Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
What is the best travel carseat for a newborn?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:01 pm
Carseat with snap and go type of stroller.

TIA!

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:05 pm
What's your budget?

If you're looking for affordable, Graco has a really lightweight one

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:07 pm
Doona

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:43 pm
Nuna Pipa light

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:47 pm
I just got a doona. Haven't used it yet. My baby was just born. The inside of seat under fabric is made of basically heavy foam that I can press or scratch or be miss shaped probably by pressure of bigger baby. I don't get why all the rage other than the compactness.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:51 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
I just got a doona. Haven't used it yet. My baby was just born. The inside of seat under fabric is made of basically heavy foam that I can press or scratch or be miss shaped probably by pressure of bigger baby. I don't get why all the rage other than the compactness.

the rage of the doona IS the ease of using one piece.
that is the rage.
have you tried both systems?
the people who can really appreciated Doona most are the people who have done it other ways.
I am in my 40s with a newborn. I have done it OTHER ways. The snap and go way/the “travel system” way, where you have a stroller with an adapter, and a doona. The value of Doona is the ease of having ONLY one piece to navigate. You DON’T have to use it. But I would recommend it as the easiest travel car seat.

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:54 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:

why is that different than other carseats?

and also how heavy would your baby be to literally deform the carseat... I had 2 kids use the same doon both through 17 months and mine is just fine.

theres could be reasons to hate on the doona (heavy, expensive) but not that.

the doona is probably the MOST convenient for traveling.. because of its fold. and it can be brought on the plane.. all in one piece.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 1:02 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
that is the rage.
the people who can really appreciated Doona most are the people who have done it other ways.
I am in my 40s with a newborn. I have done it OTHER ways. The snap and go way/the “travel system” way, where you have a stroller with an adapter, and a doona. The value of Doona is the ease of having ONLY one piece to navigate. You DON’T have to use it. But I would recommend it as the easiest travel car seat.

Yes, I've used other systems and I do agree about the ease of it. But I feel it not being worth it price. I'm not even talking about the baby fitting in so snug. (It's like all things baby nowadays. At my last baby some years ago, all baby clothes were having more room. Very Happy )

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 1:08 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
that is the rage.

Its funny because for a few years I have been following the hate and threads about the doona. I was convinced that I wont ever get one because its a waste.
Guess what. I had a baby. Got it last minute because of store credit that I anyway had and I LOVE it. I finally understand the rage.
Its easier than all others that I tried. It snaps in and out if the base with one click. It becomes a stroller with one click and is not as heavy as it was described to be.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 3:56 pm
My baby is now 14 months and a big baby ive been kvetching how heavy the doona is since baby is born 😂still havent given it up yet pros far outweigh cons

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 7:55 pm
I think I’m going to get the evenflo shyft dual ride. I love how the car seat is 7 pounds and can be separated from the wheels when you don’t need them. It also clicks into my uppababy with adapters.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:10 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
I think I’m going to get the evenflo shyft dual ride. I love how the car seat is 7 pounds and can be separated from the wheels when you don’t need them. It also clicks into my uppababy with adapters.

I got evenflo shyft and am happy so far.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:11 pm
amother Crocus wrote:

I’m loving mine as well!

A huge piece is when wheels come off the car seat clicks into the top of shopping carts ( I go to gourmet glatt) so easy to go grocery shopping

Head position so good too

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:23 pm
To the ima complaining about the doona being made of foam- well all car seats are, that's how they absorb the shock! Bonus is that foam is really lightweight. Believe me you don't want a carseat not made of foam!

Re op's question, the doona is great for travel however it doesn't carry your stuff for you. So for in & out of the car & taxi's/ ubers it's a lifesaver but for airport travel I miss having the huge graco basket to carry all my other stuff. Also personally I've never been on a plane where the aisles were wide enough to wheel the doona & it's always a struggle to reach the seat (need to hold the carseat completely in front of me while walking down the isle)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:16 am
Thanks all!

I am deciding between a Doona or a car seat snap and go option.
Doonas are soo expensive but they do have their advantages.
I don't have a large car so I'm afraid it won't fit.
I haven't found a nice car seat/ snap and go option yet.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:34 am
[quote="amother Denim"]To the ima complaining about the doona being made of foam- well all car seats are, that's how they absorb the shock! Bonus is that foam is really lightweight. Believe me you don't want a carseat not made of foam!

Re op's question, the doona is great for travel however it doesn't carry your stuff for you. So for in & out of the car & taxi's/ ubers it's a lifesaver but for airport travel I miss having the huge graco basket to carry all my other stuff. Also personally I've never been on a plane where the aisles were wide enough to wheel the doona & it's always a struggle to reach the seat (need to hold the carseat completely in front of me while walking down the isle)[/quote
Maybe nowadays they are but not two of what I have of about 10 years ago. That is a craco and another brand . Both are made up of heavy plastic

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 10:06 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all!

I have a tiny car and it fits I do have to move the passenger seat all the way up and it wont fit behind driver (cause I cant drive and move it all the way up) even more reason to get the doona dont need to keep something else in the trunk and take up valuable trunk space, now my baby is outgrowing the doona and not walking yet so gonna need to get a bigger car lol

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 11:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all!

The evenflo shyft is quite a bit cheaper than Doona and sleeker.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 12:18 pm
Nuna pipa urban. Amazing. No base. Clicks into any latch. Fits any stroller with European stye adapters, covers lots of brands. Steaaps go down really small for even the smallest newborn. Lightweight.

ray family

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 1:50 pm
The evenflo shyft seems like a better choice than the doona
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics