Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To all those that said it’s not true last week..
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 12  13  14  Next

southernbubby  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:19 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
The few times that I've been in a hospital in Israel, I never got food. I'm hypoglycemic, and I told everyone that, and even tried to give them money to at least get me a granola bar from the vending machine. No one could be bothered.

I saw many other people who had extended family bringing them hot, delicious smelling food, and I felt even more alone. I had no one to bring me food, and didn't even know how to reach someone who could. I was too out of it to every try and call someone.

Now I have a "hospital bag" that I keep by the door. I have a bath robe (because you only get one thin blanket), fuzzy socks, a few days worth of my medication (because they always seem to forget, and can take forever to get it from the pharmacy), a list of my medical conditions in English and Hebrew, and FOOD. Shelf stable things like a can of supplement, granola bars, crackers, etc.

When you are not really able to advocate for yourself, and you are without any outside support, you have to be prepared in advance. You can't take anything for granted, and you certainly cannot count on the hospitals to be there for you.

And this is on a GOOD day, when there was no Corona going around, and it was just business as usual. When people ask me "Oh, you got the virus - why didn't you go to the hospital?" this is why.

I wonder how many people are dying at home, because they are afraid to go to the hospital and be ignored for hours, or even days on end?

You bring up two points that rabbonim should address:
1) having a non-cholev yisroel product such as Ensure on hand in case of hospitalization
2) allowing those who are dying to die at home rather than all alone in a hostile environment

And one question that needs to be addressed medically and that is getting oxygen and CPAP into the homes of those who have capable family members.

trixx

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:40 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Waiting for fb to remove the video or declare that it's not backed by scientists or some nonsense.

Already removed

amother
Mint  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 6:16 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
The few times that I've been in a hospital in Israel, I never got food. I'm hypoglycemic, and I told everyone that, and even tried to give them money to at least get me a granola bar from the vending machine. No one could be bothered.

I saw many other people who had extended family bringing them hot, delicious smelling food, and I felt even more alone. I had no one to bring me food, and didn't even know how to reach someone who could. I was too out of it to every try and call someone.

Now I have a "hospital bag" that I keep by the door. I have a bath robe (because you only get one thin blanket), fuzzy socks, a few days worth of my medication (because they always seem to forget, and can take forever to get it from the pharmacy), a list of my medical conditions in English and Hebrew, and FOOD. Shelf stable things like a can of supplement, granola bars, crackers, etc.

When you are not really able to advocate for yourself, and you are without any outside support, you have to be prepared in advance. You can't take anything for granted, and you certainly cannot count on the hospitals to be there for you.

And this is on a GOOD day, when there was no Corona going around, and it was just business as usual. When people ask me "Oh, you got the virus - why didn't you go to the hospital?" this is why.

I wonder how many people are dying at home, because they are afraid to go to the hospital and be ignored for hours, or even days on end?

This is so sad, FF, especially since so many people on imamother love you.
Are there no organizations which can bring you warm, nutritious food?
In many NY hospitals, there are organizations which provide volunteers to do just this.
There are also local organizations who send to their community members, as well as visitors. My mother used to volunteer for our local organization and she's often spend the night with women during their hospital stay. (Often it was people with extended families who had just exhausted their resources.)

amother
Wheat  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 6:25 am
I was hospitalized in Israel once for a DNC and 5 times for giving birth (4 different hospitals in total).
My child was hospitalized overnight once and DH stayed with her.

An elderly relative was hospitalized for a few weeks and we took turns staying with her.

Another relative's baby had heart surgery and I took a shift with her.

We were always given food at meal times and they actually made sure the patient ate. When I didn't come to the dining room for lunch after giving birth, they came to check up on me and I showed them that my friend had brought me a bagel and tuna so I was eating that.

They just can't bring food when it's not meal time as they don't have any food to bring. Once when I was starving right after birth and I had just missed breakfast and it wasn't lunch time yet, a nurse went looking for a leftover packaged meal and she brought it to me.

Besides for the hospital food, in the non-badatz hospitals, Ezer Mitziyon comes around with packaged Badatz meals for patients and their family members.

I've never heard of anyone not being given food in Israeli hospitals.

amother
  Maroon  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:36 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I was hospitalized in Israel once for a DNC and 5 times for giving birth (4 different hospitals in total).
My child was hospitalized overnight once and DH stayed with her.

An elderly relative was hospitalized for a few weeks and we took turns staying with her.

Another relative's baby had heart surgery and I took a shift with her.

We were always given food at meal times and they actually made sure the patient ate. When I didn't come to the dining room for lunch after giving birth, they came to check up on me and I showed them that my friend had brought me a bagel and tuna so I was eating that.

They just can't bring food when it's not meal time as they don't have any food to bring. Once when I was starving right after birth and I had just missed breakfast and it wasn't lunch time yet, a nurse went looking for a leftover packaged meal and she brought it to me.

Besides for the hospital food, in the non-badatz hospitals, Ezer Mitziyon comes around with packaged Badatz meals for patients and their family members.

I've never heard of anyone not being given food in Israeli hospitals.

This is what's confusing to me. Another poster here says that when she's in a hospital in Israel she NEVER gets food. You have been in multiple hospitals in Israel and have had the exact opposite experience every time.

Something is strange.

FranticFrummie  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:48 am
Here's the thing. There very well may have been meals available, but nobody told me how to get in touch with the people, never mind offered to make the call for me. I told several people that I NEEDED to eat. I wasn't just hungry, I was fainting and my blood pressure was falling through the floor. I was getting more and more confused, and could barely put two words together.

Those meals could have (and probably were) RIGHT THERE, but I had no access.

It makes me wonder, though. I saw so many families, from many different cultures, bringing in food. It could be that everyone had different religious standards, it could be that they just really hated hospital food - or it could be that that was the only way they could get something to eat.

I just don't know. There is probably a logical explanation. What disturbs me is 1. This happened in more than one hospital, and 2. Why did nobody tell me what was going on?

amother
  Wheat

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 9:54 am
In some wards, you go to the dining room and are served food there. They don't bring it to your room. Maybe that was the problem?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 10:00 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
In some wards, you go to the dining room and are served food there. They don't bring it to your room. Maybe that was the problem?

When you're on an IV, under observation, and at a risk for another seizure?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 10:16 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
When you're on an IV, under observation, and at a risk for another seizure?

Once admitted to the hospital- I.e. put in a room, they bring you food three times a day. I've been hospitalized in a few different hospitals in israel and this is always the case. In the ER they dont bring food.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 10:00 pm
hatzalah not taking patients to Miamonides past few weeks!!! Enough said?

I have personally witnessed neglect at Good Sam Hospital and Miamonides (not COVID time)!

At GoodSam patient wasnt changed the entire stay (4 days)

southernbubby

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 6:04 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Once admitted to the hospital- I.e. put in a room, they bring you food three times a day. I've been hospitalized in a few different hospitals in israel and this is always the case. In the ER they dont bring food.

My granddaughter went to the ER a few months ago at Hadassah Eim Kerem and was served a meal in the ER. It consisted of bread, cream cheese, a small cucumber and a chocolate pudding but that is what children eat.

amother
Blonde  

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:13 am
A Colombia ER doctor with no prior mental illness committed suicide.

amother
  Linen  

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:17 am
Chaval should've called rachel schmidt free therapy...
On a serious note, I think personnel working in the er always have a therapist on hand
Working in the er isn't healthy for anyone despite mental health

imasoftov  

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:41 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
A Colombia ER doctor with no prior mental illness committed suicide.

Tragic, but how is it relevant to this thread?

amother
Yellow  

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:47 am
imasoftov wrote:
Tragic, but how is it relevant to this thread?

the Columbia Er doctor could have commited suicide because of some inside story.

She may have spoken up about hospital protocal and was TERRIFIED.

THERE PLENTY OF VOLUNTEERS NURSES PUT UP IN HOTELS WHO SAT FOR WEEKS BUT WERE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK THE NYC HOSPITALS.

imasoftov  

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:50 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
the Columbia Er doctor could have commited suicide because of some inside story.

THERE PLENTY OF VOLUNTEERS NURSES PUT UP IN HOTELS WHO SAT FOR WEEKS BUT WERE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK THE NYC HOSPITALS.

But did she?

Is your last sentence related to her suicide or is it a different claim?

amother
  Yellow  

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 8:04 am
imasoftov wrote:
But did she?

Is your last sentence related to her suicide or is it a different claim?

All I am saying is that there may have been an inside story to her suicide.

the last sentence is simple one dot in the connect the dots of the covid19 NYS.

amother
  Maroon  

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 8:07 am

Can we stick to the facts please? Why are you speculating that she might have committed suicide because she "may have spoken up about hospital protocol and was terrified"? More likely she was traumatized by the sheer death she was exposed to everyday, but who knows? Why are you dramatizing? Hyping up speculation to stir up drama is wrong.

I'm one of those people who didn't believe what what going on in NYC hospitals. Now I do believe it. Part of the reason I didn't originally believe it was because instead of corroborating dozens of similar stories, where so many families are making the same claim, an op decided to post a note from a supposed patient who was being starved to death. The note said that people should be aware that he didn't die of Covid-19, but from neglect and starvation. This note was almost certainly bogus as how could this dying man get a pen and paper, write the note, get out of bed and put it in his pants pocket. For many people including me, once people start making stuff up, I have a hard time believing any of it. It turns out the accusations against the hospitals are true. But exaggerating things can cause harm because then some people won't believe the parts of the story that are true.

imasoftov  

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 8:37 am
All I am saying is that there may have been an inside story to her suicide.

It's also possible that either or both of us has been kidnapped by agents of the Illuminati who are now posting from our accounts. But is there any evidence of that?

amother
  Yellow  

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 1:00 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Can we stick to the facts please? Why are you speculating that she might have committed suicide because she "may have spoken up about hospital protocol and was terrified"? More likely she was traumatized by the sheer death she was exposed to everyday, but who knows? Why are you dramatizing? Hyping up speculation to stir up drama is wrong.

I'm one of those people who didn't believe what what going on in NYC hospitals. Now I do believe it. Part of the reason I didn't originally believe it was because instead of corroborating dozens of similar stories, where so many families are making the same claim, an op decided to post a note from a supposed patient who was being starved to death. The note said that people should be aware that he didn't die of Covid-19, but from neglect and starvation. This note was almost certainly bogus as how could this dying man get a pen and paper, write the note, get out of bed and put it in his pants pocket. For many people including me, once people start making stuff up, I have a hard time believing any of it. It turns out the accusations against the hospitals are true. But exaggerating things can cause harm because then some people won't believe the parts of the story that are true.

having overworked emergency workers when we had nurse volunteers living weeks in nyc hotels waiting (and never called up) to serve those hospitals is wrong.
Having a 1000 bed ship in the harbor never put to normal use is making fun of people and frontline workers to say the least.
It doesnt matter if people believe the gross negligence or not. It matters if people who have the power to do what they have to do about the gross negligence.
Page 6 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics