Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanuka get togethers

amother

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 2:39 pm
when it comes to this time of year, when everyone seems to have parties to go to with family and friends, it gets lonely to think how far away from my family I live (and there they do get together, but the phone conference doesn't quite cut it, in fact it makes me miss it more.)
I've tried other years arranging get togethers with friends, but I find that I put all the work in to it, rather then a group effort. Even on pot-lucks, I'll make 3-4 dishes while others will only offer to bring a salad or a drink. My dh thinks I shouldn't offer the idea this year, that if someone else comes up with it, good. But if no ones really interested, why should I go through all the bother. But I want the get together.....

shayna82

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 2:49 pm
thats how it always is, if you want the party, just assume that no one else is going to wantit as much as you, and be prepared for that. I know exactly what you mean...

timeout

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 2:53 pm
Amother invite me I promise to bring something BIG Very Happy I have no parties to go to either, we usually go to my parens but my hubby is working and we can't get there.

willow

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 3:09 pm
Same here I'll bring whatever you want. Very Happy

cindy324

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 4:53 pm
Can I come too? I promise I'll bring a FEW things, not just one, timeout knows how much I love parties.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 5:09 pm
okey, you are all invited
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics