Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Dalia Oziel Giveaway
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:26 am
Reminds me of the messy givewawy we had which was worse. Shul had a fundraiser in which they sent all the people who did all the work gifts. They also had a raffle for everyone who raised money. The guy running the campaign won. And he took the prize. Then they had two smaller prizes and two other people on the team won those. I thought it was wrong that they entered and that they won. Besides for the fact that they all received really nice gifts for their hard work, and some were paid for their work. It just seemed off. I don't know any drama about it or if anyone spoke up. I said nothing but I didn't think it was ok.

Imateacher

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:27 am
amother Begonia wrote:
Thanks for the recap. But since I’m not on ig- mind filling in who Dalia and who Barriana are? I’m intrigued by the story and now the yenta in me wants to understand the issue at hand… lol LOL

They’re both influencers and Dalia has some songs on Spotify.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:20 am
She won fair and square I don’t think people should be upset she won.

She gave up her prize. Look at Dalia’s stories you can see how hurt bari is.

You woman have to mature up and stop being jealous children.

groovy1224

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:32 am
I think the situation was wrong from every angle. It's bad optics for an influencer to enter a giveaway, it just is. It comes off greedy. It's also bad optics to let an influencer win the giveaway ( they could have just handled the whole thing privately and not let the public know she was the original winner). But I also think it's crazy for people to actually go and COMPLAIN about it as if something illegal happened. As if anyone owes you anything.

I will say though, that I think that influencers don't realize what it feels like for an an 'average' social media user, to watch so many people you follow be gifted clothes, shoes, home goods, food, baby gear, expensive Judaica, and more. It fills your feed. And if we're being honest, the whole POINT is to essentially make people jealous enough to go out and buy these items themselves. So then to act surprised that it all worked and people are, in fact, jealous? That's kind of silly. If you particpate in the system, if you show off gifted items for followers to drool over, don't be fake surprised when there are hurt feelings at the end of it.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:40 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
People were upset because dalia said you can only enter if you have 2 kids and she doesn’t

Sorry I didn’t finish reading the comments so idk if I’m repeating. But Dalia never said that. She just said that when tagging people, be sensitive and don’t tag those without 2 kids as it may be a sensitive fertility struggle

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:43 am
The smart thing to have done instead:
Draw the winner…look it’s an influencer friend
Contact influencer winner privately and ask what she wants to do
If she wants to give it up, draw a new winner and don’t give the public the backstory
If she wants to keep it, post that she won. No explanations or excusing necessary

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:50 am
amother Cyan wrote:
The smart thing to have done instead:
Draw the winner…look it’s an influencer friend
Contact influencer winner privately and ask what she wants to do
If she wants to give it up, draw a new winner and don’t give the public the backstory
If she wants to keep it, post that she won. No explanations or excusing necessary

Even if they did this and she wanted to keep it, people still would have not been happy.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:56 am
amother Blush wrote:
Even if they did this and she wanted to keep it, people still would have not been happy.

A few ppl unhappy in their houses wouldn’t have turned into anything. Posting people’s dms and screenshots of texts with the influencer who won made it into a whole cringy situation

watergirl

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:00 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
I think the situation was wrong from every angle. It's bad optics for an influencer to enter a giveaway, it just is. It comes off greedy. It's also bad optics to let an influencer win the giveaway ( they could have just handled the whole thing privately and not let the public know she was the original winner). But I also think it's crazy for people to actually go and COMPLAIN about it as if something illegal happened. As if anyone owes you anything.

I will say though, that I think that influencers don't realize what it feels like for an an 'average' social media user, to watch so many people you follow be gifted clothes, shoes, home goods, food, baby gear, expensive Judaica, and more. It fills your feed. And if we're being honest, the whole POINT is to essentially make people jealous enough to go out and buy these items themselves. So then to act surprised that it all worked and people are, in fact, jealous? That's kind of silly. If you particpate in the system, if you show off gifted items for followers to drool over, don't be fake surprised when there are hurt feelings at the end of it.

I agree with everything you said here. I thought about it some more since my last post and discussed it with my husband, and I feel like on the one hand, she won fair and square, and the other hand she should not have been allowed to enter in the first place. And the whole thing should’ve been handled privately.

Along the line of what you said, I didn’t realize how out of touch influences are regarding how many people in the general population feel about it what they do. It’s a lot of mixed feelings coming from the consumers. Bari said in one of her stories today that seeing how people really feel about influencers was hard, and that bothered me more than anything else I think. I didn’t think she was that out of touch with how people feel about influencers. This would have been a great opportunity for some humility and see how some of their followers feel.

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:12 pm
I get why people are upset about what happened but I think anyone is allowed to enter. Firstly, not every influencer gets to work with just any brand they want, and also I don’t know the salary of an influencer but it’s not like they are millionaires. Yes they get lots of things for free- but they do put in the work advertising for it. I think this whole situation was just blown out of proportion. But it was fair imo.

agreer

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:35 pm
I want to say this in defense of Bari.

1) She has 2 kids. She lives in Vegas. Vegas is VERY spread out and in the summer, it is HOT. Even though her children aren't babies, she could definitely use a stroller to push them around in, to give them a break.

2) We had no idea she wasn't pregnant. She could've been expecting twins for all we know. What happened to being dan l'kaf zechus?!?!

3) She has been very open about her financial struggles and her health struggles, and it's obvious she's not rich from instagram. This is her parnassa. Hashem blessed her with a way to make parnassa, because she cannot do a full-time job. Anyone who is jealous of that needs to get off their duffs and start hustling, just like Bari has done. This didn't come easily. She works HARD and she makes it look easy, and not everyone is able to do that.

4) Just because she's an influencer does not mean every company will give her free stuff just because she wants it and promises to promote it. Companies have advertising budgets. Pish posh was working with Dalia already; they probably don't have enough money for two influencers.

5) Bari didn't have to give up the stroller just because of a few trolls. But she did so quickly, because she has a heart of gold and didn't want people to be upset for such a stupid reason.

One of the previous posters said it here... Instagram is good for business but bad for people. It creates such a crazy high standard of living that most people cannot attain. We THINK everyone has silver cross strollers and Sary sheitels and expensive baby clothing, then we get jealous when we don't win the giveaway. It's insane!

If you can't handle a "famous" person winning, get off instagram. Now. For your mental health.

P.S. If you really want a double stroller, they sell them at amazon and target.

P.P.S. Even if Bari hadn't won, you probably weren't gonna win anyway.

amother
Chicory

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:49 pm
During covid frum influencers were pushing very hard to shop frum women owned businesses, like how could we not want to support them?

So we don't everything free and most frum brands are priced higher and the return policies are less than favorable (ship back at your own expense and your own methods if you even are eligible for refund for example), so actually no I can't just start supporting them even though they need me now.

I think for me that era kind of taught me how out of touch they really are, not maliciously but just because they receive these items for free and don't need to budget for them.

This whole stroller controversy reminds me of that, Bari saying in the text to stop the sinas chinam, like no people aren't sooo bad it's just tiresome to see how out of touch they are about what it means for people to actually have to purchase all of this independently.

groovy1224

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:51 pm
watergirl wrote:

Along the line of what you said, I didn’t realize how out of touch influences are regarding how many people in the general population feel about it what they do. It’s a lot of mixed feelings coming from the consumers. Bari said in one of her stories today that seeing how people really feel about influencers was hard, and that bothered me more than anything else I think. I didn’t think she was that out of touch with how people feel about influencers. This would have been a great opportunity for some humility and see how some of their followers feel.

Unfortunately I think any sort of lesson there was to be learned was lost in the nastiness; people really hit below the belt and I'm sure what she's walking away with is a just feeling of hurt and betrayal.

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:59 pm
agreer wrote:
I want to say this in defense of Bari.

1) She has 2 kids. She lives in Vegas. Vegas is VERY spread out and in the summer, it is HOT. Even though her children aren't babies, she could definitely use a stroller to push them around in, to give them a break.

2) We had no idea she wasn't pregnant. She could've been expecting twins for all we know. What happened to being dan l'kaf zechus?!?!

3) She has been very open about her financial struggles and her health struggles, and it's obvious she's not rich from instagram. This is her parnassa. Hashem blessed her with a way to make parnassa, because she cannot do a full-time job. Anyone who is jealous of that needs to get off their duffs and start hustling, just like Bari has done. This didn't come easily. She works HARD and she makes it look easy, and not everyone is able to do that.

4) Just because she's an influencer does not mean every company will give her free stuff just because she wants it and promises to promote it. Companies have advertising budgets. Pish posh was working with Dalia already; they probably don't have enough money for two influencers.

5) Bari didn't have to give up the stroller just because of a few trolls. But she did so quickly, because she has a heart of gold and didn't want people to be upset for such a stupid reason.

One of the previous posters said it here... Instagram is good for business but bad for people. It creates such a crazy high standard of living that most people cannot attain. We THINK everyone has silver cross strollers and Sary sheitels and expensive baby clothing, then we get jealous when we don't win the giveaway. It's insane!

If you can't handle a "famous" person winning, get off instagram. Now. For your mental health.

P.S. If you really want a double stroller, they sell them at amazon and target.

P.P.S. Even if Bari hadn't won, you probably weren't gonna win anyway.

Oh my gosh, this is everything I wanted to say

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:03 pm
I have many influencer friends. They don’t just ALWAYS get wat they want when they want it. Sometimes yes. I think it’s totally fine she entered the giveaway. Same as for a diamond necklace or sheital she would enter and I think it’s totally fair.

watergirl

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:19 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Unfortunately I think any sort of lesson there was to be learned was lost in the nastiness; people really hit below the belt and I'm sure what she's walking away with is a just feeling of hurt and betrayal.

I agree with you. I saw some comments, not super mean ones. But I imagine they were worse than what I saw. I feel like they did not have to be shared with her.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:20 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
During covid frum influencers were pushing very hard to shop frum women owned businesses, like how could we not want to support them?

So we don't everything free and most frum brands are priced higher and the return policies are less than favorable (ship back at your own expense and your own methods if you even are eligible for refund for example), so actually no I can't just start supporting them even though they need me now.

I think for me that era kind of taught me how out of touch they really are, not maliciously but just because they receive these items for free and don't need to budget for them.

This whole stroller controversy reminds me of that, Bari saying in the text to stop the sinas chinam, like no people aren't sooo bad it's just tiresome to see how out of touch they are about what it means for people to actually have to purchase all of this independently.

You don't have to buy all this!!!

You can shop on Amazon and Target and Walmart!!!

And you can be happy and live a healthy, prosperous lifestyle!

amother
Chicory

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:28 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
You don't have to buy all this!!!

You can shop on Amazon and Target and Walmart!!!

And you can be happy and live a healthy, prosperous lifestyle!

The point was how they were preaching in a holier than thou way and it felt out of touch with the reasons were not all running to switch our shopping methods

The relevance here was how they jumped to sinas chinam and jealousy accusations instead of understanding the other side

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:24 pm
This is so eye opening to me to see how seriously people take social media. You realize there’s a whole real world out there that doesn’t revolve around the fakeness and drama? People are jealous of influencers? Feel like I’m living in an alternate reality.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 12:22 am
amother Hawthorn wrote:
So why’d he enter?

To support his school 🙄
I'm sure he didn't think he'd actually win.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media