Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
December 2008 Babies
Previous  1  2  3

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 7:09 pm
Wow. It was so nice to see this post "bumped."
It's been a while and it definitely made me happy.

Yosef is really big (20 lbs.--no joke!)
We started solids--he's eating nicely but still much prefers to nurse. He eats 2 meals (breakfast and lunch) when he's with the babysitter because he won't take a bottle under any circumstance--from anyone, any setting, any type of bottle--he sees a bottle and "shuts down." So my wonderful babysitter gives him cereal mixed with breastmilk and then gives him 2 another 2 oz. of milk with a spoon! Then he takes his big morning nap.
Which is weird because from 2 months to 5 months I was out of the house the entire day (from 7 in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon) and he took bottles without a problem--then I was home for a month and got used to only nursing, I guess.
He's sitting nicely, scooting around while sitting, is crawling (creeping) backwards and has his 2 front bottom teeth. He just finished a month-long ear infection but is much better now.
He's babbling a lot too and would spend the entire day on the swings in the park if we'd let him!
Sleeping is great b"ah--he takes two 2.5 hour naps (morning and afternoon) and usually just gets up once at night (which for him is from about 8 until about 6:30) for about 5 minutes--then goes right back to sleep.
He's also a real cuddler--I love it! Often if my toddler is napping and yosef is not and I'm really tired, I can just sit on the couch or in bed and he'll curl up and rest on me--he's so delicious!

rainbow baby

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 3:55 pm
Hi, everyone how are you all doing? Well some of the December 2008 babies must be 1 all ready by Jewish dates anyway. HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY to them!!!!! Cheers Bounce Flower Yehuda is 1 Monday night, we are all getting very excited about it. On Monday night my Mum and in laws are coming over for a special Birthday supper, then on Tuesday morning some of his friends are coming over for a morning of Birthday fun, LOL!!!! The boys are so excited and they want to buy him a birthday present.

I cannot believe how fast the past year has gone, what was life like before him LOL!!!!

So here's to our 1 year olds!!!! Cheers L'Chaim!!!!!

Pinky

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 5:22 pm
WOW cant believe a year has passed!!! guess time flies when your having fun!!! MD is kn'h adorable he gets up already holding on and is starting to cruise!Planning a B-Day party any ideas??

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 1:42 pm
Wow.
What a busy year!
Happy Birthday Everyone!!

We'll have some type of party. I can't imagine I'll have anything ready for next week (his Hebrew birthday) due to circumstances and I must finish my schoolwork so I can graduate this month!!!
I think we'll do something when the whole family's together for chanukah. Maybe make a combination birthday party and seudas hodaah for him...

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 9:50 am
Bumping up this thread! I wasn't on Imamother when I had my Dec. 2008 baby, but I'm wondering where everyone else's little ones are up to!

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 8:12 pm
Wow! you definitely are bumping up this thread...so surprised to have an email notifying me about someone responding here...
We're doing fine. my no-longer baby is in school now and we are beginning to think about when/what we should do about an upsherin party for him.

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 3:33 pm
We are thinking about upsherins, too! His first classmate had an upsherin this week (other birthdays until now have all been girls!), so he is getting excited about having "no more knots!"

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 9:10 am
How time has flown by, three years cannot believe it. My little Yehuda is three on Shabbos and his Uphshernish is on sunday. He is very excited about it. I think we have prepared him weel. It helps having three older brothers that he has watched having their hair cut. Last Motzei shabbos I cut their hair and used the scissers we will be using on sunday IY"H. We had a bit of a play roll with his oldest brother, showed him what would happen and that it does not hurt. He looked so excited.
I have found it hard to come to terms that he is three and having his hair cut. He has been at home with me three years and it is a bit of a shock to the system that he is so big. he has beautiful long curly hair it will be a shame to cut it. I keep joking lets leave it another year then we will cut it lol!!! But it is getting a bit knotty and having to spend 20 minutes each morning combing it, putting it up and Yamulka on every morning is very time consuming.

Well Happy Birthday to all your three year olds and enjoy them!!!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics