Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Therapist for ADHD/trauma/addictive tendencies

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 2:20 am
Does anyone have any suggestions for a female therapist for me to work on these issues? Don't want a coach and want it to be someone who specifically specializes in ADHD

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:45 pm
Bump

amother
Lily

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:24 pm
I have ADHD/trauma/addictive tendencies so im right there with you. But I'm seeing a trauma therapist.

Are you so sure you need to start with your ADHD?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:31 pm
amother Lily wrote:
I have ADHD/trauma/addictive tendencies so im right there with you. But I'm seeing a trauma therapist.

Are you so sure you need to start with your ADHD?

No Im honestly not sure. A great trauma therapist might be a good place to start too but what I mean is someone who can help me get better at getting through my day to day without escaping to my computer/ phone etc all the time

I was in therapy for a few years which helped a lot with my mood, my relationship with my husband, and my children but I'm still having a hard time getting things done- could be from trauma or escapism or adhd or anxiety or perfectionism.. whatever it is.. I need more help

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:35 pm
Maybe Chasya Berger. She’s great and I think she works with this but not 100% sure.

amother
Lily

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
No Im honestly not sure. A great trauma therapist might be a good place to start too but what I mean is someone who can help me get better at getting through my day to day without escaping to my computer/ phone etc all the time

I was in therapy for a few years which helped a lot with my mood, my relationship with my husband, and my children but I'm still having a hard time getting things done- could be from trauma or escapism or adhd or anxiety or perfectionism.. whatever it is.. I need more help

Can we be friends? I'm so similar.

I'm much better when it comes to to things like my temper and panic attacks (thanks to work I've done myself before I was ready to trust a therapist)

My therapy helped me so much with the shame and depression around my need to numb and all the other things that make me a hot mess.

I don't know either what's trauma and what's ADHD. But I realize it may a lot more healing for me to really break out of freeze and all the things I wish to be better at, because im learning that my trauma is more severe than I was ready to see. And I don't hate myself over that. (Usually)

oneofakind

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:58 pm
Have you tried ADHD medication?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:04 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
Maybe Chasya Berger. She’s great and I think she works with this but not 100% sure.

thanks!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:05 pm
amother Lily wrote:
Can we be friends? I'm so similar.

I'm much better when it comes to to things like my temper and panic attacks (thanks to work I've done myself before I was ready to trust a therapist)

My therapy helped me so much with the shame and depression around my need to numb and all the other things that make me a hot mess.

I don't know either what's trauma and what's ADHD. But I realize it may a lot more healing for me to really break out of freeze and all the things I wish to be better at, because im learning that my trauma is more severe than I was ready to see. And I don't hate myself over that. (Usually)

yes we do sound very similar. sending you hugs since it's really hard

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:08 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Have you tried ADHD medication?

I tried ritalin once and it made me more anxious/ feel like my heart was racing a little I think. To be completely honest it was a few years ago and with my terrible memory I don't remember exactly what the issue was. Then I got pregnant and psychiatrist wanted me to try wellbutrin (I think it could help with the anxiety and possibly also with the ADHD) but I was afraid to take meds in pregnancy so went away from the idea of meds. I go back and forth wanting to take meds and then getting scared that there will be side effects long term...

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:10 pm
I'll join the party as well....

oneofakind

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:12 pm
Reproductive psychiatrists are experts on the safety of meds during pregnancy and the effects of women hormones on mental health.
It pays to start there and see what issues remain for you. For some people and couples it's life changing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:15 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Reproductive psychiatrists are experts on the safety of meds during pregnancy and the effects of women hormones on mental health.
It pays to start there and see what issues remain for you. For some people and couples it's life changing.

Sorry I should have been clearer. I'm not currently pregnant, but good to know for the future. I want a recommendation for a good professional to help me with these issues/ tendencies...

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sorry I should have been clearer. I'm not currently pregnant, but good to know for the future. I want a recommendation for a good professional to help me with these issues/ tendencies...

I understand you op. I have a trauma therapist but sometimes I do feel like I'm more then she can handle but finding a trauma adhd therapist that you has availability and it's super woke or anything is a tall order. I was searching for coaches. one was outright pro gaza. it was scary. so for now I try to do youtube... type stuff for adhd but yeah it's frustrating...

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:23 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
I understand you op. I have a trauma therapist but sometimes I do feel like I'm more then she can handle but finding a trauma adhd therapist that you has availability and it's super woke or anything is a tall order. I was searching for coaches. one was outright pro gaza. it was scary. so for now I try to do youtube... type stuff for adhd but yeah it's frustrating...

Oh gosh no that would definitely be traumatic.
Has anyone heard of someone with the last name Garfinkel? I think she was mentioned to me from relief for ADHD years ago. I can't remember her first name
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries