Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel
1  2  Next

chabadnick

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 6:12 pm
should I buy a new sheitel and pay off slowly as I am currently broke! or should I spend $200.00 to fix a damaged sheitel that is 6.5 years old??

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 6:15 pm
I'd say new, but make shure it;s a good one!

proudmom

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 6:18 pm
are you planning to buy a custom, semi custom, or a human sheitel?

chabadnick

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 6:27 pm
a custom'

from allegria

proudmom

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 6:32 pm
I think it is better off to buy one. and pay it off slowly.

Sunshine

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 6:33 pm
I would say get a new one. All the $ that you will keep on having to put into fixing the old one up can go towards the new one which will last much longer and look nicer. How long can those human shaitels last for anyways? 6.5 years sounds like a lot unless you don't wear it everday.

chabadnick

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 7:55 pm
im not saying names....but in my kallah stage...I bought a dirty blond custom for 1600.00US. then after about 1 month, it was completly tangled. I sent it to the sheitel macher who sent it to russia to be fixed - again it happened a year later and they told me its after the first year. I cant afoord a new sheitlel after putting so much money into the first

happyduck

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 1:10 am
I have a custom from Allegria. I love it. It is 4 years old, gets wear 4 times a week or so and still looks great. I also have cheepies (under $100 from fashion ig stores). They give me a year to a year and half. After the first wash they never look quite as good, but are great for times when you just need a change.

leahj

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 7:18 pm
How do you get a custom wig from Allgeria - do you have to go to a sheitel macher or do you order from a catalog or online?

Yael

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 10:03 pm
get a semi custom instead of a custom. the only difference is that its not made to your head but unless you have a funny shaped head that shouldnt be a big deal. and the quality of the hair is the same.
I got one from yaffa for 350 US and it fits great, looks great and is still in great condition, its been 2 years and counting....
I wouldnt spend so much when you can get almost the same for a quarter of the price. think about it!! you could get 4 sheitels for the same price. say your custom will last for 10 years, 4 semi cutom sheitels one after the other will definitly outlast that. and that way you arent taking a chance that your custom will not fit right or get ruined like your first did.

happyduck

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 12:27 am
lisaj wrote:
How do you get a custom wig from Allgeria - do you have to go to a sheitel macher or do you order from a catalog or online?

No idea. I just went ot allegria Smile

curlyhead

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 2:07 am
what is the averge life of a sheitel?
my sheitel is almost 3 years old and basically finished.

zuncompany

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 2:58 am
I think it depends on the quality.

I also had a yaffa that I was told was a custom. They took samples of my hair, measurements, etc... well guess what I paid a lot for nothing! I went to get it washed before pesach and was informed not only was it not a custom, but it was a piece of garbage and not the quality hair I paid for. I was destroyed! My grandmother had left me the money for my first shaytel in her will (she was not frum but it meant a lot for her to do that for me)! After only a year and a half it was falling apart.

My new shaytel rocks! Its hand done, and good quality hair. It was not custom made for me, but you would never know it. Plus I paid a whole lot less for it! I enjoy wearing it and feel good in it. (Its a CK wig by the way) I heard they last a long time too. When I bought mine she was wearing one that looked to die for and she said it was like 10 years old.

sara

queen

Post Thu, Mar 24 2005, 8:57 pm
I got an azatchi shaitel before I got married and am SOOO happy with it. I recommend it to anyone who can afford $1500-$2500 bec. it's unreal. when ever I have a shaitel macher wash it they are amazed by it. besides all the comments I get when I wear it.

I hardly have to wash it bec. the hair is good and lasts. (unlike my other shaitel from another shaitel maker that needs to be washed every two months, which was also bought at the same time but from someone else)

I already told my husband that when the time comes for a new shaitel it doesn't pay to get anything BUT an azatchi. the fits perfect and it's soooo comfortable.

mrs. shani azatchi lives in deal, NJ. her number is: 732-870-0405.
I am not related to her, have nothing to her other than a lot of hakaras hatov for making me such a beautiful shaitel for my wedding several months back.

she's also very pleasant to deal with.
good luck if you're in process of buying a new shaitel, it's a big expense, but hopefully you are happy and will get many years of enjoyment from the outcome.

remember, your hair is your crown, and it's important to look beautiful. both for your husband and also bec. you represent the jewish nation.

raizy

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 9:28 pm
ooh please you hair is your crown......

most of us good jewish women that we are go around in our snoods.who need a good sheitel anyways . except for simchas and shabbos..???

I rather invest in a nice looking snood then a sheitel... and it is allot cheaper anyways. thank god that on my block all the lady wear a snood.

believe me my hubby has no clue when it comes to sheitels. I can put on a cheap sheitel and he will tell me it looks nicer then my expensive sheitel. so who are we trying to please . the street or the hubby....

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 6:19 am
I can't believe the prices people are paying for wigs... Rolling Eyes I'm shocked and speechless...

imaamy

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 8:59 am
I wouldn't think the prices are that high except it seems like 1-2 years isn't so long to use it. Seems they should last longer. Synthetics to me look awful but at least they last. However, a synthetic that looks like 1970s style isn't too great either!

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 10:34 am
Quote:
I wouldn't think the prices are that high

what!!!!????!!! shock $1500-$2500 isn't high? shock

sarahd

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 1:33 pm
Well, others are paying $25, so it averages out pretty well....

Tefila

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 2:22 pm
Quote:
believe me my hubby has no clue when it comes to sheitels. I can put on a cheap sheitel and he will tell me it looks nicer then my expensive sheitel. .

Lol my husband is the same Very Happy
and
Quote:
so who are we trying to please . the street or the hubby...

Wow even I didn't have the guts to say that soooo bluntly Tongue Out Tongue Out
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels