Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bra Fitting Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:38 pm
Where would be the best place in Brooklyn to get fitted for a new bra? I recently lost my baby weight and none of my nursing bras or my pre baby bras fit. Somewhere with good customer service where I will feel comfortable. I hate hate shopping at many “heimish” type stores because I feel out of place and see them looking me up and down. For reference I’m yeshivish but didn’t grow up in Brooklyn and have felt so uncomfortable at some of these types of stores. Any recommendations for a place that does good fitting and won’t make me uncomfortable?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:45 pm
Who looks you up and down? The customers?or the fitters? At myself lingerie in Boro park Frene is particularly sensitive. They’re all great though.
Maybe elaborate more on what you need.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:51 pm
Sorry I wasn’t referring to lingerie stores specifically when I said about looking up and down. Just in general it’s a judgey uncomfortable vibe I’ve gotten in some not all heimish Brooklyn stores, like they’re doing me the biggest favour just by looking at me. If you don’t know what I’m talking about ignore that part. Where is a good place to get a fitting that has good customer service?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sorry I wasn’t referring to lingerie stores specifically when I said about looking up and down. Just in general it’s a judgey uncomfortable vibe I’ve gotten in some not all heimish Brooklyn stores, like they’re doing me the biggest favour just by looking at me. If you don’t know what I’m talking about ignore that part. Where is a good place to get a fitting that has good customer service?

I was asking seriously. Because myself lingerie is in Boro park but their fitters aren’t women from the community. So I don’t think they’ll look you up and down but I don’t know who will be standing in line with you.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:56 pm
I had a good experience in Secret Me on central Ave in the five towns if you want to drive there

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:57 pm
They're probably busy this time of year, but Saposh in boro park is very helpful

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:58 pm
This is one of the busiest seasons for everyone especially since the HS girls are off. So best be there (wherever you choose) before opening time.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:01 pm
Thanks for the recommendations! Which would you say is an easier shopping experience- Saposh or Myself? I know these stores may all be very busy before Pesach but which would be less hectic? I wouldn’t go to the five towns too much of a hassle. No I couldn’t care less about who is standing in line, I live in Brooklyn and have no problem with the people living here, I just want to be treated respectfully by the ppl helping in the store.

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations! Which would you say is an easier shopping experience- Saposh or Myself? I know these stores may all be very busy before Pesach but which would be less hectic? I wouldn’t go to the five towns too much of a hassle. No I couldn’t care less about who is standing in line, I live in Brooklyn and have no problem with the people living here, I just want to be treated respectfully by the ppl helping in the store.

I had a great experience by your top priority today. Was there with a first timer. They temporarily now at 1274 50th.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics