Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Uggs
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 7:08 am
Can tan uggs be worn with black or brown tights?

avigailmiriam

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 7:36 am
Can, yes. Should, probably not. But then I'm not a big fan of Uggs in general.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 7:47 am
Im wondering what other people think. Maybe I shouldnt have bought tan. They were so expensive. I hope other people think that wearing tan looks good with colored tights!

avigailmiriam

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 8:13 am
I think they might be cute with brightly colored or patterned tights.

morkush

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:00 am
yes definately!! and they are so warm and cozy... and very UNwater proof!

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:22 am
I don't love Uggs at all and I think they'd look weird with black tights. Maybe brown would look better or patterned. Uggs are very dressed down and tights, especially black are more dressed up. Can you return them?

YChannah

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 11:08 am
I wear uggs all the time esp tan ones. I wear them with black leggings, so I think opaque balck tights would look the same! enjoy them, they are so comfy!

shopaholic

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 12:36 pm
I just bought Emus. Didn't want to spend a lot to decide next year that they're out of style. I bought black cuz I wear a lot of black.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 12:57 pm
lady godiva, I bought uggs because I always thought they looked good on other people, and they are so comfterble and practical for me to wear. Im running around with my kids all day and theyre perfect for that. I cant return them because I wore them already.

im wearing black tights with them today and a short jean skirt with a black t-shirt. I hope I look okay SmileI think I look cute

shopaholic

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:32 pm
That's exactly how I wear mine - short denim skirt - they look best that way.

YChannah

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:34 pm
agreed! I've seen people wear them with jeans and it looks cute, do you think uggs would look to shlumpy with a long denim skirt?

lamplighter

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 1:28 pm
yes, they need the tights inbetween to give it a more polished look.

NativeMom

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:30 pm
I have tan uggs and always wear them with short denim skirts, I'll wear them with black occasionally. I'd love to get a pair of black ones! They're so comfortable!

bandcm

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 3:02 pm
What are Uggs?
Sounds like something cavepeople wear.
Can someone post a picture?

ffbmom

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 8:23 pm
Actually, if you are in a community where UGGS are popular, people wear them with everything. The kids have one in every colour in the nonfrum schools, like blue, tan, beige etc. They wear them even when the weather is nice, soft and cozy like a slipper. One parent told me that the same company that makes uggs makes another name (I forgot which one) that is identical, and you can buy these for $36 at Costco. I bought mine on sale at Lord and Taylor a couple of years ago. They are black. I couldn't do the tan bit, but I just love them. Not one pair of boot that I've ever tried on can compare. If you want a sophisticated look this is not IT! If everyone else wears them, then they are fabulous. Try one. If anyone sees the $36 ones at Costco, let us know.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 10:34 am
ffbmom wrote:
If everyone else wears them, then they are fabulous.

Sorry, not true. Fabulous they're not.

frumluv

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 10:41 am
Sure they can, tan more so than the black. But hey, here in NYC people wear them yr. round with any & everything.

A couple of yrs ago, I jumped on the Uggs bandwagon (have 3 pairs). I LOVE them, so comfy & warm. . 2 pair are black (diff. styles of course) & one brown. Fortunately I only had to pay full price for the brown tall pair. Trying to get the tan pair on sale Smile

MamaBear

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 11:09 pm
I just saw the cheaper ones at Costco. I wanted to try them on so badly, but the friend I was with commented on how hideous she thought they were. So I walked on by. Silly, I know. I should go back. Great price and even if they don't last more than a couple years, by then they'll be truly passe.

lubaussie

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 11:21 pm
I loooooove uggs!! They're so comfy and if you have an expensive pair they can look really nice. I have a stunning grey pair and a nice fawn one. OP, I always wear mine with black and brown tights. Depending on your outfit they can really look nice.

I'm Australian (uggs are Australian) and EVERYONE here wears them.

NativeMom

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 11:25 pm
I used to think they were too ugly but I have a pair now and love them. They keep my feet incredibly warm and they are so comfy!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics