Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What gadgets should I get to clean my floors?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:05 am
My whole house upstairs and downstairs is hardwood floor. Right now we're doing the super old fashioned broom and mop. I have a mediocre vaccum cleaner that I hate taking out and my cleaning lady doesn't love either. I also have a steam mop which I love but learned on here that it can ruin hardwood floors? My cleaning lady does the floors twice a week but it really needs more than that. I find the main floor gets very dirty all the time, plus I have a baby that's starting to crawl, and eat. She takes up a lot of my time too so I need something that saves time as well. I'm barely finding the time to sweep the floors before I go to sleep and it's just yucky to come down to that in the morning.

I feel like I want a tineco+roomba+a good vacuum plus maybe also a robot vacuum mop combo? But that's a lot of gadgets and a lot of $$$.

What makes the most sense for me?

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:27 am
I have a tineco robot vaccuum with a mop attachment. It was around 200 and is absolutely amazing. I have a mixture of tile, hardwood and vinyl floors and it does a great job on them all.

Floors still need to be mopped by a human once a week because you see which spots needs extra scrubbing but you have a cleaning lady twice a week so this would be exactly what you need to keep your floors clean in between.

I run it on my main floor every evening and I only use my broom on Shabbos. It is literally one of the best purchases I ever made!

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:31 am
I had the robovaccum and found that I still had to get out the regular vacuum for edges and corners. So I switched to a stick vaccuum and its been great.

I love my electric mop.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:33 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
I have a tineco robot vaccuum with a mop attachment. It was around 200 and is absolutely amazing. I have a mixture of tile, hardwood and vinyl floors and it does a great job on them all.

Floors still need to be mopped by a human once a week because you see which spots needs extra scrubbing but you have a cleaning lady twice a week so this would be exactly what you need to keep your floors clean in between.

I run it on my main floor every evening and I only use my broom on Shabbos. It is literally one of the best purchases I ever made!

Sounds great! Do you mind sending a link to the exact one? Getting confused because there are a few from tineco

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:40 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Sounds great! Do you mind sending a link to the exact one? Getting confused because there are a few from tineco

This is what I have. It has a feature to do edge cleaning which does a good job provided it can fit it in the space. This is obviously not in place of a real good cleaning - it is to maintain the floors in between the weekly or bi weekly good human cleaning.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K.....;th=1

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:48 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
This is what I have. It has a feature to do edge cleaning which does a good job provided it can fit it in the space. This is obviously not in place of a real good cleaning - it is to maintain the floors in between the weekly or bi weekly good human cleaning.

Thanks so much!

Do you think it's woth it to buy the protection plan?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:58 am
mha3484 wrote:
I had the robovaccum and found that I still had to get out the regular vacuum for edges and corners. So I switched to a stick vaccuum and its been great.

I love my electric mop.

Thats so funny cuz I found the exact opposite. I own Roborock vacuum and feel like it picks up way more than when I sweep.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:02 am
I sweep on shabbos or to just make a big pile to sort through. During the week I use this https://www.dyson.com/vacuum-c.....dless

I found it was easier then the robo. Anytime someone spills, someone just gets it and cleans up the mess. My kids can do it too which has been great for teaching them to clean up their own messes. But I find it more practical then the robo vacuum.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:07 am
amother Charcoal wrote:

You wrote in your first post you have a tineco but the one you linked isn't? Appreciate the reviews regardless Wink

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:16 am
amother OP wrote:
You wrote in your first post you have a tineco but the one you linked isn't? Appreciate the reviews regardless Wink

oops you are right. I was going back and forth between the tineco handheld and this tikom that I bought. I was about to buy the tineco and then said no I need a robot so I don't have to involved in the process at all - even if handheld does technically clean better. My kids named the robot tinny which is a sensible nickname for tineco so I mixed them up. I have the tikom robot vac that I sent the link for - not the tineco.

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 12:03 pm
I got the roborock S7 Max. I'm really happy with it.
I'm a babysitter so I have a lot of crawling kids and crumbs and as soon as they leave I can send it to have clean floors and again in the night so its clean for the babies in the morning.
There are probably cheaper options if you have cleaning help to do a proper job during the week

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 12:10 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:

I have this tikom as well and I'm so happy with it. I run it nightly in my kitchen/Dr. It does a great job for in between sweep and mop. I find the quality very similar to another mid priced (200-300) roborock I used to have. I've never had a very expensive or fancy one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry