Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Away for Pesach?
1  2  3  Next

Are you going to a hotel for pesach this year?
Yes  
 4%  [ 3 ]
No - never go away for Pesach  
 89%  [ 61 ]
No - this year we arent going because of the economy  
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 68

morahaviva

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 11:06 am
With the economy as it is these days, if you usually go to a hotel for pesach, are you still going this year? Or will you be going for the first time?

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 11:14 am
We're staying put. We might go to my parents for a day or two. Might. I'm inclined to stay home. I find travel exhausting and stressful.

goodheart

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 11:46 am
I used to go away almost every pesach .since last yr I was
due on pesach we ended up staying home .its great I don't think
I wouldn't go away that fast again.first its expensive and second it so nice to be home.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 11:59 am
I've never gone to a hotel for Pesach, but man would I love to this year... I'm due a week after Purim b'ezrat Hashem...

chaylizi

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:03 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
I've never gone to a hotel for Pesach, but man would I love to this year... I'm due a week after Purim b'ezrat Hashem...

I feel for you. with my last 2 kids I was due right around yt. preparing for yt is really not easy. my parents live several blocks away though. I also still have siblings who live at home and often help me.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:04 pm
In a hotel? with all the difficulty during yomtov, shabbes, not to mention finding a decent and decently prized kosher restaurant opened on Pessach??? I would hate it.

ESB

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:06 pm
One year at inlaws one year home. This year Im home.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:19 pm
You didn't put, I don't know yet what we're doing this year.

Marion

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:20 pm
YESHASettler wrote:

The invitation for us to return last year's favour remains open. I'm expecting to pick you up in Y-m sometime erev chag...

Marion

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:20 pm
Well, we went away last year for Shabbat & seder, but we don't "do" hotels. Unless you're offering, that is.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:22 pm
Marion wrote:
The invitation for us to return last year's favour remains open. I'm expecting to pick you up in Y-m sometime erev chag...

Thank you so much. But right now I think I'll be in hibernation, needing my own bed mode.

Baruch Hashem I have 2 teenagers who I know will step up and help with cleaning, shopping and cooking. We'll go very low-key.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:28 pm
We usually go to Israel to see our family and cousins for Pesach. Not really a holiday, and we never stay in a hotel.

But we're staying put this year--flight tickets are really expensive and we're more careful about how to spend out money. Also DH was asked to stay put to help community sedarim and services etc by his rabbi and rosh kollel so no way out. Not so thrilled about this, not because of cleaning but simply because so many people go away to israel or pesach hotels in our community, and we can't spend the holiday with our own family. The schul is usually more than half empty for Pesach. The only thing I'm looking for is cooking my own food and getting the kids involved in the preparation.

cubbie

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:54 pm
We never go away for Pesach, I like to be home, we do seder (we only have one) with my parents and my in-laws alternate year - they both live very close, so we always sleep at home. When it's with my in-laws we go to them, when it's with my parents we alternate between at them and at us. This year we'll be at my parents.

pecan

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 3:31 pm
I've always gone away, but never to a hotel. I go to my parents or in-laws. Last year I went to my little sister who had a baby right before Pesach and made Pesach for her.
I have no room in my apartment, so it would be difficult to transition to Pesach stuff plus I have nowhere to store the dishes, etc.
My in-laws are not as makpid as I was growing up so I don't like going there.
We wouldn't go to a hotel because of kashrus, although theoretically I would love it.

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 3:34 pm
Ruchel wrote:
In a hotel? with all the difficulty during yomtov, shabbes, not to mention finding a decent and decently prized kosher restaurant opened on Pessach??? I would hate it.

There are hotels that market to frum Jews during Pesach. The dining room is KLP, there are minyanim, shiurim, kids' activities and stuff. They tend to be all-inclusive resort type places.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 4:41 pm
Home sweet home for me.

cindy324

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 6:44 pm
Of course I'm going to a hotel for Pesach....the best one money can buy....

IF I WIN THE LOTTERY! LOL

SingALong

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 9:14 pm
I usually go away for pesach but only to parents or IL's. I am thinking about staying home this year and only going to my parents for 1st days. depends how crowded they are. if they are empty, maybe I'll go for the whole thing....got time to decide

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 2:36 am
home as always...

yo'ma

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 2:57 am
Am I the only one who doesn't know yet what we're doing?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics