Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Preschool Songs
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 11  12  13  Next

abmom  

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 2:11 pm
Thanks! Love it!

Chanala1  

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 9:23 pm
I want to thank everyone so much for posting in this column, I've been taking alot of ideas!

what are you doing for Tu bishvat? I plan on making a fruit salad but what arts and crafts? (I made a hat for rosh chodesh so I don't want to do that)

TIA!

abmom  

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 9:28 pm
I made last year a tree necklace w/ different fruits glued on. This year I have boys too. Is it okay to send home a necklace project for a 3 year old boy? Has anyone done this?

imasinger  

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 11:00 pm
My boys have come home at age 3 with necklaces, so I think it's fine, but you might want to check with some of the parents.

abmom  

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 11:07 pm
My students' parents don't care. They don't even see what their kids bring home. Everything stays in their briefcase till I send home a food project (ie popcorn for hadama etc...) I do everything only for the kids and the one mother that does care.

imasinger  

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 11:24 pm
Then go for it!

Here is a Tu B'shevat song that I just learned this year:
(tto "Itsy Bitsy Spider")

I have a little zera I planted in the ground
Down came the geshem and wet it all around
Out came the shemesh and now we celebrate
Cause the zera grew and grew, and grew into an eitz.

Another favorite:

Take a basket and put toy fruits and nuts in it, or find pictures instead.

A tree (hands up) gave me (point to self) on Tu B'shevat (clap 3x)
A special treat (pretend to eat) that I like a lot (rub tummy)
Was it a fruit (hold out one hand) or was it a nut (other hand)?
A tree gave me a ______ (child reaches into covered basket and pulls out one thing).

There is an old Israeli song, "Atzei Zeitim Omdim". I tell the kids that when we sing those words, they have to be trees, and when we do the "la la" part, they will be olives -- they make their arms into a circle, crouch down low, and run around. Then when we go back to the tree part, they have to quckly stand up and put out their branches.

And of course, there is "hashkeidia porachat" in Hebrew or in English.

abmom  

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:09 pm
What can I do w/ my kids for shehakol? I was thinking of making chocolate mold lollies but it would be too big of a shlep to get a burner to melt the chocolate and the kids won't really do anything on thier own. Any ideas what I can do that the kids get to do something on thier own? Something edible. TIA!

Chayalle  

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:17 pm
Taffy flowers? You flatten the taffies and roll them up like a rose, and put them on a tooth pick.

Gum drops on toothpicks, stuck into styrofoam, is a cute garden.

Or just make Koolaid.

abmom  

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:39 pm
Cute! I should've done the flower w/ fruit leather today and let it be for tu b'shvat too... Oh well...

abmom  

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 4:23 pm
Can anyone post the words of little torah little torah let me hold you tight... I only know till there.

small bean  

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 4:25 pm
little torah, little torah
let me hold you tight
teach me, teach me
all the mitzvos, that I may do right
torah teaches every jew
torah, torah, I love you.

abmom  

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 4:29 pm
Thanks!

Chanala1  

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 12:02 pm
what r u teaching about in this weeks parshah?
what project r u doing?
what song r u singing?

(2-2 1/2 yr. olds)

TIA!!

abmom  

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 12:13 pm
Chanala1 wrote:
what r u teaching about in this weeks parshah?
what project r u doing?
what song r u singing?

(2-2 1/2 yr. olds)

TIA!!
I have the same Q. Was just gonna come ask.

abmom  

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 1:07 am
Okay. So this week I'll do kibbud av v'eim and I'll tell them the story of Dama Ben Nesina. Any ideas for a cute a&c on this?
I'm also planning to teach basar v'chalav. I'll make small signs to put near milk & meat sinks. Any songs for that?

abmom  

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 1:10 am
Oh. And I also wanna start teaching purim! I'll need every one of your purim songs! Thanks for all your help till now! I wouldn't have managed w/out you! I think a song adds so much!

Shopmiami49  

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 2:32 am
abmom wrote:
Okay. So this week I'll do kibbud av v'eim and I'll tell them the story of Dama Ben Nesina. Any ideas for a cute a&c on this?
I'm also planning to teach basar v'chalav. I'll make small signs to put near milk & meat sinks. Any songs for that?

I'm doing the same thing lol! For a&c, I am making milchigs and fleishings placemats that have a fork, spoon, knifea nd says the kid's name. In the middle, we will cut out pictures of milchigs and fleishigs things and then laminate each one. We will sing "Uptown, downtown all around the town..."

For Kibud av v'aim, I saw a cute idea of makign a crown for each of the parents place at the table, but I don't think that is so practical...I have to think about it. I am looking for a "listening to parents" song, though. Any ideas?

8mom

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 2:40 am
I know it's a bit late for last week but we made a sign that we laminated to hang on the daddy's chair that says no kinderlach allowed - tatty's chair. Punched holes in the top and put ribbon through. It's from chinuch.org. Placemats are a good idea for this week. We are making a big clown with balloons showing the 4 mitzvos of purim to hang on the wall. We're getting an early start on Purim and the plan is to teach Purim this week and next week and then start on Pesach!!

Shopmiami49  

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 2:44 am
Ok, so I have a song Smile
I made it up.

TTTO If you are happy and you know if clap your hands

When Mommy says stop, stop right away,
When Abba says come, don't delay!
Kibud av vaeim is a mitzvah we must do.
Listen to your parents and they'll be so proud of you!

I probably will end up doing the crowns, but I am not so crazy about it, since we just did crwons for naaseh vnishmah. Any other creative ideas?

abmom  

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 3:13 am
I'd love to make an A&C about Dama Ben Nesina. s/t the kids will be able to act out the story with.
Page 7 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers