Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Potty training- together? or one at a time?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 7:55 pm
one twin is maybe starting to be ready, and one twin clearly isn't.....

what would you do?

They're 29 months old-- both special needs, so the late start doesn't bother me.

Pineapple

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 8:43 pm
ITs not late

If only one is ready start with him/her then see if the otehr will want to follow

QUEENY

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:27 pm
29 nmonths is not late at all. Dd was 38 months and DS who has more issues than dd trained at 3 1/2 and took an extra 4 months to be fully trained.

tripletlyblessed

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:37 pm
For various reasons I tried to "train" each of mine at various times but nothing took. Then erev Shabbat a month ago (at 37 months) they saw me getting dressed and asked what I was wearing. I told them that I used the potty so I didn't wear a diaper and I wore underware. They all said they wanted underwear and haven't been in diapers since. 9 days after their first day we went to Disneyland with no accidents. I tell everyone that asks that they should make sure the potty is known and that they should talk up pottying, but not to push because when they are ready it will happen with no problems.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:47 pm
so is the consensus to wait? Or to start her soon? I'm torn! Smile

I'm glad to hear you all don't think 29 months is late to even get started--- all the other 2 and a half year olds we know are fully trained and speaking in paragraphs (and doing multivariable calculus, and cooking dinner--- *sigh*).

Tripblessed- I remember reading about that Disneyland trip! So you never sat them on the potty, reminded them to go, or anything? Just kept them in diapers until they asked YOU?

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 1:28 am
I did mine togther right before they turned 3 (they were also developmentally delayed and barely verbal at the time). I pretty much just took off diapers and showed them the potty. For about 3 days they wet everywhere, then they started to get it. B"H within a week all was good.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 1:56 am
generally speaking girls train earlier and easier than boys ... in your case I would do it one at a time ... good luck !!!

mother48

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 10:33 am
my children (with out any developmental delays) did not train till after 3. when they're ready, they'll do it.

as far as your twins, how abou sitting the second twin on the potty when the first one goes, just to sit, adn see how that works.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 1:00 am
update.... I was wrong--- she wasn't ready. Now they're 2 months from turning 3 and nobody is ready.

For weeks I sat her on the potty at least once a day to encourage her to make on it but it was always when I felt like sitting her on it and sometimes she made just because the timing worked and mostly she didn't. She never asked to get on it and she still never tells me after she makes in her diaper. *I'm* not ready for the severity of letting her run around with a naked bottom and wet all over the place, so I'm just keeping the potties out (she says potty and plays with it, but never asks to sit on it), and waiting for a better time to try again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more