Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Problems with Basic Shevy Wig

amother

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 12:31 pm
Has anybody had a basic Shevy wig ( has no model name, just some numbers sewn in) and been unhappy with it ?

Did u try going back to your Wig Stylist to complain ?

Were you successful ?

Were you given a replacement wig ?

ektsm

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 12:24 pm
Yeah I heard SHevy is impossible to deal with. I would demand the sheitel macher help you.

youngmom

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 3:05 pm
I have a Shevy and am extremely happy with it.

MMEC123

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 4:06 pm
I have a basic Shevy and I've gone through different stages. Didn't like it AT ALL at first (but I moved so I couldn't go back to my old sheital macher). I found a new sheital macher and she just washes it well so it's not so bad (it used to tangle terribly).

preggymama

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 4:23 pm
I have a Shevy and it is making me miserable. It tangles badly but the main problem is that when I bought it, it was the perfect color for me (ash brown) and had these beautiful highlights - after less then two months the color changed to this crazy red color. I was so upset that I had bought this expensive wig and the color didn't last. I sent it back to get redyed, but they sent it back an even worse color. Basically to make the long story short I've had to pay for my new wig to be redyed THREE TIMES which kills the wig and it still isn't right! And, never mind the long wait each time I sent it back until it was ready to be picked up...
I have just given up.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 11:05 pm
u should complain. im sorry but if that keeps happening they can be sued. thats not normal! its genaiva for them not to take it back. did u tell shevy??

hisorerus

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 11:08 pm
I have a basic Shevy (just a model number) and it's the greatest thing that ever happened to me! I just brush it and people ask me if I got it done.

Definitely talk to your Shaitel macher and ask her to speak to Shevy.

ektsm

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 11:33 pm
you really need to speak to the sheitel macher.

DL

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 12:20 am
I once was given a shevy to dye and I wanted to contact them before I did anything to the wig and no one would answer the call. EVER!

amother

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 1:28 am
I have had more than one shevy and the first one had a tangling problem which she replaced the part of the wig that tangled for me without any hesitation, my current one is absolutely great. I have heard from others that if you bought it from a shaitel macher and not directly from shevy its more problematic getting heard if you have an issue.

binah918

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 1:36 am
Out of curiousity, how much tangling is too much tangling. I also have a Shevy, and the underside (by my neck) is always very tangled after a full day (about 5-8) hrs. of wearing it. I assumed this was normal. But it sounds like everyone is complaining about it? This is my first sheitel, so I really don't know. In general, are sheitels not supposed to get so tangled? I should know for next time...

happymom

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 10:04 am
no, its NOT normal for a shaitel to do that.

binah918

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 12:04 pm
I just called Shevy's:

718-336-5111
1888 Coney Island Ave.

I told her that my sheitel was tangling terribly. She asked me when and from whom I bought it. (One year ago from a sheitel macher--not directly from them). The woman I spoke with was very nice and said to call after Pesach and I'll be able to send it in to get fixed.

Will I do this? No. I'm in E"Y and it's my only sheitel. So I guess I'll just have to live with the tangles. Maybe I'll find someone new to wash/set--hopefully that will help a little.

Anyway, I just wanted to post the number for anyone else who needs it and let you know that my initial converstation with them was fine.

ektsm

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 9:42 pm
I think a little tangeling is normal if you wear your sheitel a full day. When you sweat it makes your hair tangle. Think about when you left your real hair down,, didn't it need a good brushing at the end of the day?

binah918

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 4:08 am
Eksm, this is more than a little tangling...it's REALLY bad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels