Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
New twin mom
Previous  1  2

someone613

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 9:16 am
Wow I can't believe I started this almost a year ago! My twins are B"H IY"H turning one soon.. I feel like I can reply to my own post with some tips:)
It is still hard at time but nothing like the begining was.. because now I get sleep at night!
The hard part now is chasing the two of them when they go in different directions.. and taking them out has become a bit harder.. any tips on that?

I tried Podee bottles when they were yhounger but it didn't really work for us.. the biggest tip I would now give new moms of twins is that you are in survival mode- you just do whatever needs to be done to get everyone fed/clean/slept ect.. after a couple months you then get into more of a routine..

Annie

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 2:07 pm
Well, I'm glad you survived the first year. Someday I'll learn to check the dates on the original posts, and not just the reply before mine, LOL.

TwinMama

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 2:39 pm
Mazel Tov! Mazel Tov!! KA"H my twin girls are just 9 months and even now it's not always easy. But it's truly a double blessing. They were also my first!

Someone told me that the best way to get them on a schedule was to pick a time in the morning when they first wake up and then exactly 3 hours later feed them - even if they just fell asleep, wake them and feed them. By the time they are ready to go to sleep at night they will be completely satiated and exhausted that they'll just want to sleep through the night.

Ok so for me that didn't work out as well, but I stuck to feeding them around every 3 hours at the same time. I would prop them on a pillow (bottle fed) and sit there and hold their bottles until they each had to be burped.
As they got older I would prop the bottles with a blanket and they would hold the bottle themselves. To this day I still do it.

I was alone almost the entire day except when my sister would come to help for 2 hours each day. But with DH at work until late then home for a bite to eat and back to Minyan, it felt like I spent the entire day by myself with the girls.

B'H it only strengthened my bond with them, as it will for you. Keeping them on a schedule is not as easy for some as it is for others, so just do the best you can and be proud of yourself that Hashem entrusted you with 2 little babies at the same time. Hatzlacha Rabbah, may you only see the revealed blessings in this new chapter in your life.
Feel free to PM me with any questions!!

PS. Swings are key to a sane Mama
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more