Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Dalia Oziel Giveaway
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:21 am
I'm curious to hear more opinions on whether or not it was the correct thing to do to rerun the giveaway.
See her stories on Instagram for more context.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:27 am
I get why people were upset. The other influencer easily gets free products and it doesn’t make sense for her to win.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:34 am
Was there a stipulation before about what type of people can enter? Otherwise it’s all fair

realsilver

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:35 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
I get why people were upset. The other influencer easily gets free products and it doesn’t make sense for her to win.

Why?
Bashert is bashert. Hashem seems everyone what's destined for them...
I also don't understand why people can't live and let live... And people really hurt her with their comments. I don't think it should have been rerun at all.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:36 am
I was a little horrified. Sure it's annoying when people win things that we feel they shouldn't have, every Chinese auction is won by rich people who don't need it. But she did win fair and square. People saying they won't be participating in giveaways that influencers can win are ridiculous, do you not enter raffles that rich people enter? The whole thing was in bad taste.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:38 am
I also don’t get it.
To me there are two categories of winners: me, and not me. If it’s not me I don’t analyze it. If it is me, well yay me lol.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:43 am
People sent messages to her they didn’t think it would be publicly posted. Not sure she should have done that. She could have discussed it with her privately about if they should repick. Or she could have ignored the messages.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:49 am
I don’t think the people who messaged Dalia were speaking LH nor was it sinas chinam (both were mentioned( or something for an influencer to take personally.

It’s a good topic for open discussion.
Should an influencer refrain from entering giveaways?
Yeah no maybe so

UQT

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:52 am
What was the prize that everyone got so upset?

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:53 am
A winner is a winner. Done. I do understand why people felt it wasn't a fair winner. But I don't understand people complaining about it. Like just too bad.
Between me and you, can't Dalia 'reselect' a winner with that app? and share the video of the winner she likes?
I entered giveaways for years and tagged sooo many people even on giveaways with very few entries, and I never won a giveaway.
It's usually people with TONS of followers winning. I think having a 'popular account' as the winner gives the giveaway host more publicity and trust because that big account will share that she won and so on. Also in this case, Pishposh gains from a winner with a large following since the winner would share that she won this exclusive color from Pishposh.

realsilver

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:54 am
amother Hawthorn wrote:
I don’t think the people who messaged Dalia were speaking LH nor was it sinas chinam (both were mentioned( or something for an influencer to take personally.

It’s a good topic for open discussion.
Should an influencer refrain from entering giveaways?
Yeah no maybe so

Like why should she not enter a giveaway?? Does she have more of a chance at winning?? She won fair and square. I don't get it

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:55 am
realsilver wrote:
Like why should she not enter a giveaway?? Does she have more of a chance at winning?? She won fair and square. I don't get it

No idea but obviously it’s something people feel strongly about. The topic doesn’t have to be shut down. But it’s not personal to this influencer is what I’m saying.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:00 am
UQT wrote:
What was the prize that everyone got so upset?

A double stroller. I think the people who have a problem with this are hurting for some reason and lashed out because of that.
Nothing really related to bari or dalia

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:05 am
realsilver wrote:

Because she can easily get a free stroller by promising to promote it. For other people it was the only way to win one. It just feels off. I don't think anyone messaging privately did anything wrong. I don't think it should have been publicized and done in a way that it was a whole thing. But I also don't think it's an insult to say an influencer shouldn't win it. It's not about her personally it's about the concept.

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:11 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
Because she can easily get a free stroller buy promising to promote it. For other people it was the only way to win one. It just feels off. I don't think anyone messaging privately did anything wrong. I don't think it should have been publicized and done in a way that it was a whole thing. But I also don't think it's an insult to say an influencer shouldn't win it. It's not about her personally it's about the concept.

If Hashem wants you to get a free stroller, He could arrange that in multiple ways. But not by not farginning someone else

cupcake123

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:25 am
Can someone recap what happened

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:37 am
I don’t think it was the best judgment for the other influencer to enter the raffle to begin with, but technically she is allowed to and didn’t do anything wrong. Her winning was completely random out of thousands of people, so clearly it was meant to be

I don’t understand that people are upset over it, once you didn’t win it doesn’t really matter who else got it. Would you genuinely feel better if it wasn’t an influencer but someone else? No, you’d still be upset it wasn’t you. So people are just looking for something to take out their disappointment on

As with any raffle, all types of people win. IME it’s usually the ones who don’t need it who win, honestly. Doesn’t really matter because they had a right to enter same as everyone else, and it was up to Hashem who won

I think it’s extra ridiculous because nobody even had to pay to enter

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:48 am
A couple of years ago there was a school raffle for a trip to ey. The drawing was held in front of everyone and the principal won. He promptly had another name pulled. It was a big kiddush hashem. It’s not about being right it’s the bigger picture.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:54 am
I'm so happy for her that she needs a double stroller bH

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:58 am
I thought it was incredibly out of taste that the whole conversation was made public. People were mad because she doesn't have a baby and was going to give it away. Too bad, that's her right! Then D posted maybe she's trying for another and this will give her the push of something??? And B posted her Tehillim name and please daven for her and she's crying for another. The whole thing was very cringy and awkward. Of course shes allowed to win, but why are people getting all up in her reproductive business lol?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media