Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If you could buy ONE piece of jewelry
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:00 pm
for $1500, what would it be?

We have been very, very tight for years. For our 20th, DH saved up unbeknownst to me and would like me to buy myself jewelry for Pesach.

Long story, but my jewelry was stolen a few years ago and I currently don’t own anything real except my diamond ring and wedding band.

I used to wish I could buy stuff like this, but now I feel weird about it. Can I even get anything nice for this amount? Is it even worth it? I will likely not be able to do this again for a long time. It’s got to be something classic that I can wear often.

What would you buy?

And from where?

Would love links if anyone is so inclined.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:03 pm
Lab grown- You'll get more for your money that way.
Necklace

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:06 pm
I am an earrings gal. So earrings.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
for $1500, what would it be?

We have been very, very tight for years. For our 20th, DH saved up unbeknownst to me and would like me to buy myself jewelry for Pesach.

Long story, but my jewelry was stolen a few years ago and I currently don’t own anything real except my diamond ring and wedding band.

I used to wish I could buy stuff like this, but now I feel weird about it. Can I even get anything nice for this amount? Is it even worth it? I will likely not be able to do this again for a long time. It’s got to be something classic that I can wear often.

What would you buy?

And from where?

Would love links if anyone is so inclined.

I’m so sorry all your jewelry was stolen, that’s awful!
Funny you mention $1,500. I had to go to the jeweler for something a few months ago, and I saw a necklace I really wanted. It’s boy/girl charms with birthstones in the centers. I told the jeweler that next time my husband comes in and wants to buy something for me, that’s what I want. He said it would cost $1,500.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:07 pm
And as soon as I read this I thought bracelet Very Happy What speaks to YOU?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:09 pm
It depends on your features. If you have more delicate features, a small necklace looks best, and you can get a really nice one. If you have bolder features, earrings are a better buy.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:09 pm
Everyday earrings

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:19 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
It depends on your features. If you have more delicate features, a small necklace looks best, and you can get a really nice one. If you have bolder features, earrings are a better buy.

Thats really interesting!

Can you elaborate on that?

I dont have delicate features but how do I know if I have bolder features?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:29 pm
Diamond earrings for weddings

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 8:25 pm
Emerald, sapphire or ruby earrings for sure

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 8:27 pm
Probably some 18k gold moissanite jewellery - even cheaper than lab diamond and very durable. Nice stud earrings and a matching necklace.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 8:28 pm
I just bought 3 pieces from Mrs jewels on IG for under 1500. A ring and 2 bracelets. They're fashion pieces as in, small diamonds but that's perfect for every day wear. You can really stretch that 1500 with good prices

Anon so people aren't all up in my business but I'm a happy customer and highly recommend

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 8:42 pm
Diamond stud earrings

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 8:49 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
Thats really interesting!

Can you elaborate on that?

I dont have delicate features but how do I know if I have bolder features?

When you put on jewelry, do you find that it easily looks like it's not adding anything? Do you find that wearing too much eyeliner or a bold lipstick easily overwhelms your features and looks overdone, or do you find the opposite, that you can do what you thought was glam makeup and it just looks natural? Most people are somewhere in between.

amother
Navyblue

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:37 pm
Check out https://www.mollysjewelers.com/ to get ideas of prices and what you'd like. Search by price so you can work with your budget.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:48 pm
I've always been intrigued by those Indian (subcontinent) pendants that go on the forehead and would love to wear such a thing if I could figure out how to keep it in place. I'm picturing a teardrop-shaped, deep-toned jewel, like a ruby, emerald or sapphire, in a setting of heavy scrollwork or filigree.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:54 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Check out https://www.mollysjewelers.com/ to get ideas of prices and what you'd like. Search by price so you can work with your budget.

Good grief, don't they have anything in plain gold without stones? Not everyone is in love with diamonds.

CPenzias

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:56 pm
I'm chiming in to say that your husband is so sweet ❤️ that was super thoughtful of him.
I hope you love whatever you get

Fave

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 10:04 pm
Necklace or earrings

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 10:08 pm
Classy necklace
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics