Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do you choose lipstick color online?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 10:28 pm
How do you know exactly which color it is? How many times I tried I was never successful.
Any tips? I'm looking for natural colors

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 10:49 pm
I Google and search on YouTube to watch many different types of people try on the color. I have rarely regretted buying a color.

readreread

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 8:24 am
Do you know what your undertone is? That is the first step. I have yellow/gold undertones so I only look for warm colors. I also know that reds look good on me, so I gravitate toward red and red-brown before pink. From there, check out temptalia - she posts photos of hundreds of thousands of lipsticks both as swatches and on her lips. It's very useful.

chanatron1000

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 10:11 am
Natural colors are harder to find. When it comes to reds, pinks, burgundy shades, etc. there's a range of shades that work and a lot that are almost universally flattering. (E.g. any red that doesn't lean very warm or cool, Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, which is sheer so it blends into your natural color.) Opaque nude/natural shades have to match your undertones and have the exact right depth. Too dark and it's not such a natural shade anymore, too light and you've got concealer lips. But if you've found a good shade, whether you've tried on on in store or seen it tried on online by enough people with similar coloring to you, you can look for dupes so you can buy a different brand or formula.

synthy

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 11:21 am
I’ve never been successful either, but I think I am unique in that area. My failed lipsticks always look good on my sisters, and I only look good in a few shades.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:16 pm
Try on with the virtual mirror.

chestnut

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:34 pm
readreread wrote:
Do you know what your undertone is? That is the first step. I have yellow/gold undertones so I only look for warm colors. I also know that reds look good on me, so I gravitate toward red and red-brown before pink. From there, check out temptalia - she posts photos of hundreds of thousands of lipsticks both as swatches and on her lips. It's very useful.

Is she on Instagram? FB?

readreread

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 3:16 pm
chestnut wrote:
Is she on Instagram? FB?

She has a standalone site. Here's the link.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics