Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood Girls Schools
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
  Navy  

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 10:12 am
I really know very little about the schools. Cyan would you be able to tell me what makes all those schools different? I was told they are a similar type. If you have any other info I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much!!

amother
  Mauve  

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 11:16 am
If nachlas Bais Yaakov is perlsteins second school which I think it is then it's not a good scholl

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 12:19 pm
Nachlas opened this year by Rabbi Robinson from Camp Chaveirim. It is run by Mrs. Smith. It has nothing to do with Perlstein.

Chayalle  

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 12:23 pm
amother wrote:
If nachlas Bais Yaakov is perlsteins second school which I think it is then it's not a good scholl

AFAIK Perlstein's schools are Shiras Chaim and Moreshes BY.

I have a cousin who sends to Shiras Chaim. She's very happy there. She is very yeshivish, and I get the feeling that that is the crowd in Shiras Chaim. I think Moreshes was supposed to be regular, not super-yeshivish.

bronco fan  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 9:07 am
Can someone list the girls schools in academic order?

Chayalle  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 9:17 am
bronco fan wrote:
Can someone list the girls schools in academic order?

That would be almost impossible.

However, for a start I would say:

Bnos Yaakov has a reputation for being very academic. Bnos Esther Malka is patterned on that program, so while it's still new, it is also considered to be highly academic.

Bais Tova is also very academic in certain areas.

Bais Faiga is more chilled in the younger grades, and they speed up in the older grades. They do have a very solid program and the students come to high school well-prepared.

Bnos Devorah is supposed to be following Bais Faiga's curriculum to some extent.

Tiferes Bais Yaakov is a bit behind Bais Faiga.

Tehillas Chaya Sarah and Ateres Tzipora are not as academic.

I don't know much about other newer schools.

amother
  Mauve  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 9:34 am
Bais Tova has a top academic program and also has an unbelievable extra curricular program where the girls learn a lot but at the same time they learn in a fun way as if they are in camp. Hands down they spend the most on extra curriculars and on projects and fun things.

It's great for a girl who has a hard time learning to learn in a fun way.

bronco fan  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 9:56 am
I am getting mixed reviews about Bnos Bracha...does anyone have first hand information about their academics?

amother
  Mauve  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 10:01 am
I have two friends who left bnos Bracha because they were very very unhappy with the academics.

My other friend who is there is okay with not so much academics. They stress more midos and Ivrit. Kids will really learn Ivrit.

They are also very into tznius and tznius of a mother.

amother
  Denim  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 11:12 am
amother wrote:

Perlstein's second school is Moreshes Bais Yaakov.

Nachlas Bais Yaakov is an excellent school. It's run by Rabbi Robinson from camp Chaveirim. The principal is Mrs. Smith. My daughter is very happy there.

bronco fan

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
I have two friends who left bnos Bracha because they were very very unhappy with the academics.

My other friend who is there is okay with not so much academics. They stress more midos and Ivrit. Kids will really learn Ivrit.

They are also very into tznius and tznius of a mother.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Chayalle  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 1:36 pm
bronco fan wrote:
Has anyone had similar experiences?

My daughter's close friend's mother teaches in Bais Faiga, and I remember her telling me she was tutoring a girl who had switched from Bnos Bracha to Bais Faiga, because of a gap in academics.

Chayalle  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
Bais Tova has a top academic program and also has an unbelievable extra curricular program where the girls learn a lot but at the same time they learn in a fun way as if they are in camp. Hands down they spend the most on extra curriculars and on projects and fun things.

It's great for a girl who has a hard time learning to learn in a fun way.
Someone I know who used to teach in Bais Tova told me that Bais Tova is a student's dream and a teacher's nightmare. They really hold the teachers accountable for every single student. They really look out for them, keep tabs on their progress, etc....So it's a busy job.

amother
Wheat  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 2:21 pm
I've heard Bnos Bracha isn't so academic.

I've heard similar to what Chayalle wrote about Bais Tovah regarding Bnos Yaakov. that teachers are very accountable. I spoke to a former teacher there and she said the its hard to work there. They expect a lot from their students but even more so from the teachers.

I've heard from an old time teacher in a high school that she feels the Bais Faiga students come prepared amazingly for high school. With some of the newer schools it is harder to know because they haven't had that many or any graduating classes to know.

Personally, my daughter is in a school that isn't considered tops academically but I'm thrilled with her education and focus on what their are learning. (She isn't close to high school yet, but its an older established school so they know what they are doing.)

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 5:27 pm
What makes a school not a good school?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 5:49 pm
Funny question. Someone told me that it makes a difference if you call up to have an application mailed to you, or if you personally show up to the school to get one. They applied to schools about 5 years ago, so I'm wondering if that is still true.

amother
  Mauve  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 5:52 pm
There are many reasons why a school won't be a good school.

1. Administration is unorganized and can't get their act together.
2. Principal is horrible or is not a mechanech.
3. Parent body is terrible.
4. Parents hate school so the whole atmospere in the school is negativity and it filters down to the children.

Perlsteins second school he opened up so the vaad can't bother him to force him to take a parent he doesn't want into his first school so any parent he doesn't want he puts into his second school. I don't know why the vaad lets him get away with it. But when you open a school with the intention of it not being good it will never be good because you won't spend money on it, won't hire better teachers or a better principal and you don't care if parents aren't happy because your intention was never to please the parents anyways.

amother
  Cerise  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 6:12 pm
I'm wondering is it hard to get Into chassidisha schools too? Like bnos bina?

balibusta  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 7:52 pm
bais rivka rochel has 5 classes whoever said 4 and bnos devorah 4

amother
Royalblue  

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 8:06 pm
A few points/ corrections I wanna make. *Bnos Devorah is following Bnos Yaakovs (Mrs. Twerskys) curriculum.
* From the few people I know that send to Moreshes BY (perlstiens second school), I can tell you that they are ALL happy with the chinuch and the teachers. Though it may not have that yeshivish 'name', this is what they want. I would say that parents are more 'with it' type.
* To answer poster about chassidish schools, it is very hard to get into bnos bina. (Like ppl that send there are not on Imamother!) Do you drive? All the ppl that go with hats on wigs send there.(its considered the most chassidish not counting the newer schools that have one grade) Are you that type?
*My friend sends to Nachlas BY. She is beyond thrilled and amazed at their organization and professionalism. (She also said their level of learning is high.)
Good luck!
Page 5 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics