Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
What's a fair pay, working from home

Mini Cookie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 12:03 am
I'm wondering what's a fair price to pay someone that does some basic computer work (uploads products, processes orders, responds to emails...) for an online business from their home?

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 12:28 am
I got 11 dollars an hour. it's peanuts but since I cxan work in my pj's at any hour of the day...

amother

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 12:31 am
I get $30 per hour but I also go in 2-3 times a week and I've been working there for almost 7 years.

Mini Cookie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 7:28 am
Oookay! $11 or $30?!

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 11:31 pm
I pay my assistant $45 per hour for that type of work but it's on the high end and she's very experienced.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 11:50 pm
Wonder what you do for $30-45 an hour because I pay someone in India $2 an hour to upload and do data entry.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 10:38 am
I get $23 but work part time (and mostly in my pjs). I started at $17.50 (about 2 1/2 years ago), but at that time I only did 1 or 2 things. Now I am much more a part of the business, but I still make my own hrs and do things my own way.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 29 2009, 2:27 pm
How about prof work done from home...like 8 hours a week. Work like accounting or bookkeeping...how much would you ask for?

hello

Post Thu, Oct 29 2009, 2:35 pm
I make $12 just started... hope to go up soon.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 29 2009, 3:08 pm
I'm in Israel and I work from home.
I make $1400+ a month, the work is Monday-Thursday.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 30 2009, 2:53 am
amother wrote:
I'm in Israel and I work from home.
I make $1400+ a month, the work is Monday-Thursday.

I'm this amother, I was just thinking OP, if you outsource to Israel you can pay much much less and it would still be more then an Israeli salary so everyone's happy. Something to think about.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 30 2009, 3:06 am
a new amother here. what do you all do at home that you are able to make from 10 - 40 dollars an hour? I have been looking for work like this, from home, but it is so hard to find.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 03 2009, 7:58 am
Look out for ads that give u the option to work from home. I found my job on ou.org

amother

Post Tue, Nov 03 2009, 8:44 am
amother wrote:
a new amother here. what do you all do at home that you are able to make from 10 - 40 dollars an hour? I have been looking for work like this, from home, but it is so hard to find.

I am on of the amothers above. Getting my job was literally "Min Hashamayim". Exactly 3 years ago I answered an ad to be a temp secretary at a girls High School. I took the job in order to make enough money to be able to take my kids on a much needed vaction during winter break. Until that time I was more or less a SAHM. While I was there I meet my current boss. We hit it off and he kept asking me things like "how well do you know Quickbooks" (my background is in bookkeeping) and "how well do you know Excel". Turned out that while working full time as a teacher and school administrator, he had built up a small business, that he had been running on his own. He had been thinking of hiring someone part time. My dream job was to be able to work at home, on my own time. It was Bashert. A few months after my temp job was over, he hired me to enter his inventory into quickbooks. A few weeks later, I was doing his books and a few weeks after that I started taking and placing orders. Now I help him with almost every aspect of the business and I love it! I am a cmbination assistant/secretary/bookkeeper. I have no set hours and sometimes I work at night or on a Sunday, but it's mostly my choice. My life has been very difficult over the past few years, for various reasons, and I truly believe that this job has saved me from going cmpletely insane.

Good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 10:38 pm
amother wrote:

I'm in sales.... I make more than $40 an hour, but it fluctuates based upon who I'm working with at anytime.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers