Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I don't get cleaning toys…
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:13 pm
Whats with all the posts about ppl cleaning their playroom for pesach? I cover all the toys and give the kids klp ones. No time for cleaning toys or organizing shelves or wiping shelves.

ray family

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:15 pm
Combination of spring cleaning, not having Pesach toys, having little kids who bring food into the playroom so if they are going to use the toothy need to get cleaned

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:16 pm
Everyone does what works for them. I take a few hours to sort thru the toy closet, throw out what doesn't get used, sift thru everything else to visually scan for chometz and then lat the kids play with them on pesach but no toys allowed in the kitchen or dining room on yt.

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:18 pm
We don’t clean toys and was Taught it’s unnecessary

flowerpower

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:21 pm
I spill each bin, wash it aka give my son shmattas and windex and let him give it all out on the containerand put the toys in slowly- making sure no other toy pieces sneaked in there by mistake, and put it back. My toys are not chometzdig. The games are so we have separate ones for Pesach

Blessing1

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:23 pm
We don't do toys, but I don't allow food in the playroom or toys in the kitchen. So there's little chance of actual chometz being in the playroom/toys.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:24 pm
I cannot afford a second set of KLP toys.

We are yeshivish and our Rav said you do not need to clean toys. My 9 and 5 year old dump out each box one by one, look around for any pieces of chometz like a cheerio, piece of pretzel etc, then wipe the box and put the toys back in.

chestnut

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Whats with all the posts about ppl cleaning their playroom for pesach? I cover all the toys and give the kids klp ones. No time for cleaning toys or organizing shelves or wiping shelves.

I know! What's up with all these posts about cleaning kitchen cabinets, fridges, and stoves? Who has time for that? I just close up my kitchen and open klp one.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:35 pm
chestnut wrote:
I know! What's up with all these posts about cleaning kitchen cabinets, fridges, and stoves? Who has time for that? I just close up my kitchen and open klp one.

LOL

I do just close off all of my cabinets and pantry. I bring in a few plastic shelving units (Walmart has very cheap sturdy ones). The kitchen is more cramped but it is SO worth it!

I am also extremely lucky that we have storage space. I splurged a few years ago on a cheap (under $400) basic model Pesach stove and we just switch it out. The kitchen doesn't stress me out anymore.

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:42 pm
We don't do half the stuff mentioned on here but to each her own I guess. We just vacuum and dust where the toys are kept. Never heard of pesach toys. I only really go nuts in the kitchen and dining room since that's where we eat/prep food. DH and I eat snacks on the couch so we vacuum and clean that well too.

chestnut

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:49 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
LOL

I do just close off all of my cabinets and pantry. I bring in a few plastic shelving units (Walmart has very cheap sturdy ones). The kitchen is more cramped but it is SO worth it!

I am also extremely lucky that we have storage space. I splurged a few years ago on a cheap (under $400) basic model Pesach stove and we just switch it out. The kitchen doesn't stress me out anymore.

Don't tell anyone, but I close off all my kitchen cabinets and most drawers, too. No shelving units, though. Between counters and pesach boxes, we make do, but we're also a very small family and don't host. Not being embarrassed that my kitchen looks like a war zone helps too.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:55 pm
chestnut wrote:

Ya what’s up with all these posts about cleaning houses and cars for pesach?

I just close my houses and cars and open my KLP ones.

agreer

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:57 pm
We don't eat in the playroom.

We check for big crumbs, clean out bins, and that's it.

tichellady

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 12:01 am
We also don’t have a playroom or extra storage space to have extra pesach toys

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 12:50 am
amother Puce wrote:
Ya what’s up with all these posts about cleaning houses and cars for pesach?

I just close my houses and cars and open my KLP ones.

LOL
There have been years when things were so chaotic I actually considered skipping the cleaning of the minivan and just locking up my minivan and renting one for Pesach. Never actually did it but it did give me a few minutes of calm just imagining . Now BH my kids are old enough they clean the van (and since they are older it is less messy too)

zaq

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 1:22 pm
chestnut wrote:

How lovely for you. Not everyone has the luxury of a Pesach kitchen. AND UNLESS YOU LIVE IN AN UNSPEAKABLY RICH BUBBLE FROM WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER EMERGED TO LOOK AT THE REAL WORLD, YOU KNEW THAT.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 1:28 pm
There is no halacha that one must lock up toys or clean the toys. You can do it for chinuch, to have your kids clean their toys as their contribution (or to keep them busy). If you have a play kitchen, give the kids a shmatte and a water-filled sprayer and let them clean their own kitchen just like their parents.

But even if you took shnitzel and rubbed it all over your duplos, as long as those duplos don't come to the table, you are fine to play with them on pesach.

One year when our toys were especially grimy, my husband soaked a bunch in a bathtub with a bit of bleach, and I thought he was nuts, so I asked our rav, then I asked another rav, and then a third, THEN I called the Star K and all said what I knew - grime is gross but it is not chametz!

mommyhood

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 1:35 pm
When we go to friends and family who have Pesach toys my kids are bored. I'd rather spend a day cleaning and not have to invest in enough toys to keep them entertained all week.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 1:36 pm
zaq wrote:
How lovely for you. Not everyone has the luxury of a Pesach kitchen. AND UNLESS YOU LIVE IN AN UNSPEAKABLY RICH BUBBLE FROM WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER EMERGED TO LOOK AT THE REAL WORLD, YOU KNEW THAT.

She was being sarcastic…

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 1:37 pm
zaq wrote:

Heeyyy its ok! its ok! I'm pretty sure she was kidding around!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics