Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Looking for advice for camera

willow

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 3:35 pm
I need help
My mil is getting me a camera for my b-day. I used to have a digital and a camcorder. The digital was lost and the camcorder broke. She can't afford both but would like a combination. I am not professional but I love taking pictures. I think she is willing to spend around 300. I don't want it to be huge and image quality is very important to me. I will mostly be taking pics of my kid but of course I want to use it for everything. Can anyone recommend a few for my dh to check out?
Thank you

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 10:49 pm
Although you can get a digital video camera that takes still pictures and vice versa I wouldn't recommend it. You should have a video camera to capture great videos and a still camera to capture great stills. Yes, you could always get some good videos on a still camera but usually the quality is not as good and the length can't be so long.
I have a JVC Everio digital video camera that I LOVE...But I don't think it's in your price range.

mcmom

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 11:08 pm
If you just want it for daily use then the Canons are quite good. I myself have an Olympus 1100 which I'm very happy with. It depends alot on the quality of the developing too.

willow

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 2:54 pm
What do you think of the Canon PowerShot SD1100?

willow

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 3:03 pm
Or the Canon PowerShot A540

pink car

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 9:00 pm
I have the cannon SD750 - very happy with it - it has a large screen but I don't think its available anymore (its my 3rd Cannon - I had the SD450 previosly and sold it and got the newer version)
my SIL had cannon A...? but wasn't so happy with the it - A's - they require big batteries, unlike the SD's that have a small batter pack
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art