Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
24 six

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:27 pm
Can you tell me about it?
I currently have Spotify. I used to listen to non Jewish music but after October 7 I’ve only listened to Jewish. I do listen to every kind of Jewish music including non mainstream. Including Israeli singers like Omer Adam and the person who sings Latzet Midikaon.

Will I miss Spotify if I change to 24six? My son might want to get a 24six device for his bday and I would need to subscribe for him anyway.

It’s more expensive than Spotify. Is it as easy to use? Does it have every single Jewish artist? Is it worth it?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:31 pm
We love it. I believe they only feature artists that are shomer torah umitzvos. They constantly add new songs- plus they have all the oldies. They also have stories for kids and podcasts.

Great for anyone who is trying to stay away from non-Jewish music

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:34 pm
Does one profile mean it will only work on the one device? Only one person’s device can be logged on at a time?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Does one profile mean it will only work on the one device? Only one person’s device can be logged on at a time?

No we have one profile and use it on our 24six player and my phone all the time. It just means that all your info will be shared. So like your recently played songs will be from both devices etc

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:36 pm
amother OP wrote:

One profile can work on multiple devices just not at the same time

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:45 pm
amother Rose wrote:

Ok. I think I’ll start with one for ds. It’s really for him- I’m happy with my Spotify account…

Anyone have the solo device and is it lasting? Does it come with a case so it doesn’t break if it falls? Does it work with only wireless headphones or also with wires?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:47 pm
amother Rose wrote:

That hasn't been our experience. We use on multiple devices all the time.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok. I think I’ll start with one for ds. It’s really for him- I’m happy with my Spotify account…

Anyone have the solo device and is it lasting? Does it come with a case so it doesn’t break if it falls? Does it work with only wireless headphones or also with wires?

We have the solo for a few months. The kids love it. It comes with a case but you can prob buy a better one. Works with both types of headphones. Use one account for more than one device at a time.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can you tell me about it?
I currently have Spotify. I used to listen to non Jewish music but after October 7 I’ve only listened to Jewish. I do listen to every kind of Jewish music including non mainstream. Including Israeli singers like Omer Adam and the person who sings Latzet Midikaon.

Will I miss Spotify if I change to 24six? My son might want to get a 24six device for his bday and I would need to subscribe for him anyway.

It’s more expensive than Spotify. Is it as easy to use? Does it have every single Jewish artist? Is it worth it?
I know nothing about 24six, but I just wanted to say kol hakavod to you, op, for taking on a kabbalah and sticking with it! That's so beautiful!

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:04 pm
amother Azure wrote:

At the same time? We were using one profile on my phone and my daughters and when she was on it, it knocked us off. They would be losing money if you can use one profile on multiple devices at the same time.

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:08 pm
amother Azure wrote:

That's so strange. We are immediately paused when someone starts playing on another device.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:09 pm
Always always use it on more then one device at a time

My daughter on her iPad my boys on the device and me on my phone

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:10 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
I know nothing about 24six, but I just wanted to say kol hakavod to you, op, for taking on a kabbalah and sticking with it! That's so beautiful!

Thanks, I wish I could take credit but honestly that music doesn’t even speak to me anymore, knowing that 99% of the artists literally don’t care that so many Jewish people died and don’t care about me, because I’m Jewish. I have no interest in supporting them and no interest in hearing their superficial words anymore…

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 12:07 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Always always use it on more then one device at a time

My daughter on her iPad my boys on the device and me on my phone

Do you have a family plan? That won't work for single

amother
Black

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:41 am
amother Rose wrote:

This. I got it recently and this really bothers me. While my daughter is listening on her headphones in her room,, I want to listen while I clean up. Or if im putting kids to bed I want soft music while the big ones listen to what they want.
Honestly, I would cancel it it but can't because got the mp3 for $200....
I wish I knew this before. I didn't even bother asking because I have had jewish fm before and was able to hear it on multiple devices.

One more thing if your kids are yiddish speaking, they don't have the same options as jewish fm. Like the kindergarten cds. Was surprised as it's so basic.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 7:31 am
amother Black wrote:
This. I got it recently and this really bothers me. While my daughter is listening on her headphones in her room,, I want to listen while I clean up. Or if im putting kids to bed I want soft music while the big ones listen to what they want.
Honestly, I would cancel it it but can't because got the mp3 for $200....
I wish I knew this before. I didn't even bother asking because I have had jewish fm before and was able to hear it on multiple devices.

One more thing if your kids are yiddish speaking, they don't have the same options as jewish fm. Like the kindergarten cds. Was surprised as it's so basic.

Youre supposed to get another account for yourself

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 7:36 am
Yes if you get a family plan you can both listen at the same time.

Omer Adam isn’t on 24Six. Other Israeli singers are (Ishay Ribo, Akiva , Chanan Ben Ari, Assaf Harush etc)

I use it all day long. It’s easy to use. We have a solo device for months and it’s been used and abused and works fine.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 8:33 am
Wifi is very bad on it. In my experoence, I had to download almost everything and hear from others the same.

My solo broke and there is no warranty! they told me to restart, it helped for another week....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:06 am
amother NeonOrange wrote:
Wifi is very bad on it. In my experoence, I had to download almost everything and hear from others the same.

My solo broke and there is no warranty! they told me to restart, it helped for another week....

Uh oh
How long did it last

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:14 am
6 months +-
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics