Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Vomiting

proudmom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2004, 4:02 pm
My daughter threw up all over one of my towels and I can not get it out. Any suggestions?

Tefila

Post Wed, Dec 15 2004, 4:08 pm
Maybe wash it again with more cleaner. Should come out Confused

queenie

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 10:03 pm
I have unfortunately tons of experience with puke! This is a sure fire way to get just about any stain out even if it's been left for a few days. (like sitting in a plastic bag out on your back porch over a three day yom tov.) First, rinse and rub the item under scorching hot water - no detergent. Then soak the item in hot hot hot water for at least 2 days in 2 tablespoons of Oxy. Don't use a lot of water, make it a fairly concentrated solution. Let the item sit in the Oxy and water and then rinse it out using warm water. Anything should come out if you do this.

I had old stains on baby undershirts from runny diapers - yuck and I soak the undershirts and even old stains came out. Much better than bleach with is harmful to your skin and weakens the fabric. Sometimes you can't use bleach anyway depending on what you are washing.

Good luck Exclamation

Sunshine

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 10:15 pm
Yup, oxyclean is the best! It can get all organic stains ou even if they are old. My mother had some clothing from my older sister when she was a baby. Well arround 20 years later when my sister had a baby my mother wanted to give her the old baby clothing. My mother noticed a few very small stains and wanted to try to get them out before giving them. What do you kknow the oxyclean got out 20 year old stains!!!

Batsheva

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 10:20 pm
if you are in the US Dreft (baby detergent) is awesome too. soak for a day on a bucket of water with some dreft - it takes everything out!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry