Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
4 year old son flying worth my family without parents

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:24 am
My 4 year old is flying to Florida with my parents, his grandparents,;my sisters, his aunts. Any thing I need to send along for TSA/airport. Any tips and or tricks. Me and my husband hope qot come a few days later but we aren't sure yet.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:27 am
I would send a notarized letter from you and DH listing your parents names and saying they are authorized to travel with him and a copy of his birth certificate.

mommyhood

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:47 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
I would send a notarized letter from you and DH listing your parents names and saying they are authorized to travel with him and a copy of his birth certificate.

This is what we did, also sent a medical insurance card and included authorization to make medical decisions in the letter. No one asked for anything at the airport but I’m happy we did it just in case.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:52 am
Yes, send a notarized letter authorizing your parents to travel with your child and to make emergency medical decisions. Make sure to include your phone number(s) just in case and list any allergies or pertinent medical information in case your parents might forget.

Pack a change of clothing and lots of snacks and activities for the trip. Make sure to include a comfort item like a blanket or stuffed animal.

bsy

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:59 am
I sent my kids with my parents once and just sent birth certificates. No notarized letters.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics