Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Use Google, Find GREAT Recipes!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 8:59 am
Here's a hint -
If you're looking for a recipe, first try googling it first.
That's where I've found most of my favorite recipes.

Unless you're looking for a specific recipe (for instance, you know that you want THE corn kugel recipe from KBD), but if you're just looking for any white cake recipe, or any chicken pot pie recipe, etc., it's a great tool to use.

When I search for recipes, I always use the word "easy" as part of the keyword search. That's how I found the (very) easy sesame chicken I made this past shabbos. It was very good!

Tovah

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 9:11 am
or try allrecipees.com I love that one cause ppl rate how good the recipee is, sometimes it's a 5 start and 300 ppl voted, then u now it's worth trying.

suomynona

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 9:49 am
I hardly ever make recipes that I find on the web. I don't like recipes that call for 15 ingredients & even if it's an easy recipe, I usually don't have a few of the ingredients. I like recipes that use standard ingredients that I will most likely have in the house. I find that easy recipes on the web usually call for a whole bottle of Italian dressing, or a can of condensed cream of chicken soup etc.
I'm much more likely to use a recipe that someone gives me.

carrot

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 12:11 pm
I find recipes on the web all the time. If I like them, I print them out and keep them in plastic casing in a binder. I probably find recipes on the web more often than in a cookbook.

True, some of them have a million odd (or not Kosher) ingredients, and some of them are nothing more than a dressed up can of soup, but I can usually also find some that are just exactly what I want.

red sea

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 12:40 pm
recipezaar is a good sight, with good filters so you can really narrow the search.

supermom

Post Mon, May 01 2006, 3:33 am
Tovah wrote:
or try allrecipees.com I love that one cause ppl rate how good the recipee is, sometimes it's a 5 start and 300 ppl voted, then u now it's worth trying.

Thanks tova I love the site I put it into my favorites. thanks!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics