Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken layered w/ Pastrami and Mashed Potatoes
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 9:11 pm
I cut the chicken into pieces, layer them in a pan with sauteed onions, and then I mix mayo in (make sure it completely covers all the pieces), and then sprinkle breadcrumbs all over.

Put it into the oven till the chicken is completely cooked (uncovered), and then take it out and put duck sauce on top. Layer cut up pieces of pastrami over that, and top it off with a layer of mashed potatoes.

Put back in the oven for another 30 minutes or so.

cindy324

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 9:11 pm
delete

cindy324

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 9:15 pm
I s that a whole other recipe??

happy2beme

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 12:58 pm
I've been meaning to post on this thread for awhile. Defy, I made some changes Smile I didn't have pastrami in the house so instead I put corn in it the last few times. yum yum yum

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 1:03 pm
cindy324 wrote:
I s that a whole other recipe??

The recipe at the beginning of the thread was written up after the first time I made it. The other directions above are modifications I've made since then.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 1:07 pm
defy gravity, you're awesome! who are you? where are you from? how old are you? what do you do? any kids?

gryp

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 1:29 pm
what kind of post is that, amother?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 1:37 pm
I guess it's some questions.

cindy324

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 2:27 pm
Quote:
defy gravity, you're awesome! who are you? where are you from? how old are you? what do you do? any kids?

You forgot to ask her SS#, her DOB, and her LMP Rolling Eyes

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 2:41 pm
LMP?

cindy324

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 3:55 pm
Last Menstrual Period

cindy324

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 6:01 pm
OK, I made it. And.........IT IS DELICIOUS!!!!!!

I gotta tell ya, I though it sounded like a weird concoction, but it is simply awesome. DH didn't come home yet, so he's the real test, 'cause he's so picky, but I think he's going to like it.

I didn't put fried onions on the chicken , rather I mixed them into the mashed potatoes, that I made from scratch, NOT from the box. Also, I tried to use very little of the oil that I fried the onions in for the mashed potatoes, so to make it more creamier, I used some non-dairy creamer. Also, some of you mentioned that you had to pour off some liquid mid- baking, so I went easy on the duck sauce(I used the hot n' spicy one, YUM) to begin with. I spooned some over the chicken and shmeared it in a thin layer. Had no liquid to pour off whatsoever.

Thanks Defy!

yoyosma

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 6:12 pm
If this recipe is getting so many raves, maybe I should try it! My question is about the pastrami, you just buy a regular package from the butcher? How much should I layer?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 6:17 pm
thanks, Cindy!

cindy324

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 6:39 pm
I only used about 6 slices of pastrami. I made it in a 9x13 pan, the pastrami slices were quite big. I buy usually 10-12 slices at a time at my local take out store. but you can use the packaged ones that are sold in the grocery. Just use enough to cover the whole pan.

yoyosma

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 6:42 pm
Thank you Cindy!

cindy324

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 10:51 pm
Ok, it's me again with my spirit broken LOL

DH was none too thrilled with it, although I gave him such an evil eye when I put it in front of him and he said : "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT??? that he sort of pretended to like it, but I knew he didn't, but I sat with him the whole time, so he kinda felt obligated to finish it. Twisted Evil Then he claimed I put too much on his plate, he can't possibly finish it all...yeah, right.

Anyways, I am tired of making the same garbage over and over again for supper. I told him it's time to explore new horizons, and I will be making a new thing every day for the next couple of weeks, so better get used to it. Then, I could've sworn he got this look of sheer terror on his face...I can't imagine why... Question

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 10:38 am
Cindy, keep us informed!

anon

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 10:57 am
Haha Cindy! As someone once said in chat "A wife who experiments in the kitchen requires a very forgiving family!"

cindy324

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 2:03 pm
It's not that I even experiment much. It's that DH will frown upon anything that is even remotely gourmet -ish. His mom has made Crispy Bake (you know , brown box, made by Kemach, comes with the shaker bag )chicken for every Friday night for the last 20 years, or maybe even longer. He hates fancy restaurants , unless they have steak and fries. Once , I found this great recipe for Chicken cacciatore. I made it , and the recipe called for fresh rosemary, which look like needles. DH looked at it , picked off the "needles" and said: "Please Do not EVER put this junk on my food again"! Needless to say, my cupboard hasn't seen rosemary since.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey