Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Recipes: Meat on the Stovetop?

binah918

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 7:17 am
I think it's about time I cook something fleishig for my husband...(we've been married six months)! Our oven is milchig and, to top it off, I'm a vegetarian and really don't know a thing about cooking meat. I'm looking for easy, (for a meat-cooking novice), fleishig recipes that I can cook on the stovetop? (Btw, I don't mean cholent.) Thanks in advance!

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 7:33 am
roast: cook in water with spices for about four hours

stew: tomato sauce, veg. potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, stew meat or as you can call it cholent meat cut in to 1 inch cubes, and some salt and cook over low flame until veg and meat are done.

hamburgers: for every two pounds of ground meat I use one egg, matzah meal or bread crumbs use as much as you need to form patties, four chopped garlic , chopped small onion, tsp ketchup mix all together and fry on each side for five min. enjoy

meat balls: same recipe as for hamburgers just make balls out of it and put in a big pot of boiling sauce and spices (garlic, onion, basil, oregano) of your choice if you want to make sweet then add a bit of honey. boil on low for about and hour and a half . serve with spagetti

stuffed cabbages make the meat as above put them a spoonfull on a cabbage leave that has been soften (put whole cabbage) for about fifteen min. in boiling water that was shut off. and roll as for parcels. cook in a pot of sauce for an hour and half. serve with mashed potatoes, and a salad

shnitzel coat in egg and then bread it with bread crumbs fry in oil five minutes on each side until cooked through.

steak in a pan with a lot of onions a cook until it is done

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 9:40 am
BS"D
Fry up some onion and mix with chopped meat. Add Cumin, coriander, and tumeric. Fry again. Place on a plate of humus and top with pine nuts if desired. It's very easy and very good.

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 10:13 am
here is another way of making ground meat stir fry it with diced onions until the meat is cooked add honey, ketchup, tomato sauce, garlic powder, and a little bit of soy sauce. serve it over rice, spagetti, noodles, or mashed potatoes.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 12:32 pm
a thin cut of many kinds of meat is easy, too - steak, veal, etc. - sautee onions and garlic, add the meat, mushrooms too if you like them, then some sort of sauce: tomato, duck sauce, bought steak sauce, etc.

red sea

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 12:46 pm
cut up 3 chicken cutlets into strips,

then saute them in 1 Tbsp olive oil over med-hi heat for 3 min,

add one onion, sliced thin and 1 bell pepper, in strips,

continue saute for another 4 min.

then add 1 1/2 cups mild salsa, and simmer for 2 min.

Serve it over rice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics