Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Laundry devil
Previous  1  2

Motek

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 6:55 pm
Quote:
works wonders

I know, just can't stand doing it.

Yael

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 9:11 pm
I also dont like using bleach, I feel that it ruins the clothes. but I wash the whites in hot water, and they come out almost stainless. when I have the time I treat each stain with stain remover but lately I just dump it in without and use alot of soap, and I hardly notice a difference.

kookykup,
I was going to ask the same question about how do you get your laundry done, but you beat me to it!! LOL
sorry I dont have any tips. I'm still looking for a good system!

Sunshine

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 9:16 pm
I like oxiclean

mother of 2 princess's

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 2:47 pm
I wash once or twice a day and yet my washing baskets still always full. its never ending!!!!!!!!!!!!1 im trying to be more organised with it. but ill be honest I wash and fold and my cleaner puts it away although half of it ends up in the wrong wardbrobe.!!!!!!!!11

sarahd

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 3:16 pm
Hey, people, the day will come when you'll have the same experience as my aunt, when of her 13 ba"h children, six were married, two were in yeshiva, one was in seminary...and one day she went down the basement to throw in a load, and the basket was empty! So she went to the upstairs bathroom - one sock! The other bathroom - an undershirt and a towel! For the first time in over 25 years, she had no laundry to do! Think she was happy? Absolutely not. It was a real shock to her to realize that her childraising years were more or less over. So...enjoy the madhouse while you still have it.

hadasa

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 12:58 pm
I always say that in laundry you find "Giluy Koach Haein Sof" (that's "revelation of the Power of the Infinite", a common concept in Chabad Chassidus."

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 2:11 pm
well I used to put in the wash the kids clothes every day they wear them. now I let them wear them twice. only wash them after the first time if there dirty!!!

how many sets of school uniform do you guys think is enough.

Yael

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 2:29 pm
I also let my kids wear their clothing twice in a row it cuts down on the laundry by half, though I still have overflowing baskets by the time I put away the first load.

deedee

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 2:46 pm
ya gotta get a cleaning lady! my husband just got one. she comes every thursday for $50. (we cant really afford it but it makes a HUGE diffrence in my life!) she cleans the whole house. she doesnt do laundry but if there are clean clothes on the kids beds she will put them away. so my trick is to do laundry on wed nite and thur morn I dump the laundry on the kids beds and she puts it away Twisted Evil
hey micki ya happy now LOL

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 5:36 pm
Atchually laundry even though I do daily is not what gets to me!
Its mirrors and our french doors and windows with cute handprints, fingers and in the cold my daughter likes to blow w/h her mouth air on it and watch it evaporate leaving me her mouth print too Mad I hate cleaning it, but hate looking at it more I mean it wouldn't be half as bad if they were clean handprints

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 5:46 pm
but freilich- that takes seconds to clean. I know you have to do it a hundred times probably but its not like doing a whole load of laundry...

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 5:54 pm
Quote:
but its not like doing a whole load of laundry...

But atleast the laundry stuff stays clean for approx aday or more if your'e lucky. Whereas windows, mirrors etc don't stay in my house clean longer then a couple hrs if I'm lucky!
This is avodas porach for sure- NO BENEFIT

Rose

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 6:01 pm
Quote:
I also let my kids wear their clothing twice in a row it cuts down on the laundry by half, though I still have overflowing baskets by the time I put away the first load.

Yael I was just wondering with 2 little kids how can they wear things twice. Don't they get there closes dirty?

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 6:22 pm
Quote:
it wouldn't be half as bad if they were clean handprints

lol lol lol

Yael

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 10:42 pm
Quote:
Yael I was just wondering with 2 little kids how can they wear things twice. Don't they get there closes dirty?

not always, I'm good about always giving them bibs so when they eat they dont get dirty. and I dont have wood floors, so they dont get dirty from playing on the floor. but sometimes I will only re-use the peices that stayed clean like the shirt that goes under a sweater, doesnt ever get dirty. (kids dont sweat, at least not like us!)

lucy

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 10:57 pm
Oh man the never ending saga of Laundry ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Whenever I start to get annoyed I just say BH we don't have to actually wash the clothes ourselves I.e. we have a beautiful creation called a washing machine YAAAAAHHHHH! Can you imagine hand washing everything with a washboard! Sad

I wash alot in cold water & use arctic powder works well and unfortunately my daughter loves to prove to me how dirty she can get her tights! so I think she tried and tested it well!
Walmart sells this stain remover called ZOUT work pretty well.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Mar 09 2005, 5:09 am
finally got my laundry under contraol by doing 2 loads on monday - colored and whites and two loads on thursday - colored and either towels or linen. Makes life so mcuh easier. folding does not normally happen to teh next day. I don't like ironing - what do you do about that?I find it so boring.

raizy

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 9:39 pm
freilech I am just like u the laundry doesn't faze me my hubby claims that I am a washing manic, I never have dirty clothes. only clean clothes that sit in the baskets waiting for the cleaning lady to come and fold and pack away.

the thing that gets to me is the french doors. I have 7 french doors in my house.. my kids room and my room have them... it is always full of fingerprints and what not... I clean and windex them a million times a week and they are always dirty.... it really bugs me and my hubby..

so when we were looking at our new house we took it right away bc it had no french doors... LOL LOL that what won us over in the new house..no more looking at glass that is always filty.....

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 6:24 am
lucy thanks for the reminder abt washing machines, I'll try to keep it in mind... Smile

stem

Post Wed, Apr 20 2005, 8:40 pm
I fold all the laundry in neat piles directly into a laundry basket. Then I carry the basket from room to room putting things away. It saves me from procrastination when there are less steps involved.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry