnof this crisis when suddenly massive amounts of very ill patients were coming in, often 1 nurse had too many patients. It took some.time to mobilize new staff but now there are many traveling nurses adding to the staff so if a nurse has a normal patient load, she can deal with each patient as needed

chestnut  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:47 pm
Thanks, Mommyg8. I'm not sure his advice of having a relative when going to the hospital necessarily translates into being treated poorly without one.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:33 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

Icu’s (At least competent ones) are equipped and deal with trached patients all the time

(Ftr- it’s not a person on a trach as the trach is in the neck)

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:39 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
The situation was very very bad. Even worse than you can imagine. Impossible. Huge influx of very ill patients. Not enough staff at all to manage the sudden increase. Not enough or no supplies. Lack of knowledge regarding treatment.
This was the case in every single hospital in New York.
No need to blame and shame and attack and spread half truthhearsay. A war broke out and the infantry did the best it was humanly possible to do. Period. If you were personally viciously meaningfully abused than report it to the appropriate authorities. Every patient has an electronic chart and every nurse who has contact with the patient is on there. Your abuser WILL be found and brought to justice if willful negligence occured. If you were not personally hurt than stop with the negativity...it is not helping anyone.

Bit of a problem when the abused are no longer alive...

amother
  Mint

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:03 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Hospitals know how to care for people with trachs. In my facility ICU is back to 1 nurse to 2 ICU patients which is manageable. At the beginningnof this crisis when suddenly massive amounts of very ill patients were coming in, often 1 nurse had too many patients. It took some.time to mobilize new staff but now there are many traveling nurses adding to the staff so if a nurse has a normal patient load, she can deal with each patient as needed

Thanks for sharing. Its nice to hear that the load is becoming manageable.

amother
  Pink  

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:24 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Bit of a problem when the abused are no longer alive...

If the patient or family of a deceased or disabled patient has knowledge or suspicion of abuse then there should be chart review.(Better?)

Suspicion btw doesnt mean guilt and doesnt warrant widespread salacious namecalling and fear mongering. The rapid outbreak of covid19 in NY created an unprecedented tragic situation and it was impossible for patients to get the care they normally would due to inadequate amounts of staff, supplies and knowledge. As difficult and painful as that is for patients and family to process and accept, that still doesnt mean that someone needs to be blamed or faulted. Willful mistreatment is another thing all together

ora_43  

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:44 am
pause wrote:

Edit, because the original version of this was unnecessarily harsh.

I've said more than once that this isn't what I'm saying at all. It's frustrating to be accused of dismissing other people's accounts over and over again, when I have been bending over backwards to make it clear I'm NOT saying that.

Last edited by ora_43 on Thu, Apr 30 2020, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

ora_43  

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:49 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

You're mixing together a whole lot of different claims.

Nobody has said that patients get ideal treatment when family members aren't there. (It's extra absurd to be accused of saying this, given that I was told off by someone else in another thread for saying the exact opposite of that Can't Believe It .)

amother
  Blonde  

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 10:50 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
My uncle was buried this morning. He died from coronavirus. He was in his low-60's. My aunt, his wife, said, I'm not angry at Hashem, I'm not blaming the virus, I'm not angry at the doctors nor at the hospital for his death. This was his time; he was pre-destined to die now. But I am angry at the hospital for how rishus'dig they were. That has no excuse.

I'm quoting myself here.
My aunt was asked if she wants to join a lawsuit against NYU. As much as she accepted the gezeirah, she responded with "Absolutely"
Page 8 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics