Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
For those who want to share their sewing projects
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

LeahRivka

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 7:03 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I already posted this on its own, but I'm posting it here because I'm so proud of my mother. Yeah, my mother made it Wink . It's a holocaust quilt.
back
front
my mother wrote:
This quilt is important to me, too, because it tells the story of my mother’s family during the Holocaust. As a religious Jew, who lost most of my family during that time, the naysayers (deniers, revisionists etc) hit a very sensitive cord in me.

How could someone say it all never happened when just from one family so many perished? But the point of the quilt is not about the loss but, rather, how many of us survive today to prove that we are still here and the master race is no longer.

The quilt represents my family’s struggle and triumph. The back of the quilt shows the darkness, on the bottom, with the names of those who were killed and then it blends to the light, on top, with the names who survived, and their children, grand-children and great grand-children.

Gorgeous! Love the story it tells, and the obvious labor of love.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 12:49 am
just a simple weekday skirt

the skirt and jacket is for shabbos. I bought myself a similar jacket, but they didn't have her size, so I made her one. I should have made it longer, but dummy me, didn't measure

the t-shirt used to be mine, but I never wore it, so I changed it for her and to fit her. it matched the skirt, which I made. it looks better ironed Wink

this is how the shirt looks on her before I did anything to it.

su7kids

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 12:08 pm
I added a pocket to a baby carrier.
Looking for pictures of the purse I made.
[/img]
The pocket has place for a diaper, a cell phone pocket and a change pocket.

su7kids

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 12:16 pm
I also made two dolls, one for my granddaughter and one for my grandson:

The girl has a tznius shirt and a long skirt and a pair of panties
The boy has tzitzis and a kippa

saw50st8

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 12:24 pm

I made this for DS's first birthday (which is today).

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 12:35 pm
su7kids, the pocket is ingenious!!!

saw50st8, that is so cute!!!

Aidelmom

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 2:42 pm
Hsg - I love the middle skirt - can you make me one? Smile

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 9:40 pm
this topic is just for me!! But I can't see all the pictures, only very little.
Question: does anyone know how to draw the basic pattern for skirt? I know how to do it - I just lost booklet with how much cm that you add - and where.
I want to sew skirts for my 4 girls
Love to sew so love this topic

Ronit

Post Wed, Oct 13 2010, 12:10 am
That birthday hat is adorable!

seeker

Post Fri, Oct 29 2010, 1:44 pm
Waaaaaah... I feel so much less talented than I did 10 minutes ago... I don't think I could ever do any of this stuff. Though to be honest it's probably more for lack of initiative and efficiency than actual skill. Sad

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 7:33 pm

My dd made this bag for school. She did it all by hand. She might have used my machine, but it's broken Sad .

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 7:34 pm
My mother is part of a few fabric postcard swaps. She usually is the one to do it, but she asked me to do one because she wasn't able to. The theme for it was elvis presley. She wanted me to do something with a fabric she has that has elvis' name and a guitar, but since her sewing room is impossible to find anything, we nixed that idea and did something else. I would post a picture, but I didn't take one, no camera Rolling Eyes . Anyway, what we came up with was a peanut butter with bacon and banana sandwich LOL . I have to ask my sister to take a picture and then I'll post it bl'n.

mandksima

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 3:14 pm
I made two bags for my kids' teachers as end of the year presents before the summer started. First time I tried them but they came out pretty good, I think. Well, the teachers said they liked them... I am excited to make more, the sky's the limit with design and execution. I just need to find the time!

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 5:17 pm
The bags are beautiful! How big are they? They look like a perfect size for teachers.

mandksima

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 5:20 pm
I'm not sure exact sizes but the top picture was more of a casual handbag and the bottom was a wider tote bag, perfect for the beach.

little_mage

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 9:31 am
Any body have good nursing patterns? I tried to make one, and while it came out wearable, it's not great. I have a whole bunch of fabric that I bought to make nursing clothing with though, and I really ought to. Would love ideas!

Kugglegirl

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 9:58 am
I like this dress: http://friendspatterns.net/catalog.php?item=9 I lengthen the sleeves to wrist length & put in elastic casing. You can also make the skirt as an a-line instead of tiered. May want to put an inset at the neck, or adjust the neck line, as I found it came out a bit wide & low.

Makes up well in woven, non-stretch fabric.

They also have a pack of 3 patterns for blouses- Maternity, nursing & regular blouse.

The construction is unusual. If you are a beginning sewer, plan to do a practice run first.

The commercial nursing patterns all need some alteration-- a lot of boat necks. Not much for style out there.

sarachana

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 10:45 am
Kugglegirl wrote:
I like this dress: http://friendspatterns.net/catalog.php?item=9 I lengthen the sleeves to wrist length & put in elastic casing. You can also make the skirt as an a-line instead of tiered. May want to put an inset at the neck, or adjust the neck line, as I found it came out a bit wide & low.

Makes up well in woven, non-stretch fabric.

They also have a pack of 3 patterns for blouses- Maternity, nursing & regular blouse.

The construction is unusual. If you are a beginning sewer, plan to do a practice run first.

The commercial nursing patterns all need some alteration-- a lot of boat necks. Not much for style out there.

I would love to see a photo of the dress you made Smile

Kugglegirl

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 3:17 pm
Oh my! It is so old now & very worn. It was really a favorite.

My youngest is 6 & the dress is well worn. I am hoping to make 2-3 more, and am waiting until after this baby is born (hopefully in late November).

little_mage

Post Sun, Oct 02 2011, 9:37 am
Thanks! Now I just have to find the time to actually make something...
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics