Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Help me make my own pesach mayo!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 8:37 am
I have no special tools and no pasturized eggs where I live.
Is it safe tp use raw eggs? How do I pasturize? I have no thermometer.

Does anyome have a fantastic recipe with flavor?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 8:52 am
What makes you think you need special tools? You don't.
I use an electric hand mixer and I don't have a thermometer.
The only thing you need to worry about is:
1. Eggs and oil MUST have the same temp. I use eggs and oil both room temp.
2. Adding oil: You add very slowly in a *fine* stream. The yolks need the time to absorb the oil, you must do it slowly. Your eyes should be looking into the bowl all the time.
Do you use mustard on Pesach? If not, add fresh crushed garlic or onion powder according to taste. You may also add more lemon juice.
The oil must be tasty. An inferior tasting palm oil will result in an inferior tasting mayonnaise.
I use walnut oil for Pesach. Regular olive oil will result in a bitter mayonnaise.
Store in the coldest section of fridge.

amother
White

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:25 am
[I make mayo all year round. All you need is a food processor. And I know people always say things about the temperature of the eggs and oil but I've never been careful about it and my mayo comes out great anyway.

Pour into food processor
1/2 c oil, I use extra light olive oil
2 eggs
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
Optional 2 tbsp honey
Turn on the food processor. While it's running, measure 2 cups oil. Then slowly pour into the food processor in a fine stream. This should take a few minutes.

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:29 am
What blade on the food processor?

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:42 am
There is an easy way of making mayo in a 2 lb container and an immersion blender. It needs that narrow long container to work!
You don’t have to slowly poor in the oil, you put in all the ingredients ( I do wait for the egg to settle to the bottom) plunge the immersion blender in closed, and when on the bottom turn on and ever so slowly bring up the blender until it’s all mayo. You might need to go up and down a bit for the last bit on top.

If someone can post the recipe of what I’m referring to it’s the simple art way.

Eta https://www.imamother.com/foru.....23249
Found this thread with the details

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:47 am
If you don't have an immersion blender and you only have a food processor, what I used to do years ago when we made Mayo was put the oil in a cup and using a pin I would poke a hole on the bottom so that it was dripping down, as if it was a slow stream and then turn it on and this way I didn't have to stand over it pouring.

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:48 am
doodlesmom wrote:
There is an easy way of making mayo in a 2 lb container and an immersion blender. It needs that narrow long container to work!
You don’t have to slowly poor in the oil, you put in all the ingredients ( I do wait for the egg to settle to the bottom) plunge the immersion blender in closed, and when on the bottom turn on and ever so slowly bring up the blender until it’s all mayo. You might need to go up and down a bit for the last bit on top.

If someone can post the recipe of what I’m referring to it’s the simple art way.

Eta https://www.imamother.com/foru.....23249
Found this thread with the details

This
I do this every year pesach and we go through lbs and lbs with matzoh since its so good!
Try to use olive oil or avocado oil since it gives the mayo way better flavor
I personally do not like it with walnut oil it give it a very strong taste

Simple and delicious!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:53 am
Thanks.

Do I add lemon at the beginning or only once the mayo is thick? Will it cause the mayo to flop?
Also, whole eggs or just yolk

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:59 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks.

Do I add lemon at the beginning or only once the mayo is thick? Will it cause the mayo to flop?
Also, whole eggs or just yolk

You need a recipe. Some are made with whole eggs some only with yolks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics