Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Find Your Cousins For the ordinary folk
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:10 am
Spinoff of the yichus thread.
I was thinking about the regular, not massively Rebbish.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:11 am
Please post on the other thread bec that’s why it was started
Get it back on track Wink

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:23 am
amother Currant wrote:
Please post on the other thread bec that’s why it was started
Get it back on track Wink

I tried. And others did also.
But it kept on getting sidetracked by Big Names

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:24 am
Anyone else related to the Allswang/Neuberger/Fried families.
From near Riga and many moved to Chicago.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:31 am
Lol! I have so few relatives that we invite until third cousins to our events!
I am not aware of any 4th cousins (for my kids)

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:40 am
On the other thread, someone mentioned Rivlin from Israel. My great great grandfather had a sister or daughter (I don’t remember which now) who married Rivlin. I wish that person would come back and let me know if I’ve found a relative.
We are also related to Weinstock (I think they were from Yaffo?) and Eitan- my grandfather’s cousin (I think) changed his last name to Eitan.
Our family name was originally Barzilai, so if there are any of those floating around I’d love to find out if we are related! Also where my family actually comes from. My grandfather was a 7th generation Yerushalmi, but we have no idea where his family came from before that.
If there are any relatives here, I will either put myself, or connect through Yael.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:52 am
My grandparents were ehrliche yidden all four. Are we related?

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:53 am
Proud simple folk here!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:58 am
There is a last name in my family and I was told that everyone with this name is related. Anyone related to the Wertchafter/Wirtschafter family?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:58 am
I posted on the other thread but didn't get any replies. Where are my fellow Yekkes?

Any Gruenenbaum descendants? I remember a huge family reunion back when I was a kid with color coordinated name labels to keep track of who was descended from whom and a humongous family tree up on the wall.

Or any Jacobovitses? I'm descended from one of the 5 sons of R' Moshe Yehuda Jacobovits who made it out of Germany into France and came over to the US after the war. He and his wife, Chana (a Munk), lived in Washington Heights.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:59 am
I'm also wondering if anyone else has a family name where everyone with that name is related.

Comptroller

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:01 am
Durst from Tarnow, anyone?

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:39 am
We have a family name going back as Itzbutzki. Not sure exact spelling as the family name got changed when one was noftar and remarried. Anyone?

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:41 am
amother Black wrote:
On the other thread, someone mentioned Rivlin from Israel. My great great grandfather had a sister or daughter (I don’t remember which now) who married Rivlin. I wish that person would come back and let me know if I’ve found a relative.
We are also related to Weinstock (I think they were from Yaffo?) and Eitan- my grandfather’s cousin (I think) changed his last name to Eitan.
Our family name was originally Barzilai, so if there are any of those floating around I’d love to find out if we are related! Also where my family actually comes from. My grandfather was a 7th generation Yerushalmi, but we have no idea where his family came from before that.
If there are any relatives here, I will either put myself, or connect through Yael.

I don't know of all the family names, but my grandfather was also a 7th generation Yerushalmi. They all married into each other in those days, so high chance we're related somewhere! His family was from the Talmidei HaGra.

mommyla

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:43 am
amother Blue wrote:
There is a last name in my family and I was told that everyone with this name is related. Anyone related to the Wertchafter/Wirtschafter family?

The English principal in Bais Yaakov LA way back when was Mrs. Wirtschafter!

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:45 am
amother Blue wrote:

My last name is Barber and I’ve also heard that all Barbers are related. There aren’t any first cousins on my side. Anyone?

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:46 am
amother Blue wrote:
I'm also wondering if anyone else has a family name where everyone with that name is related.

The Cohens

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Spinoff of the yichus thread.
I was thinking about the regular, not massively Rebbish.

It wasn't a Yichus thread.

cbsp

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:47 am
amother Steel wrote:
The Cohens

I know many Cohen who aren't kohanim (or even halachically Jewish...)

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:48 am
amother Outerspace wrote:
I don't know of all the family names, but my grandfather was also a 7th generation Yerushalmi. They all married into each other in those days, so high chance we're related somewhere! His family was from the Talmidei HaGra.

Same
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics