Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Attention Sheitel Macher!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 10:00 pm
My friend recently purchased a Shevy wig which turned out pretty fast to be a waste of money.

She went back to her sheitel macher, who had assured her before the purchase, that if anything should go wrong, no problem, bring it back to me, the wig is under cover for the first few months and we will get you a replacement.

When she arrived at the Sheitel Macher's salon, ,the "nice", "obliging", "kind", "helpful" sheitel macher suddenly turned into a an angry, difficult and uncomprising person and refused to acknowledge any defect in the wig, insisting and claiming that the wig was intact, just the way it had been right from the start.

My friend was devestated that the sheitel macher was trying to convince her that she was hallucinating, just so that she could shake off responsibility.
My friend is a sick woman with a dreadful disease, if only the sheitel macher would know the distress she caused to an ill woman.

So, if you are the sheitel macher of my friend, and you happen to read this, I say the following to you:That one day, you will have to give din v'cheshbon for these kind of crimes, ripping off people, shaking off your responsibility, being nasty, unhelpful and causing pain to a sick woman.
You caused my ill friends heart to bleed, she has no money because it is all being spent on private treatments to try and cure her and now the added problem of a sheitel that she cannot be happy with and you refuse to acknowledge that her sheitel is not how she originally bought it.

I hope you find it within your heart to get back in contact with my friend and rectify the wrong that you have done and then may hashem have mercy on you and forgive you.

Bell

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 10:22 pm
can I suggest that she contact Shevy directly?

happymom

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 10:36 pm
or, wny dont you call the shaitel macher and tell he what you wrote here?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 10:39 pm
I was told by my wig stylist that there are many wigs that the hairs to start off with, are not good hairs and they get treated by the companies, so that the hairs look really nice and sleek.

Then, after a couple of week of wearing the wig, the special chemical treament used to make the hairs look nice and thin, wear off, and then you are left with the way the wig company actually bought those hairs...........

This could very likely be the case with the Shevy wig that your friend bought.

It is disgusting of the wig stylist to try and undermine and turn away a customer in such a manner, I think her name ought to be made public so that people stay away from her, whoever this woman is, she is definitely a disgrace to the wig industry.

Bell, I dont think one can go direct to Shevys, they only deal with the wig stylists direct, unless I am of the wrong assumption, then please correct me.

Possibly if anyone has gone back to Shevys and received satsifactory results, they can write about it here so that we can help put this woman in the right direction.

May hashem send her a refuah sheleima.

Possibly could you write her name so that we can daven for her?

juggler

Post Mon, Jan 16 2006, 2:32 pm
Actually Shevy is (from my own and my mother's experience) very nice to deal with directly and she really stands by her products. Contact her directly and she should be able to help.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 3:57 pm
Juggler, is your experience with Shevy as you being the customer or a Wig Stylist ?

I have heard that Shevy will only deal with the Wig stylists direct and not the customers as they need verification from the wig stylist that she handled it and vouches that the wig is a damage etc. (in case the customer blowed the wig on her own and damaged it etc, etc,)

Juggler, is this true ?
Please confirm.
Thank You

juggler

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 5:00 am
I am talking from a customer's point of view. She actually runs her own sheitel macher place in Brooklyn (she moved recently, don't remember the new address although I've been there) and you can call them up directly and ask them what you think they should do. They might ask for confirmation from your friends sheitel macher, not sure. In the past I brought my sheitel problems to her directly and she dealt with it. She might actually want to know if one of her sellers is not being customer oriented, because she herself is. Good luck to your friend!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels