Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To all those that said it’s not true last week..
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 12  13  14  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:30 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
You can have both
Protect and advocate for patients
Be grateful to staff

Who else but us I’d doing this daily.
Bikur cholim Lakewood:
Today’s menu we delivered... .
20 chicken platters to Cornell Hospital together with SYNC
300 chocolate bars and 200 snacks to Kimball Hospital
300 chocolate bars and 200 snacks to Monmouth Medical Center
300 chocolate bars and 200 bags of snack to RWJ
300 chocolates and 200 bags of snack to Ocean Medical Center
300 chocolates and 200 bags of snacks to JSUMC
#bikurcholimlakewood #bikurcholim #chocolate #snacks #kosherfood #nurses

Why would you even bother posting such things? It’s a waste of time. You know it won’t help. Those that only see the bad in the frum jews won’t see this either. Right now their agenda is to deny that patients are being neglected in hospitals. In a few minutes theres going to be a link of one person that was “arrested” in Lakewood that is doing the same thing as many other people.

simba  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:31 am
dancingqueen wrote:
I just want to caution all of you that it would be REALLY bad optics right now, when all of New York is going out of its way to be very thankful and appreciative of healthcare workers, to make a public outcry against them. It could make all of us look really bad.

We are hated either way, may as well have our loved ones alive.

We appreciate and applaud them but we will not let the neglect and murder go unnoticed. It's just not a fair price to pay.

It's hospital administration and protocols that need to be bombarded with adversity.

Do you have a loved one in a NYC hospital right now? Some of us did. Now they are buried and warm. We know to well. The optics is a bad excuse to allow this to slide.

farm

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:31 am
🤫 Don’t inconvenience is with the facts
(no, you don’t die if your NG tune is out for 24 hours or even 7 days)
(no, you don’t need ‘nourishing appetizing calories to fight off a virus. Any calories will do)
(yes, IV fluids prevent a patient from becoming dehydrated. And the pumps beep when new bags need to be hung. And nurses are prompted to do so, just like their computer prompts them to administer meds that are ‘due’)
Carry on. Let’s start an anti Hospital movement. Let’s sue all of them. Let’s spread the word and warn all yidden that they all have it in for us. And let’s lock any thread if an in imamother healthcare worker claims these stories are extremely hard to take seriously and sound suspiciously like hype, hysteria, and delirium.

crust  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:32 am
simba wrote:
We are hated either way, may as well have our loved ones alive.

We appreciate and applaud them but we will not let the neglect and murder go unnoticed. It's just not a fair price to pay.

It's hospital administration and protocols that need to be bombarded with adversity.

Do you have a loved one in a NYC hospital right now? Some of us did. Now they are buried and warm. We know to well. The optics is a bad excuse to allow this to slide.

Thanks for saying this Simba. It's the truth!

Last edited by crust on Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mustard  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:38 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
You can have both
Protect and advocate for patients
Be grateful to staff

Who else but us I’d doing this daily.
Bikur cholim Lakewood:
Today’s menu we delivered... .
20 chicken platters to Cornell Hospital together with SYNC
300 chocolate bars and 200 snacks to Kimball Hospital
300 chocolate bars and 200 snacks to Monmouth Medical Center
300 chocolate bars and 200 bags of snack to RWJ
300 chocolates and 200 bags of snack to Ocean Medical Center
300 chocolates and 200 bags of snacks to JSUMC
#bikurcholimlakewood #bikurcholim #chocolate #snacks #kosherfood #nurses

The horror stories we hear about are from hospitals in NYC. I haven't heard any from around Lakewood but maybe I know the wrong people.

I wonder if the Lakewood Jewish patients in Jersey Shore, Kimball, and Monmouth are treated better because of all the daily showering of gifts by Bikkur Cholim of Lakewood.

flowerpower  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:40 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
The horror stories we hear about are from hospitals in NYC. I haven't heard any from around Lakewood but maybe I know the wrong people.

I wonder if the Lakewood Jewish patients in Jersey Shore, Kimball, and Monmouth are treated better because of all the daily showering of gifts by Bikkur Cholim of Lakewood.

There are many volunteers that deliver food to NYC hospital works as well. That is not the answer. Try again.

amother
  Blush

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:40 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

I told a story earlier about a cancer patient die after quarantine that was in a nj hospital.
Drs are reporting horror stories in jersey hospitals to rabbanim. They cannot be named because scared will lose jobs. They tried getting an advocate in kimball because of the stories coming out but I don’t know if it happened.

Ny hospitals are also having food delivered.

amother
  Mustard

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:42 am
farm wrote:
(no, you don’t need ‘nourishing appetizing calories to fight off a virus. Any calories will do)
(yes, IV fluids prevent a patient from becoming dehydrated. And the pumps beep when new bags need to be hung. And nurses are prompted to do so, just like their computer prompts them to administer meds that are ‘due’)
Carry on. Let’s start an anti Hospital movement. Let’s sue all of them. Let’s spread the word and warn all yidden that they all have it in for us. And let’s lock any thread if an in imamother healthcare worker claims these stories are extremely hard to take seriously and sound suspiciously like hype, hysteria, and delirium.

Haha. In the months I spent with a family member in a prominent NYC hospital, the machines beeped for hours until I learned to hit the shut up button because the nurses were sitting on their hineys and chatting about nonsense.

The rest of your post is gibberish.

amother
  Periwinkle  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:43 am
To be fair, I do not know how patients were treated in Orange Regional, so I will not comment on that.

However, a group of young men from KJ got together and sent care packages to the hospital staff which was very well accepted. The hospital administration,on the contrary, for reasons we don't know,forbade it. So the next time, they sent it through a back door where the staff secretly picked it up. The third time, the staff was afraid of an admin backlash and were afraid to touch it. As per the man whodid the deliveries, it is still there untouched 3 weeks later. You are invited to go check it out yourself.

flowerpower  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:49 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
To be fair, I do not know how patients were treated in Orange Regional, so I will not comment on that.

However, a group of young men from KJ got together and sent care packages to the hospital staff which was very well accepted. The hospital administration,on the contrary, for reasons we don't know,forbade it. So the next time, they sent it through a back door where the staff secretly picked it up. The third time, the staff was afraid of an admin backlash and were afraid to touch it. As per the man whodid the deliveries, it is still there untouched 3 weeks later. You are invited to go check it out yourself.

Wait and see..some posters will find some fault in the KJ volunteers that spent time and money to show their appreciation.

simba  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:50 am
farm wrote:

Your right. Let's sit back and watch our weak and sick be neglected and abused. Sorry for thinking otherwise. My bad.

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:55 am
simba wrote:
Your right. Let's sit back and watch our weak and sick be neglected and abused. Sorry for thinking otherwise. My bad.

Unless you are the dead neglected starved patient yourself I won’t believe that it’s actually happening. Sorry. (Sarcasm alert).

simba

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unless you are the dead neglected starved patient yourself I won’t believe that it’s actually happening. Sorry. (Sarcasm alert).

No. I totally understand. Makes total sense.

If someone wants first hand accounts please post here and I will arrange it.

forgetit  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 1:23 am
dancingqueen wrote:
I just want to caution all of you that it would be REALLY bad optics right now, when all of New York is going out of its way to be very thankful and appreciative of healthcare workers, to make a public outcry against them. It could make all of us look really bad.

I don't see a public outcry and this burning issues is still ongoing.
Maybe a public outcry would be a better way of doing things.
If you know anyone in real estate, ask them what a public outcry did in Albany to landlords last summer.
In any event, this thread was started due to a non-jewish facebook poster, so when you say 'us' and I'm assuming you mean frum Jews, no worries. Non-Jews are waking up as well.
I think its just that frum Jews may have been aware of this issue for longer, because we're a pretty cohesive community, and we realized sooner that its not just isolated incidents. Hatzalah members told this when responding to calls, and I don't believe other first responders necessarily did so.

Sunny Days  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 1:37 am
farm wrote:

Farm, take yourself out of the picture and read this objectively.
...and all of the above make no easy recovery, even if it doesn’t “kill you”.
Nurses are prompted to do. I know. My daughter was prompted to pack her toys away. Y’know. Come, you’ll still find it on the floor together with the beeping fluids because the iv kinked 5 hrs ago. And then again and again. Then the volume was lowered so now he’s getting so little fluids-
I’ll continue soon. My battery is at 1% (and that’s probably what these patients feel like till they can’t anymore- like a depleted battery...)

forgetit

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 1:45 am
simba wrote:
No. I totally understand. Makes total sense.

If someone wants first hand accounts please post here and I will arrange it.

Sounds spooky. Count me out. Hiding

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 2:10 am
There must be something we can do!!!! of course besides davening.
Ideas please? Can I assume that those with a liaison to hospitals are aware and trying to help??

What happened to those with a background in the medical field who were ready to volunteer services and be trained in if needed??

groovy1224

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 2:54 am
One thing she mentioned that I'm starting to hear a lot of, is that medical staff are intubating patients who might actually fare better on less invasive ventilation techniques, such as C-PAP. They are doing this because those less invasive techniques are not closed systems and they are afraid to expose themselves. But data is emerging that intubation may be doing more harm than good, as it is causing long term damage, and the lungs are not responding to such high pressure oxygenation anyway. And that if done correctly, and if the staff is wearing PPE, the risk of transmission is minimal during NIV.

Obviously, the question is how 'minimal' is acceptable? We need to consider the safety of our healthcare workers, there is no question. But on the flip side, what if patients are dying *because* they are being intubated? And what if other patients who need to be intubated are dying because someone else who didn't really need the ventilator is using it?

The scary part here is the lack of accountibility, as many people already don't have high hopes that their loved ones will recover once they've been put on a vent. So the "how did this happen?" questions don't come. And that is a very dangerous system. Patients are alone, weak, and scared, and don't know any better. There is no one to watch, no one to advocate for them. No one to say hey- what other options are there. Families are calling for updates and getting no answers until it's too late.

No one wants to sound ungrateful for the superhuman sacrifices doctors and nurses are making right now, so people with something to say might keep their mouths shut. But I fear the things we will find out we should have done differently when this is behind us. I'm not saying if I were a doctor or nurse I'd be doing it any better. I just think these things need to be talked about without being shut down because it's bad press or because it's uncomfortable.

Here's a link to one article I've read about this recently, but there are plenty more

https://www.thelancet.com/jour.....-2600(20)30181-8/fulltext

amother
  Burlywood  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 3:14 am
Or in plain and simple English, the fear of catching the virus among hospital staff is preventing them from providing ideal, or even acceptable, levels of care.

They are right, it's a real concern. But caring about hospital staff shouldn't mean we can't care about patients too.

FranticFrummie  

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:18 am
The few times that I've been in a hospital in Israel, I never got food. I'm hypoglycemic, and I told everyone that, and even tried to give them money to at least get me a granola bar from the vending machine. No one could be bothered.

I saw many other people who had extended family bringing them hot, delicious smelling food, and I felt even more alone. I had no one to bring me food, and didn't even know how to reach someone who could. I was too out of it to every try and call someone.

Now I have a "hospital bag" that I keep by the door. I have a bath robe (because you only get one thin blanket), fuzzy socks, a few days worth of my medication (because they always seem to forget, and can take forever to get it from the pharmacy), a list of my medical conditions in English and Hebrew, and FOOD. Shelf stable things like a can of supplement, granola bars, crackers, etc.

When you are not really able to advocate for yourself, and you are without any outside support, you have to be prepared in advance. You can't take anything for granted, and you certainly cannot count on the hospitals to be there for you.

And this is on a GOOD day, when there was no Corona going around, and it was just business as usual. When people ask me "Oh, you got the virus - why didn't you go to the hospital?" this is why.

I wonder how many people are dying at home, because they are afraid to go to the hospital and be ignored for hours, or even days on end?
Page 5 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics