Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
ChaCha is hiring!
1  2  Next

MrsLeo

Post Sat, Feb 28 2009, 8:09 pm
ChaCha is hiring again!
They changed the pay rate. They now pay a different amount (between 10 cents and 22 cents per question) depending on the category. (Ex. weather is 10 cents, 18 cents for science, 20 cents for math, 22 cents for mass transit...)
Here is the link:
http://becomeaguide.chacha.com/

Edited. Please PM me with concerns. -Crayon210

3Qts

Post Sat, Feb 28 2009, 8:53 pm
So MrsLeo after all the working did you ever get a check from them?

MrsLeo

Post Sat, Feb 28 2009, 8:55 pm
3Qts wrote:
So MrsLeo after all the working did you ever get a check from them?

Of course I got a check from them. They always pay on time. I didn't have much time to work since the baby was born so I haven't gotten paid in a while (they only pay if u have more than $100 in ur account). I'm trying to gather up referrals so at least I'll make money somehow.

mominisrael2

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 7:21 am
Who really wants to work for a dollar an hour, anyway?? It took months for me to make it to $100...

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 9:59 am
Can you explain more about it?

mominisrael2

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 12:12 pm
ChaCha is a search engine that uses live people to find answers for people who don't know how to use Google, I guess...I'm actually shocked that they're still around -- I was doing this a couple of years ago and couldn't believe the kinds of questions I would be answering...then again, it doesn't seem like they teach search skills in school anymore (as the resident family librarian, I'm constantly getting questions from my 14-year-old cousin that it takes me a two-second Google search to answer!)

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 3:32 pm
mominisrael2, I dont know what ChaCha you are talking about because the ChaCha that I am talking about has only been around for about 2 years. They answer questions that people text from their cell phones, like directions or directory assistance or just random questions that people are curious about.
ChaCha trains every guide to be as productive as they can be to answer questions correctly and efficiently. You can make about $5 an hour (or more) depending on how efficient you are and how busy the traffic is. The first month I made $220. Now I only have a few minutes a day so I don't make as much but someone that has a lot of free time it is the perfect opportunity.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 7:25 pm
I signed up before the baby came and I as constantly being asked inappropriate questions, no matter how many times I modified the categories that I want.

cindy324

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 9:03 pm
I've gotten paid, too, more than once, but now that I have a regular job, I haven't had any time at all to ChaCha. I wish I would because I really enjoyed it, plus I have like $60 in my account which I need to up to $100 so I can get paid.

I had no idea about the new pay structure. I stopped around the time they reduced pay to .10 cents, then upped it to .20 cents if you were a Top Guide the previous week. Sounds good, maybe I'll get started again one of these days.

MrsLeo, do you know if my account will get deactivated if I don't sign on for a certain amount of time?

mominisrael2

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 12:20 am
MrsLeo wrote:
mominisrael2, I dont know what ChaCha you are talking about because the ChaCha that I am talking about has only been around for about 2 years. They answer questions that people text from their cell phones, like directions or directory assistance or just random questions that people are curious about.
ChaCha trains every guide to be as productive as they can be to answer questions correctly and efficiently. You can make about $5 an hour (or more) depending on how efficient you are and how busy the traffic is. The first month I made $220. Now I only have a few minutes a day so I don't make as much but someone that has a lot of free time it is the perfect opportunity.

I was on pre-beta, so maybe they've started treating their guides like humans? I dunno, it was a pretty horrible experience for me -- inappropriate questions, and definitely not at $5/hour (which is pretty inhumane to start with)...

MrsLeo

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 11:45 am
cindy324 wrote:
I've gotten paid, too, more than once, but now that I have a regular job, I haven't had any time at all to ChaCha. I wish I would because I really enjoyed it, plus I have like $60 in my account which I need to up to $100 so I can get paid.

I had no idea about the new pay structure. I stopped around the time they reduced pay to .10 cents, then upped it to .20 cents if you were a Top Guide the previous week. Sounds good, maybe I'll get started again one of these days.

MrsLeo, do you know if my account will get deactivated if I don't sign on for a certain amount of time?

I don't think so.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 7:25 am
I just looked at their site.
is this something that is worth it if you dont have all day to work and a baby that needs you sometimes and other things to do in the house?
it looks interesting. is it only for people in the USA?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 8:38 am
nobody can answer my questions?

lst

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 9:57 am
I did it a few months ago and did not find it worth it at all. I did not make a lot of money from it and it got annoying to keep answering questions constantly. I also can't imagine doing it with a toddler. I did it when my daughter was much younger.
It could just be me, but I didnt think it was worth my time. And I did it from Israel (to answer that part of the question.)

Zus

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 10:16 am
You need a social security number.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 5:02 pm
Zus wrote:
You need a social security number.
I have one. I am an american citizen.

Stayci

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 5:06 pm
Old guides get the new rates?

MrsLeo

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 9:30 pm
All the rates are changed based on the category of the question for all guides whether you were working for them before or you just started. You can do it from anywhere in the world as long as you have a social security number and can legally work in the US and you need a US mailing address.
I do it with 2 kids under 2 at home and I don't make much money but its something to do while the kids are sleeping that doesnt involve dishes and smelly diapers.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 05 2009, 1:45 am
MrsLeo wrote:
All the rates are changed based on the category of the question for all guides whether you were working for them before or you just started. You can do it from anywhere in the world as long as you have a social security number and can legally work in the US and you need a US mailing address.
I do it with 2 kids under 2 at home and I don't make much money but its something to do while the kids are sleeping that doesnt involve dishes and smelly diapers.
and you werent worried about hgiving your ssn over the internet? that is the only thing stopping me.

MrsLeo

Post Tue, May 05 2009, 5:36 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
MrsLeo wrote:
and you werent worried about hgiving your ssn over the internet? that is the only thing stopping me.

No, I wasnt really worried about that. I read up that they are a trustworthy company so I wasnt really worried.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers