Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Game for chanuka party

lamplighter

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 9:04 pm
Its a family chanuka party of adults only about 15 pp in total, any ideas?
TIA

octopus

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 9:11 pm
chanuka jeopardy

canadamom

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 9:12 pm
there is a childrens game headbands this is the same idea.
every adult wears a band around their head with a name of a person (someone they know- or a joke type of idea like if someone is obsessed with cleaning their cleaning lady's name) and the person doesn't know who they have but everyone else does. you go around the table and e/o asks one question about the name on their head and you can only answer yes or no. (I.e. is it a man?) the object of the game is to figure out who you have.
we played it with adults and it was very funny!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 10:11 pm
We played a bingo one year, it was so cute. You wrote any names that we were all familiar with and we had to cross of the ones that...have glasses, always late...anything funny or cute.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:10 pm
that bingo idea is cute!
the family is not very close, we get together like 2 or 3 times year and they are not frum, except us.
thanks for the ideas, any more?
I know a lot of cute games but their for a bigger group of people.
anyone know how or if the wrapping game can be adapted for adults and how?

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:26 pm
OOOOOOOOH, OOOOOOOOOOOOH, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DREIDEL!!!!!!!!!!!

really. play for something fun. give consequences to those who spin shin. or something. why does everyone give up dreidel?

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:13 am
Last chanauka dh and I hosted a chess tournament with a giant dinner afterward. It was so much fun. This year we're doing Scrabble.

LeahW

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:47 am
avigailmiriam wrote:
Last chanauka dh and I hosted a chess tournament with a giant dinner afterward. It was so much fun.

LOL The nerd's guide to chanukah??? Just joking I'm also a chess-lover, it just sounds funny for a chanukah party.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 1:53 am
we do play dreidel but my job is to come up with a cute game to play with everyone that helps us get to know each other better and have fun.

C'mon my creative juices are running low, help me out ladies!!!!

Stepmum

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:55 am
As a get to know you - go round, person A says three statements about themselves, one is false. Everyone has to guess which one is false.

Group game - pictionary on a big paper on the wall. Taboo. Um. My mind just went blank.

Good luck!

Stepmum

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:57 am
Ooh, I just remembered one more.

Have a bunch of envelopes. On outside, write a statement like:

Most likely to make friends with the stranger on the bus.

Most likely to win a cooking award.

Most likely to be published.

Most likely to adopt a stray puppy.

Etc.

Everyone gets pieces of papers, each with one guest's name on it. Pass around the envelope, have to put in the name you think fits. Tally at the end, share a laugh at what people predict.

Pineapple

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 10:59 pm
Stepmum wrote:
Ooh, I just remembered one more.

Have a bunch of envelopes. On outside, write a statement like:

Most likely to make friends with the stranger on the bus.

Most likely to win a cooking award.

Most likely to be published.

Most likely to adopt a stray puppy.

Etc.

Everyone gets pieces of papers, each with one guest's name on it. Pass around the envelope, have to put in the name you think fits. Tally at the end, share a laugh at what people predict.

I like this idea

Any more ideas what to put on the envelopes?

avigailmiriam

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 11:00 pm
LeahW wrote:
avigailmiriam wrote:
Last chanauka dh and I hosted a chess tournament with a giant dinner afterward. It was so much fun.

LOL The nerd's guide to chanukah??? Just joking I'm also a chess-lover, it just sounds funny for a chanukah party.

We're both really dorky. Really, really dorky. LOL We're doing Scrabble this year and I'm insisting on at least one game in Latin.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 12:33 am
stepmom-we played something simular. We put adjectives on cups and we had to pass around and put in a name we thought goes best with it-was cute.

We did bingo one year-filled out bingo boards with names that everyone was familiar with and said whoever ...in row I should cross it off....

avigailmiriam

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 2:23 pm
This is an option.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008......html

mom of girls

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 11:20 pm
This is not really a game but it's cute!
we wrapped boxes of all shapes and sizes. in it was a scratch off lottery ticket. each box looked different so nobody had an idea what was in the others' box. on it I wrote a cute four line poem that had to do with this person that is why they are getting this gift. everyone had to open their gift the same time. It was really cute to see everyones reaction!

sstubin

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 10:14 am
My husband invented a hybrid dreidel game called Poker Dreidel. First, everyone antes up (gelt, pennies, poker chips, etc.). Next, he deals three cards face up, and four face down to each player. Then, every spins the dreidel to see how many cards they can trade for new ones (three for gimel, two for hay, one for shin, none for nun). Then they play poker. My kids (ages 10 to 18) love it, and it is definitely more interesting than plain dreidel, since more than just luck is involved.

Zus

Post Fri, Dec 19 2008, 8:58 am
The inappropriate posts have been removed. Racism is not tolerated on Imamother.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics