Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How much $ to ask for?

allgood

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 4:33 pm
I will hopefully be starting a new second job. This job will include me keeping a storage of supplies, taking some orders, and being in contact with customers through e-mail and a bit of phone. I am not tied down and if I don't answer the phone for a night or two that's okay. Any ideas what would be reasonable to ask for- what's the going rate?

Fabulous

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 4:38 pm
for part time work between $13 and $16. I would ask for 15 and hour.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 5:24 pm
probably depends on your location ...

allgood

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 5:27 pm
I was sort of got the impression from them that they are thinking about a weekly amount. I guess that's where I got stuck being that there are no set hours, and no way of knowing how long the job will take. I'm going to figure about 2 hours a night of actual work. They are expanding their business so this amount would be growing and they want the salary to be somehting that the job will grow into (meaning don't ask for a raise for a while).
Any ideas?

orchidmom

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 5:55 pm
Can you not ask them if you can keep an account of the hours you work and charge them per hour. Would most probably work out better for both of you that way.

allgood

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 5:57 pm
I'm a little bit hesitant about doing work based on hours considering that would mean I would need to keep a proper calculation of the hours I worked. Also when my kids interrupt or something comes up in the middle that would just be way too complicated.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 8:42 pm
People like this ask you for a weekly wage and then pile on the work and you’re stuck with a small wage. Tell them $25 a day with a maximum of 3 hours per day.

IBR

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 10:13 pm
I agree with shaklee mom it has to be worth your time. Tell them $25. or if its for a week lets say its 2 hours a night for 4 nights so $100 a week for 8 hours minimum.
Make sure you sign a contract so its not just words. Just advising out of experience of being fooled with similar jobs and not getting the money I was told I would get in the begining. Hatzlacha to you.

momof5

Post Sat, Apr 25 2009, 8:58 pm
I have a similar type of job but I get paid by the hour. I started off just entering inventory into Quickbooks but now I do a lot more. My # of hours changes from week to week and month to month, and keeping track of my actual working hours is very difficult. Everyone is correct. Set a weekly amount with a minimum # of hours. If possible, maybe you could also set an hourly rate for any extra hours.

Good luck!

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 2:31 pm
I once worked for someone like that and made an excel sheet to calculate my hours. In the end, it was a breeze because I entered my hours down to the minutes and there was a formula to calculate the totals. In another column, I entered how much was paid, and it also calculated how much was owed to me. If you want the formula, let me know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers