Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
What to make for supper?

Yc18

Post Mon, Aug 23 2004, 4:08 pm
what should I make for supper?
I need some ideas.
thanks

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 23 2004, 4:20 pm
Take some onions, garlic, cerlery or any other veggy saute it and then take some mintz meat and put it in a pan and start shredding it slowly until it is in small peices. Then add tomato sauce to the meat with some spices. Then in a pot boil up some rice or spagetti. Then mix the rice or spagetti together. Serve it with some salad

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 23 2004, 4:27 pm
You can make pizza. Take the recipe from the lubavitcher cookbook for the doe.

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Aug 23 2004, 5:33 pm
proudmom, that meat dish is my hubbys favourite.

yael, if you want something easy, if you havent taken out meat or chicken to defrost-

mix a can of tuna with mayo, garlic salt & a little matzah meal. Mix it with cooked spaggeti and bake for 45 minutes. you could put green peppers on top. serve with corn salad or vegei salad.

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Aug 26 2004, 12:24 pm
yael, what di you end up making for supper?

Yc18

Post Thu, Aug 26 2004, 3:21 pm
the meat sauce was a good idea cuz its easy and quick (if you have defrosted meat) but my hubby doesnt like meat, so I took out of the freezer a single portion of meat sauce for myself (+kids) that I had made another time that my hubby didnt eat. and I gave my hubby chicken from shabbos (his portion that he hadnt eaten)
as you can see my hubby often doesnt eat his supper. lol!
he is very picky, (though he doesnt think so) he doesnt like pasta, unless its with cheese. no rice either unless its mixed with some really good vegies or sauce. he doesnt like fleishiks. so its hard to make supper that he likes every day. the problem is that I LOVE the foods he hates. so once in a while I make my favorite suppers anyways (like meat sauce with pasta!) and usually I'll make him some couscous instead of the pasta or rice or he anyways pushes off eating supper till its almost ten and then decides he doesnt want supper at all. then I get another ziplock bag stored in my freezer.

proudmom

Post Thu, Aug 26 2004, 4:21 pm
my husband is the same way, if it is too late for him to eat he will say forget about it, he wont be in the mood of eating

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Aug 27 2004, 3:43 pm
bh my hubby isnt that picky , he eats whateer I serve him. he wont even let me throw out wnything, he finishes it the nest day. whereas I hate leftovers.

but if he isn't hungry he won't eat supper. even though I worked hard, I don't complain as I know he is well fed and doesnt need the extra calories.

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 30 2004, 12:33 pm
I am having company for supper any ideas of what to make?

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Aug 30 2004, 12:52 pm
You could try Barley Mushroom soup, Salmon, Rice with vegies ( fried carrots, green peppers and onions) and Green Beans

Tila

Post Thu, Nov 25 2004, 11:10 am
Since I can only access a computer at a library I do not have the recipe handy, but I will give you the gest of it. If it sounds good ask, and the next time I will bring it along!! Oh and I have a super yummy recipe of real stuffed cabbage! Here I go...
it consists of a bag of bodek shredded cabbage a pound of minced meat, rice and tomato sauce!! I love it and my kids love it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus