Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Freeda vs Shevy

ac101

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 8:07 pm
Which wig style is better? Do they both need to be dyed after a few months or years? Which is more comfortable?

hisorerus

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 8:41 pm
My Shevy is SOOOO comfy.

red sea

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 8:43 pm
It's styled any way you want, and all of them need to be dyed as they fade from the sun. They both are very comfortable if they are measured correctly. I know lots of people are very happy with both.

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 9:23 pm
my shevy is really comfy too, don't eve feel it on my head..though it needs more hair now and I have to colour it..but I have had it for 3 yrs so cant complain.

jewgal84

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 9:36 pm
I've got a Shevy too, really comfy and sleek Lady !

(My sil has a freeda bc she has really curly hair my other sil has a shevy cuz she got straight, I heared that freeda's good for curly/wavy hair and shevy is good for straight/wavy hair)

MMEC123

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 12:11 am
I have one of each. My Freeda is comfy, my Shevy is NOT. My Freeda has not faded at all yet, my Shevy has quite a bit. Both have gorgeous hair.

nunu123182

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 3:12 am
as a person who works with shaitels.. most people are satisfied with shevys. at a certain point in time there was a problem :they were knotting up in the back. but now they seemed to resolve the issue. the hair does not oxidize quickly.
freedas oxidize much quicker than most other shaitel companies.
both freedas and shevy are known for straight hair .
shevys can be easyly made to wavy by just crinkingy it right after a wash.. and it should stay.(fyi= barbras are great for curly hair)

mother48

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 11:08 am
I have my feedas for 4 1/2 yr, my curly is great, but not so comfy anymore, I need to refit the cap. my every day freeda, which is blonde, is a horrible color. I stopped wearing it.

my shevy, only a few moths old, is so far beautiful!

happymom

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 11:46 am
I have an ella and I am SOOOOO happy with it. I hated my freeda and I know shevys knot..

Newlywed

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 11:55 am
I have 2 Shevy's. They are both 8 months old.

1) I went directly to the Shevy office in Brooklyn to get my Shabbos Shaitel, and I am SO SO happy with it! The hair is gorgous and the cut is stunning. Every where I go, people tell me how natural it looks! Wink

2) My band fall is also a Shevy, and I dont like it at all! I went to an independent Shaitel Macher who sells Shevy's and she wasnt helpful at all. It doesnt fit right, and the hair is VERY knotty! Crying

So I guess it depends! (If you get a Shevy, I TOTALY reccomend going directly to Shevy's in NY - if possible, of course!)

And I have friends who own Freida's and they are realy happy too!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 11:12 am
Has anybody had a basic Shevy wig ( has no model name, just some numbers sewn in) and been unhappy with it ?

Did u try going back to your Wig Stylist to complain ?

Were you successful ?

Were you given a replacement wig ?

ac101

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 9:45 pm
Thanks everyone for your feedbacks. It was most helpful. I have seen some great Freedas (usually cut short). I finally got a Shevy from a sheitel macher and it was cheaper than the Shevy's in Brooklyn. So far it is very comfortable and I have received very positive feedbacks from friends and associates. Anyhow, I decided on a long hair with wavy ends style for now. When I'm bored of it, I can cut it shorter. There's no doubt that the Shevy's in NY has great hair stylists, if you want to pay $300-$500 a cut. It's amazing what people are willing to pay...

AC

ektsm

Post Sun, Feb 05 2006, 4:59 pm
Both gorgeous wigs but way overpriced.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 05 2006, 5:03 pm
All these sheitals are way overpriced!

I have two Freedas (Olivia, out of the box custom)and have been very happy with both of them; I think it's more the cut than the color and quality of the hair, but that's just me.

I see Genia in C.H. and she's just amazing!

newmom

Post Sun, Feb 05 2006, 5:28 pm
I think different things will be comfy for different people, so if you are able to try someone's on before purchasing that might help. I have a Freeda that I find to be somewhat itchy, but many others are happy with theirs. I didn't buy a Shevy, because it made me look like a conehead, but many people have Shevys that look great on them.

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 8:10 am
My latest sheital is a dream 'it's the shake and wear shoulder style'
may not last 10 yrs but will look glorious for 6 months atleast and for 125.00cnd who can go wrong YEA SYNTHETICS Tongue Out Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels