Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Preschool Play Therapist in Bklyn?

amother  

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 4:46 pm
any suggestions out there for a play therapist for 4 y.o. ds-highly intelligent and verbal with fear/anxiety, some sensory issues-in bklyn? have board of ed mandate and ive been searching but have had no success finding anyone appropriate. he is the perfect play therapy candidate and does receive other therapy (OT) so feels no stigma. im going through a divorce and hes the oldest of 3 KA"H so he has a lot on his plate (sigh). any names/numbers and why you like them? TIA...

MaBelleVie  

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 5:04 pm
Can you PM me? I know someone great, but she's away for the summer.

amother  

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 5:23 pm
thanks so much. youre sure she takes board of ed, though?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 5:57 pm
Oh sorry, I know she does evals for the bd of ed but I don't think she treats through them.

amother  

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 6:36 pm
no problem, thanks. anyone else out there??? have this mandate for while already just dont have the therapist to fill it!

avimom

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 9:10 am
Bump. Did you find a therapist? I've been looking for someone also... (for a student :-))

amother  

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 7:16 pm
Have you found anyone? The description of your son totally could have been about my ds. I also have a mandate and after three failed attempts, I am now paying out of pocket. It's very hard, but... As of now, my ds only had two sessions, but so far so good.

amother  

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 7:41 pm
Aliza Horowitz
718-730-3850

amother  

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 7:43 pm
amother wrote:
Aliza Horowitz
718-730-3850

Do you have experience with her? Where is she located?

amother  

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 7:48 pm
Original OP here. Still searching...So thank you for the shout out. Can you give me some info about her and are you sure she take DOE mandates/has hours available etc...?! Greatly, greatly appreciated!!!

amother  

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:05 pm
OP again...and which agenbcy she works for? Thanks.

amother  

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 9:07 pm
I don't have all that info - that's why I gave you her phone number. Be proactive - call her.
I do know people who have used her and found her excellent.

amother  

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 9:23 pm
Dear amother who took the time to give therapist's name: Of course I assumed you knew her, seeing as you gave the name/number. I am also certain that you did not intentionally come across harsh. A bit of perspective then-the reason I am asking is that it is difficult and inadvisable to give a complete stranger your name and private info only to find she is not one who can help you. I am quite sure you can understand and probably just did not think through the whole picture. Thank you for the suggestion, though. If any other imamothers have heard the name, can you please post this basic info: agency/if she does CPSE/takes DOE mandates. TIA.

amother  

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 9:31 pm
amother wrote:
Dear amother who took the time to give therapist's name: Of course I assumed you knew her, seeing as you gave the name/number. I am also certain that you did not intentionally come across harsh. A bit of perspective then-the reason I am asking is that it is difficult and inadvisable to give a complete stranger your name and private info only to find she is not one who can help you. I am quite sure you can understand and probably just did not think through the whole picture. Thank you for the suggestion, though. If any other imamothers have heard the name, can you please post this basic info: agency/if she does CPSE/takes DOE mandates. TIA.

Seriously? It is kind of obnoxious to ask other people to do all the work for you.
You do not need to give her any info. Just call and ask which agency she works for and if she does CPSE. Why is that so hard? No wonder you haven't filled the mandate yet if you won't make basic phone calls. Don't you know that therapy is most helpful when the kids are young? Why are you wasting time?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 9:54 pm
I am not sure why you are feeling so heated about this. This is a site where people SHARE info (you might be new here). If someone does have the answers I am sure they would be happy to give them over. Why would you be needing to respond anymore especially as amother? If these are opinions you want to express, and they are supposedly not personal to you, then why hide? I assume that you needed to vent for whatever reason unrealted to this and here I was-an anonymous place to let off steam. I do not take it personally. After all, you are not one dealing with this life situation, this was not supposed to be a controvertial topic. You were supposed to be an impartial listener and if possible-responder. Again, thank you and much luck with all your own situations.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)