Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
ISO an easy spinach dip
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 2:32 pm
paprika wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
paprika wrote:
RA Mom, try putting a whole cup of mayonnaise and 4 cloves garlic. My family doesn't even let me cut 1 oz. of mayo from a full cup. It makes a huge difference in taste. I also put in a piece of raw onion and white pepper.
Glad you liked it your way! Smile

We devour it our way. Low fat and not to garlicky on the breath. Our secret is coarse kosher salt, and lots of it. Smile

How do you manage to keep dips dietetic? We eat it with challah. Whoever's on a diet stays away, and whoever's not on a diet enjoys their food! According to the amount of challah that we eat with the dip, the scale doesn't even notice that we added some dip along with it.
Lol. I said low fat, not dietetic Wink
Compared to the store bought mayo laden dips, this is relatively low fat. I prepare half a recipe for shabbos (and we don't finish it all.)
Compared to the store bought 7 oz. dip containers, using 1/2 cup of mayo for 16 oz. spinach, comes out to only 2 Tbsp mayo per each 7 oz. container.

Maybe I'm just disalusioned and rationalizing the calories LOL But I know that the weeks that we buy store bought stuff we are consuming tons more calories.

AZmom09

Post Sun, Sep 23 2012, 4:00 pm
I know this is an old post but I have a great recipe.
SPINACH DIP

1 pkg. chopped spinach - thaw and drain
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper ( use 1/2 to start, I think it's enough)
1 cup mayonnaise

Combine - make 24 hours ahead

bubble gum

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 8:43 pm
I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping ra_mom could tell me-- how long does your spinach dip last in the frig? Thanks so much!!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 9:34 pm
bubble gum wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping ra_mom could tell me-- how long does your spinach dip last in the frig? Thanks so much!!
not long. It doesn't last from shabbos to shabbos.

If you have extra, toss it with a package of cooked pasta. You can add marinated halved grape tomatoes.

If I know I don't need all of it (only time I need all of it is over a 2-3 day yom tov with guests) I measure out the spinach and halve or quarter the recipe.

bubble gum

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 11:13 pm
Ok, thanks so much!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics